Your daily dose of WHATEVER!!
Lamar Odom Was Busted for DUI
LAMAR ODOM was busted early Friday morning for DUI in the Los Angeles area. He failed several field sobriety tests, but there's no word WHAT he was under the influence of. He refused all chemical tests, so his license was suspended for a year. KHLOE KARDASHIAN later Tweeted, quote, "As much as I wish I were made of steel . . . I'm not. I'm pretty damn close to it though hehe."
KIM KARDASHIAN may be ready to take her clothes off for us again.
On an upcoming episode of "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" . . . filmed while she was still pregnant . . . Kim says, quote, "As soon as I pop this thing out, I want to do 'Playboy' or some nude shoot."
Charlie Sheen Holds a Knife to a Woman in His Birthday Picture
CHARLIE SHEEN turns 48 today, but he celebrated on Sunday with porno stars JAYME LANGFORD, CELESTE STAR and JANA JORDAN. And he Tweeted a picture of the four of them together . . . in which he seems to be holding a knife on Jordan.
Stars Who Used to Be Strippers
The website Hollyscoop.com has put together a list of Stars Who Used to Be Strippers. Some of them might surprise you. The list includes . . .
Channing Tatum (This one's obvious.)
Brad Pitt (As a student at the University of Missouri, he was a member of a group called the DANCING BARES.)
Lady Gaga (She was stripping at the age of 18.)
Catherine Zeta-Jones (She did it briefly, and only to earn enough money for a nose job.)
Javier Bardem (He did it once, when he was 20.)
Michael Douglas Says He and Catherine Zeta-Jones Are "Fine"
MICHAEL DOUGLAS says there's no crisis in his marriage to CATHERINE ZETA-JONES . . . even though he does admit to being separated
Speaking to reporters in Berlin yesterday he said, quote, "I have a crisis at home? No, I think the press has a crisis.
"We, we are fine. My wife and I are, are fine. We take a temporary separation, but the press . . . it gives you stuff to write about."
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
HAYDEN PANETTIERE in a bikini is certainly worth a look, despite the surgically-enhanced cans. (Check out some pics here. Oh, and you can see in this pic that she appears to be getting her misspelled tattoo removed.)
ZAC EFRON filmed a scene for his latest movie shirtless. Trust me ladies, you WANT to see this. (Here's the pic.)
JESSICA ALBA hit the beach in Malibu over the weekend. (Here are the bikini pics.)
JENNIFER LOPEZ went without makeup during a shopping trip with her daughter . . . and still looked gorgeous. (Here are some pics.)
67-year-old CHER looks decades younger in the photo shoot for her new album. I'm guessing Photoshop was involved. (Check it out here.)
Justin Bieber Was Attacked at a Toronto Nightclub
JUSTIN BIEBER and his crew are still under investigation for a nightclub assault. But over the weekend, Justin was the VICTIM of an assault at a Toronto club called Uniun.
Sources say a guy tried to bum-rush Justin and tackle him as he was walking to the dance floor. He got a hold of Justin's shirt before the chaos was broken up. Justin tried to go after the guy, but he was being held back, too.
The attacker was kicked out of the club, but he left with a souvenir . . . one of Justin's gold chains.
Tim Tebow Has Been Cut by the Patriots
Tebow Time is OVER in Massachusetts. The New England Patriots cut TIM TEBOW over the weekend . . . even after he threw two touchdowns in a preseason game against the New York Giants on Thursday night.
On Saturday, Tebow Tweeted, quote, "I will remain in relentless pursuit of continuing my lifelong dream of being an NFL quarterback."
He also thanked the team for, quote, "giving me the opportunity to be a part of such a classy organization."
Your "50 Shades of Grey" Stars Are Charlie Hunnam and Dakota Johnson
The stars of the "50 Shades of Grey" movie have been chosen. They are: CHARLIE HUNNAM from "Pacific Rim" and "Sons of Anarchy" . . . and DAKOTA JOHNSON from "The Social Network" and "Ben & Kate". She's also the daughter of MELANIE GRIFFITH and DON JOHNSON.
