Your daily dose of Halloween Whatever!!
Apple CEO Tim Cook Is Out of the Closet
Apple CEO TIM COOK is gay. His sexuality was always a pretty open secret, but he officially came out yesterday in a 10-paragraph essay that he wrote for "Business Week" magazine.
He said, quote, "I'm proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me." He added that while he never "publicly acknowledged it," he also never denied it.
Is Kris Jenner Embarrassed by Bruce's "Transformation"?
source says KRIS JENNER is NOT cool with her estranged husband BRUCE's recent physical "changes" . . . quote, "Kris was very upset that Bruce was photographed on his birthday wearing pink nail polish. It's embarrassing for her. That is the reason why Kris [skipped his birthday celebration]."
Meanwhile, TMZ says Bruce is starting to get harassed at the Thousand Oaks country club where he golfs.
For instance, one guy recently yelled out, quote, "How's your (penis)?" But Bruce just laughed it off. He pointed to his crotch and said, quote, "It's right here. It hasn't worked in 20 years."
Did Kim Kardashian Accidentally Announce She's Pregnant Again?
KIM KARDASHIAN may have accidentally announced that she's pregnant again. During an interview with a British fashion blog, she was asked what kind of clothes she wore when she was pregnant with her daughter North.
She said, quote, "I wore my regular clothes and I would just buy a size up. I don't know if I would necessarily do that this time around . . . Pregnancy style is hard."
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. I'm not sure if the theme of Wednesday night's AIDS benefit in L.A. was "Show Your Boobs", or if the attendees just took it upon themselves. Everyone was doing it . . . Miley Cyrus, Rihanna, Michelle Rodriguez, Kat Dennings . . . even "Walking Dead" minx Lauren Cohan.
2. How's this for a Halloween scare: A gallery of MAN-BOOBS!
3. (NC-17) Here's something that might ruin "Frozen" for you forever: FARRAH ABRAHAM dressed up as Elsa to promote the artificial butt and vagina that's molded from her own private parts.
4. Pregnant LIV TYLER went with a "bun in the oven" costume.
5. JENNIFER GARNER showed off a nice WHALE TAIL at a pumpkin patch.
6. A lot of people are upset that TAYLOR SWIFT has been named a tourism ambassador for New York City . . . since she's only lived there for, like, five minutes.
Which is probably why she made sure to be photographed having a beer at a Knicks game. Clowning around with BEN STILLER was a nice, added touch.
7. KHLOE KARDASHIAN posted a sexy pic on Instagram.
8. MELISSA RIVERS posted a throwback Halloween pic of her mom wearing cat ears.
9. Wanna see what Hodor from "Game of Thrones" looks like in a Christmas sweater?
10. Director JAMES CAMERON really did up his house for Halloween. Although frankly, it looks like he used the same cheesy props as the rest of us.
Come on, dude. You directed "Terminator", "Aliens" and "Avatar". You can do better than just sending your assistant to the Spirit Halloween Store with your gold card.
11. EMMA WATSON is one of those girls who can look SEXY without looking over-sexualized.
12. (NC-17) CHELSEA HANDLER posted a TOPLESS picture of herself on a horse, and compared it to the infamous topless photo of VLADIMIR PUTIN on a horse. Instagram took it down.
Nicole Kidman, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Daniel Radcliffe Are In Theaters This Week
The original "Saw" will be back in theaters to commemorate the 10th anniversary of its release. Here's what else is playing at the local overpriced multiplex this weekend.
Nicole Kidman is an amnesiac who grows increasingly paranoid as she wakes up every morning with no memory of the past 10 years . . . when someone tried to kill her. Colin Firth plays her husband and Mark Strong is a doctor who's secretly treating her.
Jake Gyllenhaal joins a freelance camera crew and spends his nights filming crashes and other crime scenes. But when he's pressured by Rene Russo to bring her more hard-hitting footage, he starts contaminating crime scenes and bypassing the cops to chase down murder suspects on his own.
Daniel Radcliffe plays a guy who wakes up with devil horns growing from his head after everyone in town suspects him of killing his girlfriend. And with those horns comes supernatural powers that let him bend people to his will on his quest for revenge against her real killer. Juno Temple plays his dead girlfriend.
10 Horror Movies Where Almost Everyone Survives
I don't want to ruin any horror movie marathons you may have planned for tonight, but the site io9.com has a list of "20 Horror Movies Where Almost Everyone Survives" . . . and it includes: "The Exorcist", "The Amityville Horror", "Poltergeist", "Child's Play", and "The Conjuring".
