What’s Your #Secret To A Happy Marriage? – #Secrets
Say hello to Nick, our brand new Wednesday intern for the fall semester. And that means that Nick will be your new go to guy for all things #secrets. So let's kick it off with a #secrets segment that he might look back on later in life. Today's theme is "What's your #secret to a happy marriage?"
What’s your Secret to a Happy Marriage?
- #secrets understanding that there are good days and bad days good months and bad months and you just have to never give up.
- Don't settle. Finding the right person will ensure you make it through any storm 💕
- never go to bed angry and sleep in your birthday suit nobody ever fights in the birthday suit
- I have my friends I spend time with, he has his friends he does stuff with, and then spending time together. Equal balance otherwise too much time together after 34 years of marriage may not end well.
- #secrets....make sure you still have your own time with friends and doing things you enjoy on your own. Balance time together and time apart wisely, otherwise you start driving each other froggin crazy and will end up like one of those ID shows Connie watches, you could be the next Fatal Vows or Wives With Knives😳😱😂
- #Secrets - my husband and I have never stopped dating. We've been together for 15 years (married for 10) and even after a child we continue to make time for just "us" and date nights. Once our daughter moves out I'll be stuck alone with the guy so I want to make sure I still like him for years to come. 😋
- So I'm not married but my mom always tells me "90% of your life you should share with each other, and the other 10% you should keep in the bathroom" Keep the mystery alive!
- #secrets My secret for a happy marriage is simply to take some time for yourself. Whether it is a weekend away with your girlfriend's or hanging out with your guy friends or going to get a pedicure or just escaping somewhere by yourself and doing something that you love to do. Basically, don't forget to take care of yourself.
- My husband and I have found great happiness in our marriage by setting boundaries and abiding by them and also accepting each other's feelings and allowing each other to express them. We may not always understand each other but accept our differences and often come to a compromising outcome.
- Secrets: remembering nobody is perfect
- Marrying the right person. Everyone is in such a rush to get married and have the parties and the fomo if they aren't married by a certain age. I married my best friend and there's NO secrets and we laugh. #12years
- For secrets write them love letters to them to remind them why you fell in love with them
- My secret to my happy marriage is allowing each other to pursue or passions. Also, we make time to connect emotionally every week. (more than just date nights and yes it usually leads to balloon animals 😂).
- Communication trust and for the love of God laugh and have fun together....oh and never go to bed angry at one another
- You HAVE to sleep with your own sheet and blanket. That's the secret to a happy marriage!
- Secrets, same bed different blankets. You know she's always cold and you're always hot.
- Communication, communication, communication. And being intentional about your relationship! ♥️
- Date your man, Communication and balloon animals
- 15 years married, we both had practice marriages prior. We agreed on first match that we were not going to argue. We have never had a fight in a 15 year marriage
I married my husband when I was 17 and November will be married 33 years. I think the key to our success is that we are still best friends. we argue ofte n to get everything out of the way instead of having huge blow up fights and... still having amazing sex!
- #secrets Today is my 20 year wedding Anniversary. If my husband has learned anything it's, i'm USUALLY right! Oh and communication is key!
- #secrets the key to a happy marriage is to wake up every morning to a blow job ooopppps I mean speaking into the microphone 😉
- We were given a bottle of wine labeled first fight when we first got married, and since then we have yet to find a reason big enough to ever open that bottle. And I hope we never find a reason big enough
- Secret to a great marriage, Fight night!
- My wife and I do something called living apart together. We give each other space, we have our own rooms (mancave and sheshed), our finances are separate and we even have our own beds, but we love and support each other no matter what.
- Best advice to always make sure to compromise in fights and laugh
- Well, let's see... after 20yrs of marriage, 24 yrs together, and 3 kids. We've learned a lot. But my top 2 things are #1 keep each other laughing and #2 genuinely like each other. There is no one in this world that i would rather laugh with, play with and argue with then my hubby. He's definitely one in a million. Im a lucky lucky girl.
- I must add this...i accidentally sent this to my husband instead of you guys. He responded with this. "Awe i agree sweetie 143. Muah and holding hands"
- SEPARATE BLANKETS!!!!!
- #secrets- have a non monetary regular bet- so any disagreement that may escalate to an argument you can just say 'bet the regular?' and drop it- at some point one side or the other will be proven (usually the women is right😜) and she say's 'ha you owe me the regular'... let's say a back rub would b a good 'regular'- ours can't be said on the air😉
- Marriage advice. It is not 50-50 if you only put in 50% you will only get back 50% you have to give it a hundred in everything
- My parents said their secret was trust and understanding... she didn't trust him and he didn't understand her.
- The key to a good marriage....uninterrupted quality time together and a humility
- I'll be married in a week, but what has made our relationship so happy and seeing for the past 4.5 years is our communication with each other. #secrets
- Have a sense of humor! Don't sweat the small stuff. And when you say I forgive you, mean it. No grudge holding, drop it in the sea of forgetfulness. #secrets
- The secret to a happy marriage is knowing that you're going to have tough times and things are going to get hard but leaving isn't in the cards. It's not something to be taken lightly or thrown around jokingly.