Charlie plays Jax on the show "Sons of Anarchy" . . . and he starred in one of the coolest movies of the summer, "Pacific Rim".
Dakota is the daughter of MELANIE GRIFFITH and DON JOHNSON. She was in "The Social Network", and she played Kate on the short-lived Fox sitcom "Ben & Kate".
"The Butler" Topped the Labor Day Weekend Box Office
It was a tight race at the box office between "The Butler" and the ONE DIRECTION concert movie "This Is Us", but "The Butler" just eked out the win, $20 million to $18 million.
Meanwhile, a Spanish-language limited release called "Instructions Not Included" was a surprise hit with $10 million in 5th place . . . but the ETHAN HAWKE-SELENA GOMEZ action movie "Getaway" was a dud with just $5.5 million in 9th place.
Here are this week's Top 10 movies:
1. "Lee Daniels' The Butler", $20 million. Up to $79.3 million in its 3rd week.
2. (NEW) "One Direction: This Is Us", $18 million.
3. "We're the Millers", $15.9 million. Up to $113 million in its 4th week.
4. "Planes", $10.7 million. Up to $73.8 million in its 4th week.
5. (NEW) "Instructions Not Included", $10 million.
6. "Elysium", $8.3 million. Up to $80.4 million in its 4th week.
7. "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones", $6.8 million. Up to $24.3 million in its 2nd week.
8. "Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters", $6.1 million. Up to $56.6 million in its 4th week.
9. (NEW) "Getaway", $5.5 million.
10. "Blue Jasmine", $5.3 million. Up to $21.8 million in its 6th week.
And Now . . . It Sounds Like Harry Connick Jr. Will Be the Third "American Idol" Judge"
Fox hasn't confirmed anything yet, but it sounds like "American Idol" has decided on HARRY CONNICK JR. as the third judge for next season . . . joining KEITH URBAN and JENNIFER LOPEZ. It's unclear when the official announcement is coming, but RYAN SEACREST hints that it'll be SOON.
Tuesday TV Reminders:
• "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" . . . 8:00 to 8:30 P.M. on the CW. This week's celebrity guest is "Nikita's" Maggie Q.
• "Extreme Weight Loss" [3rd Season Finale] . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on ABC.
• "So You Think You Can Dance" [Performance Show] . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Fox. Paula Abdul and Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas are your guest judges as the top 4 dancers perform.
• "America's Got Talent" [Performance Show] . . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on NBC.
• "Who Do You Think You Are?". . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on TLC. Country singer Trisha Yearwood investigates her paternal family ancestry back to England.
• "Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition" [2nd Season Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Lifetime.
• "My Big Fat Revenge" [Series Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Oxygen. Plus-size women transform their lives by losing the weight and showing off their new physiques when they confront the people who made their lives miserable.
• "Top Gear" [4th Season Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on History.
• "Cold Justice" [Series Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on TNT. A former prosecutor named Kelly Siegler and a former crime-scene investigator named Yolanda McClary, try to solve cold cases in this reality series.
• "Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Cincinnati Bengals" [8th Season Finale] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on HBO.
• "The Profit" [1st Season Finale] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on CNBC.
• "We're The Fugawis" [Series Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on History. A new reality series about the Fugawis motorcycle club . . . whose members make their living working construction in upstate New York.
• "Brickleberry" [2nd Season Premiere] . . . 10:30 to 11:00 P.M. on Comedy Central.
• "Web Therapy" . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on Showtime. Former "Friends" star Matt LeBlanc guest stars as a compulsive gambler.
• "Nick Cannon Presents: Wild 'N Out" . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on MTV2. "Fantasy Factor's" Chanel and rapper Pusha T are guests.
Early Morning Show Guests:
• "The Today Show" - Ariana Grande performs. The other guests are MTV's Nikki Glaser and Sara Schaefer ("Nikki & Sara Live"), teen chef Reed Alexander (who you know as Nevel from "iCarly") and author Lori Duron ("Raising My Rainbow: Adventures in Raising a Fabulous, Gender Creative Son").