1. "The Exorcist". Yes, the two priests die, but Regan and her mother make it through alive.
2. "The Amityville Horror". At the end, there was a title card revealing that the Lutz family survived, and was living in another state.
3. "Poltergeist". The entire Freeling family survives.
4. "Child's Play". Andy, who's Chucky's first owner, and his mother Karen manage to rid themselves of the doll, and are relatively fine.
5. "Jaws". With the notable exception of Quint, all the important characters are alive at the end.
6. "Rosemary's Baby". All the main characters are alive in the end. The only deaths are of Rosemary's friend Hutch, plus Terry . . . a woman "rescued" by the Castavets. And she's a very minor character.
7. "The Birds". Melanie and the Brenners are still alive at the end of the movie.
8. "Tremors". Nearly all the main characters survive, including Val and Earl . . . plus Rhoda, the seismology student.
9. The original 1963 version of "The Haunting". Other than Eleanor Lance, everyone lives.
10. "The Conjuring". Thanks to the efforts of Ed and Lorraine Warren, the family gets off pretty much scot-free.
Charlie Sheen Says He'd Definitely Do the "Two and a Half Men" Finale . . . And It Sounds Like It Could Happen
CHARLIE SHEEN says he has a great idea for an appearance on the series finale of "Two and a Half Men" . . . and he makes it sound like it might happen. He says, quote, "They know I want to do it and I know they're open to it, so, guess we're just a meeting away from making it happen."
Weekend TV Reminders:
• Friday: "The Good Wife" . . . from 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on CBS. David Hyde Pierce begins a guest stint that marks his return to TV for the first time in 10 years.
• Saturday: "The Graham Norton Show" . . . from 11:00 P.M. to Midnight Eastern on BBC America. Benedict Cumberbatch is one of the guests and Maroon 5 performs.
• "Saturday Night Live" . . . from 11:30 P.M. to 1:00 A.M. on NBC. Chris Rock hosts and Prince performs.
• "Sunday Night Football" . . . from 5:30 to 8:30 P.M. Eastern on NBC. The Pittsburgh Steelers host the Baltimore Ravens.
• Sunday: "The Walking Dead" . . . from 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on AMC.
• Sunday: The series premiere of "Kourtney & Khloe Take the Hamptons" . . . from 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on E!
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" - Kevin Spacey, Olivia Munn, and The Lucas Brothers, Kenny & Keith.
• "Late Night with Seth Meyers" - Matt Ryan, Rachel Maddow, and Wyatt Cenac. (Repeat)
• "Letterman" - Brian Regan, and Run the Jewels.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Andy Samberg, Rosie Perez, and the Flaming Lips.
• "Carson Daly" - J.K. Simmons, Best Coast, and Willis Earl Beal. (Repeat)
• "Craig Ferguson" - Ted Danson, and comedian Alingon Mitra.
Five Random Facts About Halloween
1. The final numbers are in, and the costume that got the most searches in the U.S., U.K., and Australia was . . . "Frozen" costumes. Zombie came in second, followed by ninja, pirate, and clown.
2. 53% of parents with kids under 10 say their kids would rather get CASH than candy on Halloween.
3. The word "boo" originated in Scotland in the 1700s, and was defined as, quote, "a word that's used to frighten crying children."
4. Illinois produces the most pumpkins of any state in the U.S., by far. The rest of the top five are California, Ohio, Michigan, and New York.
5. Pumpkin pie is America's second-favorite pie, behind apple pie. The rest of the top five are pecan, banana cream, and cherry.
The Healthiest and Least Healthy Candies You'll Steal From Your Kids
A website ranked the different types of Halloween candy you'll probably steal from your kid's bag. And believe it or not, Twizzlers are the worst for you, followed by Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. SweeTarts, a Hershey's Kiss, and a Tootsie Roll are the LEAST unhealthy.
The Best and Worst Cities in America For Halloween
A new study ranked the 100 biggest cities in America on how good they are for Halloween. It's based on things like how walkable they are, the population under 14, candy stores, Halloween parties with tickets on sale, and the weather forecast. St. Paul and Minneapolis, Minnesota were the top two . . . Winston-Salem, North Carolina came in last.
