Your daily dose of Whatever!!
Nick Cannon Says He'll Always Love Mariah Carey and She's an Amazing Mother
In a 19-Tweet rant, NICK CANNON called the media "evil bottom feeders" . . . then he lashed out against rumors that he left MARIAH CAREY because she's a bad mother. He said, quote, "I will forever be indebted to her for blessing me with our children . . . [She] is an amazing Mother and I trust her wholeheartedly . . . I love [Mariah] and that will never change!!!"
Jessica Simpson Knows Her Husband Loves Her Because He's Seen Her at "Every Size"
JESSICA SIMPSON knows her husband ERIC JOHNSON loves her . . . because he's seen her body go through a lot of changes, and he's still there.
She says, quote, "Eric has seen me at every size, and he loves me no matter what. When I got pregnant with Ace four months after having Maxwell, I was nervous about starting over again . . . and felt overwhelm[ed].
"Eric was so supportive and challenged me to accept my insecurities and focus on what truly matters. I feel stronger than ever, and Eric's unconditional love has been a reminder of the love I should give myself."
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. (NC-17) You can see SHAILENE WOODLEY topless without scouring the Internet for stolen selfies . . . because she pops her top willingly in her new movie "White Bird in a Blizzard". (WARNING!!! Naked breasts will greet you at this link.)
2. Don't cha wish your girlfriend looked as good as NICOLE SCHERZINGER in a bikini?
3. Here's PAMELA ANDERSON looking as dressed and innocent as you've ever seen her.
4. MILLA JOVOVICH is starting to show.
5. Here's your first look at ALLISON WILLIAMS as Peter Pan.
6. JAMES FRANCO shaved his head for a movie.
7. "Big Bang Theory" star JIM PARSONS in his tighty-whities? Sure, if that's your thing.
8. In case you were wondering, this is what some of your favorite NFL quarterbacks would look like BALD.
9. Okay, so this is apparently a video of WILL SMITH "dancing" on a Segway at Burning Man.
Joan Rivers Has Been Moved Out of Intensive Care . . . But She's Still on Life Support
There's good news and bad news to report on JOAN RIVERS. The good news is, she's out of intensive care. The bad news: Sources say she's still on life support.
Her daughter MELISSA issued a brief statement yesterday saying, quote, "My mother has been moved out of intensive care and into a private room where she is being kept comfortable. Thank you for your continued support."
Joan has been in the hospital since last Thursday, when she stopped breathing during minor outpatient surgery on her throat. She's 81 years old.
Jennifer Lawrence May Not Own Some of Her Nude Photos . . . Because They're Not Selfies
At least one website is refusing to take down some of those nude, hacked photos of JENNIFER LAWRENCE . . . because they claim she has no right to demand it. That's because some of those pictures aren't selfies.
And the website claims the rights to those photos would actually belong to whoever TOOK them. They want Jennifer to either prove she owns the pictures, or name the photographer.
We've been through this before. Earlier this year, we heard that the infamous Oscar selfie that ELLEN DEGENERES arranged actually belongs to BRADLEY COOPER. Because no matter whose phone it was taken on, HE'S the one who took it.
The Emmys Were the #1 Show of the Week . . . Plus Your Season Finale Ratings for "Falling Skies", "Defiance", and "Motive"
The "Emmy Awards" were the most-watched show of the week with 15.6 million viewers. Meanwhile, the second season of ABC's "Motive" came to a close with 3.9 million viewers . . . TNT's "Falling Skies" ended its fourth season with 2.4 million . . .
Syfy's "Defiance" finished season two with 1.5 million . . . the FX series "Tyrant" finished its first season with 1.5 million . . . and the series finale of "Chelsea Lately" was only watched by 1 million people, despite its huge roster of celebrity guests.
Here are last week's Top 10 primetime shows:
1. "The Emmy Awards", NBC, 15.6 million viewers.
2. Last Tuesday's "America's Got Talent", NBC, 9.5 million viewers.
3. Last Wednesday's "America's Got Talent", NBC, 9.5 million viewers.
4. "NCIS", CBS, 9 million viewers.
5. "60 Minutes", CBS, 7.2 million viewers.
6. Wednesday's "Big Brother", CBS, 6.9 million viewers.
7. "NCIS: Los Angeles", CBS, 6.7 million viewers.
8. "Under the Dome", CBS, 6.6 million viewers.
9. "College Football: Florida State vs Oklahoma State", ABC, 6 million viewers.
10. "Unforgettable", CBS, 6 million viewers.
Thursday TV Reminders:
•"NFL Football: Green Bay in Seattle" . . . 8:30 to 11:30 P.M. Eastern on NBC. The Seattle Seahawks host the Green Bay Packers in the first official game of the football season.