• "Good Morning America" - Si Robertson ("Duck Dynasty") and Cedric the Entertainer ("The Soul Man"). Music Guest: Tamar Braxton.
• "CBS This Morning" - Authors Fred Burton and Samuel M. Katz ("Under Fire: The Untold Story of the Attack in Benghazi").
Mid-Morning Show Guests:
• "Live! With Kelly and Michael" - Demi Lovato ("The X Factor") and Cedric the Entertainer ("Who Wants To Be A Millionaire"). Music Guest: Jennifer Nettles.
• "The View" - Lake Bell ("In a World…"). Music Guests: Cee-Lo Green and the Goodie Mob. (REPEAT)
• "Rachael Ray" - "Biggest Loser" host Alison Sweeney. (REPEAT)
This Afternoon On TV:
• "Ellen DeGeneres" - Will and Jaden Smith ("After Earth"), plus B-Girl's 6-year-old Terra and 9-year-old Eddie. (REPEAT)
• "The Talk" - Tyra Banks ("America's Next Top Model"), author Lindy DeKoven ("Primetime Princess"), and Jeff Lewis ("Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis"). (REPEAT)
• "Katie Couric" - "Life After Lottery". Tips for dealing with sudden wealth and how lottery winners manage to keep their lives on track after hitting it big. (REPEAT)
• "Steve Harvey" - Steve helps one woman meet her biological father and finds love for another woman who works as a professional mascot. (REPEAT)
• "Dr. Phil" - "Below Rock Bottom". Author Matthew O'Brien ("Beneath the Neon: Life and Death in the Tunnels of Las Vegas") and "The Locator's" Troy Dunn.
• "Dr. Oz Show" - A "New York Times" investigative reporter about the questionable practices found in the food industry. (REPEAT)
• "Wendy Williams" - Taraji P. Henson ("Person of Interest") and fashion expert Bobbie Thomas for her book "The Power of Style: Everything You Need to Know Before You Get Dressed Tomorrow". (REPEAT)
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "Letterman" - Jake Gyllenhaal ("Prisoners") and "The Talk's" Julie Chen. Music Guest: The Dodos.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Vin Diesel ("Riddick") and 11-year-old filmmaker Zachary Maxwell. Music Guest: John Legend.
• "The Tonight Show" - Bill Maher and professional tennis player Victoria Duval.
• "Craig Ferguson" - Jay Leno and model Elettra Wiedemann.
• "Jimmy Fallon" - Demi Lovato ("The X Factor") and Michael Strahan ("Live with Kelly and Michael"). Music Guest: Neko Case.
• "Carson Daly" - Natalie Zea ("Justified" and "The Following") and Antiviral Director Brandon Cronenberg Faye. Music Guest: Niki & The Dove. (REPEAT)
• "Conan" - Alison Pill ("The Newsroom"), Jason Biggs ("Orange Is the New Black"), and comedian Rory Scovel.
• "Jon Stewart" - No guests listed yet. Check your local listings.
• "The Colbert Report" - Meteorologist Gary England.
• "Chelsea Lately" - Producer Diablo Cody.
Ariana Grande, Nine Inch Nails, and John Legend Drop New CDs Today
• "Yours Truly", the debut album from Ariana Grande . . . It includes Mac Miller on her song "The Way", and Big Sean on the track "Right There".
• "Hesitation Marks", the eighth album from Nine Inch Nails
• "Love and War", the second disc from Tamar Braxton . . . Toni Braxton's little sister
• "Love In The Future", the fourth album from John Legend
• "Appreciation Day", the sixth album from R&B singer Jaheim
• "The Worse Things Get, The Harder I Fight, The Harder I Fight, The More I Love You", the sixth album from Neko Case of the New Pornographers
• "Rarities", Rod Stewart . . . a 24-track collection of some of the early songs from Rod's career recorded between the years 1969 and 1974. It includes a cover of The Who's "Pinball Wizard" . . . plus early versions of "Maggie May" and "You Wear It Well".