The 10 Best Cities in America to be a Vampire
A real estate blog just figured out the best U.S. cities to be a VAMPIRE. It's based on things like cloudy days, blood banks, and homes for sale near cemeteries. The top cities are Philadelphia, Chicago, and Baltimore . . . the worst cities are San Diego, Sacramento, and Tampa.
The Average Person Will Spend $1,299 on Christmas This Year
Just in time for Halloween, here's a new survey on CHRISTMAS. The average person will drop $1,299 on the holidays this year, which includes $458 on gifts . . . $310 on going to parties . . . and $194 on hosting parties or meals.
Five Random Facts For Friday
1. Andre the Giant was drafted into the French army in 1965, but couldn't enlist because they didn't have shoes that were big enough, bunks that were long enough, or trenches that were deep enough.
2. The largest Japanese population outside of Japan is in Brazil. There are at least 1.5 million Japanese people in Brazil . . . the first Japanese people moved there in the early 1900s for work and future generations have stayed.
3. Scratching makes you itch worse because it causes your brain to release serotonin, which increases the sensations all over your body . . . including the sensation of the itch.
4. The only English word that ends with the letters "mt" is "dreamt."
5. More chocolate is sold at Brussels National Airport in Belgium than any other place in the world.
The Secret to a Happy Marriage Is . . . Keeping the Thermostat at 72?
According to a new study, the secret to a happy marriage is . . . keeping your thermostat at 72. Researchers found that 55% of couples argue over the temperature in the house . . . but 72 is the best compromise to make sure no one gets too cold or too hot.
The Top 10 Things People Like Doing in Their Free Time
A new survey found the top things people like to do in their free time. The top five are: Watching a movie or TV at home . . . reading . . . going out to eat . . . seeing relatives . . . and going out for drinks.
A Woman Sued Google Because Her Cleavage Ended Up on Street View
A woman in Montreal recently sued Google after she checked her address on Google Street View, and it showed her sitting outside in a low-cut top . . . with her CLEAVAGE on full display. And a judge just awarded her over $2,000 in damages.
A Guy Wakes Up to Find His Friend's Wife Getting-It-On With Him
A guy in Texas woke up on Monday night to find a random woman performing sexual favors on him. Turns out it was his friend's 31-year-old WIFE . . . she'd broken into his house and was going to town on him. But it's still sexual assault, even though it was a woman doing it to a man . . . and she was arrested.
Peter Jackson is 53. Unkempt director of the "Lord of the Rings" movies, and the pretty but pointless "King Kong" remake. He also directed the three "Hobbit" movies.
Willow Smith is 14.
Eddie Kaye Thomas is 34. Finch in the "American Pie" movies. He's now on the new CBS show "Scorpion".
LINN BERGGREN! is 44. Minx in ACE OF BASE!
Piper Perabo is 38. "Covert Affairs" and "Coyote Ugly" minx.
Nolan North is 44. Spencer's dad on "Pretty Little Liars". More importantly, he literally does half the male voices for most cartoons and video games . . . to include Desmond in the "Assassin's Creed" games and Nathan Drake in the "Uncharted" series.
VANILLA ICE! is 47. SUPER-STAR from the "Surreal Life 2"! Drafted the blueprint Kevin Federline is using to build his ladder to the PINNACLE OF HIP-HOP.
Mike O'Malley is 48. Comedian-turned-character actor. He has recurring roles as Jim Kazinsky on "Parenthood" and Kurt's hetero dad on "Glee".
Adam Horovitz is 48. King Ad-Rock of the Beastie Boys.
Annabella Lwin is 48. Bow Wow Wow's singer. "I Want Candy".
Darryl Worley is 50. Country singer.
Rob Schneider is 51. He IS comedy.
Mikkey Dee is 51. Drummer in MOTÖRHEAD since 1992.
Dermot Mulroney is 51. "My Best Friend's Wedding" with Julia Roberts AND "The Wedding Date" with Debra Messing. He was married to "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" minx Catherine Keener, but now they're divorced.
U2 drummer Larry Mullen Jr. is 53.
Xavier Roberts is 59. He made a gazillion dollars inventing CABBAGE PATCH KIDS. Each doll is either hand signed or has his signature stamped on the left buttock.
Jane Pauley is 64. Former "Dateline NBC" anchor-minx.
David Ogden Stiers is 72. Major Charles Emerson Winchester the Third on "M*A*S*H" . . . and John Cusack's dad in the underrated '80s teen comedy "Better Off Dead"!