• "Dating Naked" . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on VH1. Mikey P from the Philly-based band DaCav is one of this week's contestants. You may also remember him as one of the buff contestants on MTV's "From G's to Gents" a few years back.
• "LeAnn & Eddie" . . . 10:30 to 11:00 P.M. on VH1. Country singer LeAnn Rimes reveals that she's stopped using birth control during their Hawaiian vacation.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" - Larry David, Gisele Bundchen, and Jeezy featuring Future.
• "Late Night with Seth Meyers" - Heidi Klum, Kieran Culkin, and Leslie Jones.
• "Letterman" - Steve Buscemi, and Alt-J.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Taraji P. Henson, and Hunter Hayes.
• "Carson Daly" - Jared Harris, the Growlers, and Andrew Schultz. (Repeat)
• "Conan" - Chris Hardwick, Keizo Shimamoto, and David Gray.
• "Craig Ferguson" - Rachael Ray, and Ted Alexandro.
• "Jon Stewart" - Adam Levine.
• "The Colbert Report" - Doris Kearns Goodwin.
Five Random Facts For Thursday
1. Pepperoni is an American food. In Italian, "peperoni" is the word for bell peppers and there's no salami named "pepperoni" used as a pizza topping.
2. The FDA allows any product with five calories or less to be labeled "calorie free" . . . and the manufacturers are allowed to round down and put zero calories on their nutrition label.
3. The Las Vegas Strip technically isn't in the city of Las Vegas. It's officially in three unincorporated areas of Clark County, Nevada called Paradise, Winchester, and Enterprise.
4. There are about 117 million lakes in the world, which cover about 4% of the surface of the Earth.
5. There's only one song on "Rolling Stone's" list of the 500 greatest songs of all time that's NOT in English . . . "La Bamba" by Ritchie Valens, which came in 345th.
75% of Women Prefer a Guy With a Big Belly Than a Guy With a Six Pack?
A fantastic new survey found THREE out of FOUR women say they prefer a guy with a BIG BELLY and love handles than a guy with six-pack abs. Women say guys with abs have worse personalities . . . and they can't relax and have fun.
40% of Men Think Women Wear Too Much Makeup
A new study on makeup found 40% of men think women wear too much . . . and 75% of men think women look best with the "natural" look. The survey also found 10% of men once told a girlfriend she wore too much makeup . . . and got DUMPED shortly after.
The Ten Most Annoying Selfies
A new survey asked people to name the most annoying types of selfies. The top five are: In a bikini . . . after working out . . . about to take a giant bite of unhealthy food . . . lying in bed sick . . . and the duck face.
1. In a bikini.
2. After working out.
3. About to take a giant bite of some unhealthy food.
4. Lying in bed sick.
5. The duck face . . . like you're kissing the camera.
6. Make-up free.
7. A couple in love.
8. A bunch of random people posing together.
10. Pretending to be shy. (Daily Mail)
The Top 10 Ways You're Getting Ripped Off . . . And the Ten Best Values
A new survey asked people about the biggest ripoffs and the best values. The biggest ripoffs are movie theater popcorn, gas, movie tickets, football tickets, and drinks at a bar. The best values are milk and aspirin.
The Thirteen Weirdest Things Bosses Have Asked People to Do
A new survey asked secretaries and assistants to name the weirdest thing their boss has asked them to do. The best answers include: Help a helicopter land on the roof . . . mail a box of dirt . . . and send an email to the staff explaining how to flush a toilet.
A High School Principal Cancelled the Homecoming Dance . . . Because Kids Won't Stop Twerking
A high school principal in Vermont has cancelled the school's homecoming dance and ALL future dances . . . because the kids won't stop TWERKING. She says it's because when they twerk, quote, "students do not face one another or remain with the same person for the length of the song."
Whitney Cummings is 32. Celebrity roasting comedian with a built-in porno name who can't seem to keep a show on the air.
Beyoncé is 33. Somehow when nobody was looking, she and Jay Z became the king and queen of America. But they won't be for much longer . . . if you believe the divorce rumors.
Related Comedy: Beyoncé turns 33 today. She's requested that all guests at her birthday party leave the birthday presents "to the left, to the left." (Rim Shot!)
Max Greenfield is 34. Schmidt on Zooey Deschanel's show "New Girl".
Wes Bentley is 36. Seneca Crane in "The Hunger Games", Ricky Fitts in "American Beauty", and Blackheart in the first "Ghost Rider" movie.
LAWRENCE HILTON-JACOBS is 61. Freddy "Boom-Boom" Washington on "Welcome Back, Kotter"!
Jason David Frank is 41. Tommy on the "Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers"! He was the Green/White Ranger on the original, the Red Ranger for "Power Rangers Zeo" and "Power Rangers Turbo", and the Black Ranger on "Power Rangers Dino Thunder".