• "Later… When the TV Turns to Static", the third album from the rock band Glasvegas. Check out the video for their song "If", which includes an intro from William Shatner.
• "Repave", the second album from the indie band Volcano Choir, which features Bon Iver frontman Justin Vernon. You can check out their sound at VolcanoChoir.com or watch the videos for "Byegone" and "Comrade" on YouTube.
• "Bad Blood", the debut album from the British band Bastille. You can check them out on their SoundCloud.
• "Wild Card", the second album from the rock band ReVamp . . . featuring Dutch minx Floor Jansen. Check out their sound here.
• "Pain is Beauty", the fourth album from indie rock minx Chelsea Wolfe. Check her sound out at ChelseaWolfe.net.
• "World Boogie Is Coming", the southern rock band North Mississippi Allstars
• "Long Night Moon", the 8th album from the country band Reckless Kelly. You can preview the songs "Idaho" and "Long Night Moon" on SoundCloud.com.
• "The Journey (Livin' Hits)", Craig Morgan. It features eight of his biggest hits including "Redneck Yacht Club", "International Harvester" and "That's What I Like About Sunday". There are also four new songs, including his single "Wake Up Loving You".
• "Frog Trouble", songs written by children's author Sandra Boynton and performed by an odd collection of singers, including Mark Lanegan of Queens of the Stone Age, Ben Folds, Fountains of Wayne, Ryan Adams, and country singers Brad Paisley, Darius Rucker, Kacey Musgraves, Alison Krauss, Josh Turner, and Dwight Yoakam.
Today's New DVDs Include "Sharknado" and the Final Season of "The Office"
• "Now You See Me" . . . Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher and Dave Franco are a team of magicians who pull off a bank heist during their act. Mark Ruffalo is an FBI agent trying to catch and Morgan Freeman is his magic consultant.
• Rob Zombie's "The Lords of Salem" . . . a horror movie starring Sheri Moon Zombie as a DJ who experiences visions after receiving a mysterious record.
• "Cockneys vs. Zombies" . . . a British horror comedy about bank robbers fighting through zombie-infested London with their grandfather and his retirement home friends.
• "The English Teacher" stars Julianne Moore as a teacher trying to get a former student's play produced. Nathan Lane, Lily Collins, and Greg Kinnear are also in it.
• "Arthur Newman" . . . starring Colin Firth as an amateur golfer who stages his own death, creates a new identity as a golf pro, and runs off with Emily Blunt.
• "The Iceman" stars Michael Shannon as a mafia hitman, Winona Ryder as his clueless wife, and Chris Evans as a hitman who uses an ice cream truck for his cover.
• "SHARKNADO"!!! . . . starring Ian Ziering and Tara Reid. Plus these TV series . . .
• "The Office: Season Nine" . . . a five-disc set of the show's final season.
• "Parks & Recreation: Season Five"
• "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: The Complete Season 8"
• "Person of Interest: The Complete Second Season" . . . on a six-disc set.
• "Criminal Minds: Season 8" . . . on a six-disc set.
• "Revolution: The Complete First Season" . . . on a five-disc set.
• "Scandal: The Complete Second Season" . . . on a five-disc set.
• "The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Fourth Season" . . . on a five-disc set.
• "Spartacus War of the Damned: The Complete 3rd Season". . . on a three-disc set.
"Diablo III" and a Classic Mickey Mouse Game Hit Consoles Today
• "Diablo III" . . . This is a console version for Xbox360 and PS3. In this one, your ally against the remaining demon lords is the niece of Deckard Cain, the old man who helped you in the first two games. It's a four-player co-op that you can play online, as well as locally WITHOUT having to play split screen. (TV Spot)
The PC version came out in May of last year and featured an online auction house that let you sell items for real money. This console version does NOT include that. There will eventually be a PS4 version but there's no word on if they'll make one for Xbox One.
(Check out the trailer for the game's first expansion "Reaper of Souls" here.)