Dan Rather is 83.
DICK GAUTIER! is 83. HYMIE THE ROBOT on "Get Smart"!
Michael Collins is 84. During Apollo 11, he stayed in the ship while Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walked on the moon. WEAK.
Barbara Bel Geddes (1922 - 2005) Sexy Miss Ellie on "Dallas".
Bernard Edwards (1952 - 1996) Bassist in Chic. "Le Freak".
Dale Evans (1912 - 2001) She was married at 14, a mother at 15 and divorced at 17. She later became Roy Rogers' co-star, then wife. She wrote Roy's theme song "Happy Trails to You" . . . AND "The Bible Tells Me So". She liked to get-it-on.
Michael Landon (1936 - 1991) "Bonanza", "Little House on the Prairie", "Highway to Heaven" AND "I Was a Teenage Werewolf". Keeper of the manliest mane of hair in human history. Real name: Eugene Maurice Orowitz.
(If they were smart, they would have removed Michael Landon's hair when he died, and placed it on a Styrofoam head in the Smithsonian!)
Brian Piccolo (1943 - 1970) Chicago Bears running back who died of cancer in the middle of his career. The movie about his life, "Brian's Song", made grown men cry . . . and starred Billy Dee Williams as Gale Sayers, Brian Piccolo's real-life roommate.
John Candy (1950 - 1994) He was only 43 . . . but very chubby. "Who's Harry Crumb" WILL one day be regarded as the classic that it is.
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• Daylight Saving Ends this Sunday
• 4 days to Election Day
• 20 days to the American Smoke Out
• 27 days to Thanksgiving Day
• 55 days to Christmas
• 812 days left of "Hope and Change"
1,180 years ago . . . In 834 A.D., the Roman Catholic Church moved ALL HALLOWS' EVE to October 31st. The celebration had been established to honor the SAINTS. (Now it mostly honors zombies, sparkly vampires, slutty nurses and "The Crow".)
88 years ago . . . In 1926, HARRY HOUDINI found the one thing he couldn't escape . . . DEATH. He died in a Detroit hospital of gangrene and peritonitis, resulting from a ruptured appendix . . . following a punch to the stomach.
44 years ago . . . In 1970, LORETTA LYNN'S signature song, "Coal Miner's Daughter", first hit the charts.
44 years ago . . . In 1970, MICHELLE PHILLIPS of the MAMAS & PAPAS got very high on the giggle-weed . . . and married DENNIS HOPPER. They divorced eight DAYS later.
38 years ago . . . In 1976, "Carrie" was released . . . starring SISSY SPACEK as a deadly telekinetic teen.
(The remake with Chloe Grace Moretz wasn't the first. There was a 2002 remake starring Angela Bettis . . . not to mention a 1999 sequel to the 1976 movie called "The Rage: Carrie 2" . . . in which Amy Irving returned from the original.)
34 years ago . . . In 1980, BOW WOW WOW singer ANNABELLA LWIN celebrated her 15th birthday by playing a concert at London's Rainbow Theatre. On stage with her was a background singer known as LIEUTENANT LUSH . . . who went on to become our BOY GEORGE.
28 years ago . . . In 1986, for the first time, Universal Studios opened at night . . . so they could present Halloween Horror Night, which included appearances by Dracula, The Mummy, The Creature from the Black Lagoon . . . and RICK DEES! IT'S 7:10!
26 years ago . . . In 1988, DEBBIE GIBSON held a séance to contact LIBERACE and SID VICIOUS.
22 years ago . . . In 1992, 350 years after GALILEO'S death, POPE JOHN PAUL THE SECOND formally proclaimed that the Roman Catholic Church had ERRED in condemning him for claiming that the Earth was NOT the center of the universe.
21 years ago . . . In 1993, 23-year-old RIVER PHOENIX did himself a "speed-ball", collapsed, and died outside the Viper Room, a Hollywood club that was then-owned by JOHNNY DEPP.
21 years ago . . . In 1993, TUPAC SHAKUR was arrested for allegedly shooting two off-duty Atlanta policemen during a late-night argument. The charges were dropped after witnesses testified that Tupac shot the cops in SELF-DEFENSE.
(You better grab your Glock when you see Tupac.)
16 years ago . . . In 1998, a genetic study was released, suggesting THOMAS JEFFERSON did in fact father at least one INTERRACIAL TABOO LOVE CHILD with his beautiful black slave SALLY HEMINGS.