(These days Tommy . . . I mean JASON . . . is an MMA fighter who hopes to make it to the UFC. Check out his sweet "Jesus Didn't Tap" tattoo here.)
Ione Skye is 44. The chick John Cusack nailed in "Say Anything". She's the daughter of "Sunshine Superman" superstar Donovan . . . AND . . . she used to nail Adam Horovitz of the Beastie Boys ANYTIME SHE WANTED TO!
Mike Piazza is 46. Retired MLB catching stud.
Damon Wayans is 54. He IS Blankman!
Kim Thayil is 54. Soundgarden guitarist.
Dr. Drew Pinsky is 56.
Khandi Alexander is 57. She was the extremely sexy Nubian Medical Examiner, Dr. Alexx Woods, on "C.S.I.: Miami". Now she's on HBO's post-Katrina show "Treme".
Tom Watson is 65. Legendary golfer.
Merald "Bubba" Knight is 72. One of Gladys Knight's Pips. He's also her brother.
(Nepotism in the Pips? No wonder so many people say that PIPPIN' AIN'T EASY.)
Paul Harvey (1918 - 2009) Radio legend.
Dick York (1928 - 1992) The FIRST Darrin on "Bewitched". Darrin #2 was Dick Sargent. Sadly, both Dicks are in the dirt.
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 3 days to Grandparents Day
• 4 days to International Literacy Day
• 7 days to September 11th
• 15 days to Talk Like a Pirate Day
• 28 days to Int'l Day of Non-Violence
• 869 days left of "Hope and Change"
233 years ago . . . In 1781, LOS ANGELES was founded by Spanish settlers.
57 years ago . . . In 1957, Ford began selling the EDSEL. It was taken off the market two years later.
57 years ago . . . In 1957, Governor Orval Faubus defied a Federal court order and called out the National Guard to keep nine black students from attending Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas. His LAME excuse . . . he was trying to, quote, "preserve the peace".
47 years ago . . . In 1967, CBS cancelled "Gilligan's Island". It ran for 98 episodes over three seasons. Your kids have probably never watched a single episode of this. Or "The Brady Bunch". For some reason, doesn't that seem kind of sad???
42 years ago . . . In 1972, at the Munich Olympics, MARK SPITZ became the first Olympian to ever win SEVEN GOLD MEDALS. His seventh was for the 400-meter medley swimming relay. (Sadly for him, Michael Phelps DRANK HIS MILKSHAKE.)
21 years ago . . . In 1993, one-handed Yankees pitcher JIM ABBOTT pitched A NO-HITTER against the Cleveland Indians. Abbott was born without a right hand.
12 years ago . . . In 2002, KELLY CLARKSON became your first "American Idol". And to this day, she's still one of the few contestants . . . winner or otherwise . . . who actually MADE IT.
11 years ago . . . In 2003, a 22-year-old American stud named Keegan Reilly became the FIRST PARAPLEGIC to ever reach the top of MOUNT FUJI. Reilly is paralyzed from the waist down and used a hand-powered quadricycle to make the ascent.
Eight years ago . . . In 2006, "Crocodile Hunter" STEVE IRWIN died after his chest was pierced by a stingray's barb.
1964 - The Nat King Cole album, "Unforgettable", was certified Gold. It hit Platinum in April of 1992.
1979 - The Donna Summer smash, "Bad Girls", was certified Platinum.
1981 - Elvis Costello's debut album, "My Aim is True", with "Alison" and "Watching the Detectives", was certified Gold. It hit Platinum in September of 1991.
1984 - John Waite's second disc, "No Brakes", with his #1 hit "Missing You", was certified Gold.
1991 - The Scorpions power ballad "Wind of Change" was certified Gold.
1991 - The soundtrack to "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves", with the Bryan Adams love song "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You", was certified Gold and Platinum.
1996 - Toni Braxton's second album, "Secrets", with "Unbreak My Heart", went Double Platinum. It hit Eight-Times Platinum in October of 2000. (Nowadays, Toni tends to get in and out of financial trouble pretty frequently . . . because of her habit of UNPAYING HER TAXES.)
1996 - The soundtrack to "Waiting to Exhale", featuring Whitney Houston on "Exhale (Shoop Shoop)", Toni Braxton on "Let It Flow", Brandy on "Sittin' Up in My Room", and Mary J. Blige on "Not Gon' Cry", went Seven-Times Platinum.
1998 - The Master P jam "Make 'Em Say Uhh!" was certified Platinum.
2001 - The Chicago love ballad, "If You Leave Me Now", was certified Platinum.
2003 - The White Stripes disc, "Elephant", with "Seven Nation Army" and "The Hardest Button to Button", was certified Platinum. It won a Grammy for Best Alternative Album and "Seven Nation Army" took the Best Rock Song Grammy.