• "Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse" is a remake of an old Sega Genesis game that's downloadable on Xbox360, PS3, and the PC. The Xbox version hits the Xbox Live Arcade tomorrow. Mickey has to rescue Minnie from an evil witch. (Trailer)
• "Total War: Rome III" is a strategy game for the PC where the Roman Empire fights for control of the Mediterranean against Carthaginians, Macedonians and Egyptians. The game includes land and sea battles fought with or against another players.
(Mykel Hawke, a green beret from Discovery Channel's "Man Woman Wild", also did an interesting video about what life on the march as a legionnaire was like.)
• "Rayman Legends" is a 4-player co-op game on the Xbox360, PS3, and the WiiU. With the Wii version, you can get a fifth player into the game by using the handheld touchscreen pad. That player protects you and acts as your shield. (Trailer)
And now for some STUPID NEWS.....
41% of Men and 20% of Women Have Tried to Pick Up Their Doctor . . . Plus the Most and Least Datable Types of Doctors
According to a new survey, 89% of people say they find doctors attractive . . . and 41% of men and 20% of women have actually tried to PICK UP their doctor while they were being treated for an injury or illness. Surgeons were named the most datable type of doctors . . . psychiatrists are least datable.
The Eight Unwritten Rules in Life Everyone Should Know
Here are some of the unwritten rules in life everyone should know. If you're not passing someone on the freeway, GET OUT OF THE LEFT LANE. If someone shows you a photo on their phone, don't swipe left or right. And when the host starts cleaning, the party's over and you need to go home.
1. If you're not passing someone on the freeway, GET OUT OF THE LEFT LANE.
2. When someone shows you a picture on their phone, don't swipe left or right . . . you don't want to see something embarrassing.
3. When the host starts cleaning, the party's over and you need to go home.
4. Let people get off a bus, train, or elevator before you get on.
5. Don't make plans with friends, or talk about plans with friends, in front of people who weren't invited.
6. If there's an awkward silence, don't SAY, "Awkward silence" . . . because it just makes things worse, not better.
7. If someone's wearing headphones or trying to sleep on a plane, they don't want to talk.
8. Unless you're REALLY broke or you're under 30, don't ask your friends to help you move. Hire movers. (Reddit)
The Tooth Fairy Is Up to $3.70 Per Tooth . . . Because Parents Don't Want Other Parents to Think They're Cheap
According to an annual survey by Visa, in 2013, kids are getting an average of $3.70 per lost tooth from the Tooth Fairy. That's up 23% from last year, when kids were averaging $3 . . . and up 1,480% from when you were lucky to get a quarter. The price is jumping because parents don't want other parents to think they're CHEAP.
For Just $14,000, You Can Now Go to Rehab for Internet Addiction
Starting next week, a hospital in northern Pennsylvania will be the first place offering inpatient rehab for INTERNET ADDICTION. The program lasts 10 days and includes a 72-hour "digital detox." It costs $14,000 and is NOT covered by insurance.
Would You Pay $51 for a Jar of Spreadable Beer?
Ever wanted to try a BEER SANDWICH? An Italian company has figured out a way to make a SPREADABLE BEER. It comes in dark and light flavors, and you can use it anywhere you'd use jelly or frosting. Unfortunately, you'll also have to pay a ton for international shipping . . . so it'll run about $51 to get a 10-ounce jar.
A Woman Has Sworn Off Alcohol After Throwing Up So Violently She Tore Her Windpipe
Back in June, a 21-year-old woman in England went out drinking and took down three triple vodka cokes . . . that's NINE shots. So she started throwing up . . . and it was so VIOLENT she managed to TEAR HER WINDPIPE. She was hospitalized for six days, and now she SWEARS she's giving up alcohol forever . . . but unlike every time YOU'VE sworn off alcohol, SHE might actually mean it.
KFC Has Found a Way to Deep Fry Soup
On Thursday, KFC in Japan is going to start selling DEEP FRIED SOUP. It's a thick corn and potato soup that's encased in batter and fried. There's no word on whether deep fried soup is coming to the U.S., but like most ridiculous overseas fast food creations, probably not.
CHARLIE SHEEN - 48 (Charlie uses his given, Hispanic name CARLOS ESTEVEZ for the first time, in the credits for "Machete Kills", in which he plays the president. It comes out next month.)
Shaun White - 27 ("The Flying Tomato" has two Olympic gold medals for snowboarding but he might be an even better skateboarder.)
Paz de la Huerta - 29 ("Boardwalk Empire" actress who rarely keeps her clothes on.)
Garrett Hedlund - 29 (Sam Flynn in "TRON: Legacy" and a young country singer in "Country Strong". He was also in "On the Road", the movie where Kristen Stewart goes topless while manually pleasuring two guys in a moving car.)
Nick Wechsler - 35 (Jack Porter on ABC's "Revenge". Back in the day he was also the sheriff's son Kyle Valenti on "Roswell".)
Costas Mandylor - 48 (Hoffman, the guy who replaced Jigsaw as the killer in the "Saw" movies.)
Amber Lynn - 50 (Mattress actress who's starred in 331 fine films, including . . . "The Poonies", "Ball Street", "Crocodile Blondee" AND "Mammary Lane".)
Jennie Finch - 33 (Gorgeous Olympic softball pitcher who took home the gold in Athens and the silver in Beijing. She would've won in London too . . . only the Olympics got rid of softball.)
Todd Lewis - 48 (Singer for The Toadies. Biggest hit: The amazing "Guitar Hero 2" jam "Possum Kingdom". Second biggest hit: Rock bottom. APB on the Toadies. Somebody look under Toad The Wet Sprocket AND Big Head Todd.)
Steve Jones - 58 (The Sex Pistols' guitarist.)
Don Brewer - 65 (Grand Funk Railroad's bad-ass drummer.)
Eric Bell - 66 (Thin Lizzy's guitarist.)
Al Jardine - 71 (The Beach Boys)
Eileen Brennan - Would have been 81 - (1932 - 2013) (Captain Lewis in "Private Benjamin", Mrs. Peacock in "Clue" and the Cat Lady in "Jeepers Creepers".)
Mort Walker - 90 ("Beatle Bailey" superstar.)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 5 days until Grandparents Day
• 16 days to Talk Like a Pirate Day
• 24 days to Native American Day
• 43 days until Boss's Day
• 58 days until Halloween
• 1,235 days left of "Hope and Change"
Back in the day...
118 years ago . . . in 1895 - The FIRST PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL GAME was played in Latrobe, Pennsylvania. The Latrobe YMCA defeated the Jeannette Athletic Club 12-0.
74 years ago . . . in 1939 - Britain and France DECLARED WAR on Germany, two days after the Nazis invaded Poland.
59 years ago . . . in 1954 - After 2,956 episodes, "The Lone Ranger" was heard on radio for the last time. (And after that Johnny Depp atrocity, we may have seen it for the last time in theaters, too.)
43 years ago . . . in 1970 - Legendary football coach VINCE LOMBARDI died in Washington, D.C.
35 years ago . . . in 1978 - PJP2 . . . POPE JOHN PAUL THE SECOND . . . became the 264th pontiff of the Roman Catholic Church . . . and the first non-Italian Pope in 455 years. He was Polish, ya know. Which is how I like my sausage.
21 years ago . . . in 1992 - PRINCE became the highest paid rock star after signing a $100 MILLION deal with Warner Brothers Records . . . $10 million per album.
18 years ago . . . in 1995 - The Ashamed Hispanic That Is CHARLIE SHEEN married one Donna Peele on his 30th birthday. Sadly, this trick for remembering his anniversary didn't pay off, and the unhappy Mr. and Mrs. Sheen were divorced just a few months after their first anniversary. That was TWO WIVES AGO.
9 years ago . . . in 2004 - "Growing Pains" minx TRACEY GOLD flipped her SUV with her entire family inside. (She pleaded guilty to driving DRUNK and was sentenced to 30 days of "county work release", 240 hours of community service and lost her license for a year.)
8 years ago . . . in 2005 - CHIEF JUSTICE WILLIAM REHNQUIST died of thyroid cancer at the age of 80.