You daily dose of WHATEVER!!
Taylor Swift and Justin Timberlake Were Big Winners at the "AMAs"
: TAYLOR SWIFT won four trophies at last night's "American Music Awards", and JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE took home three. The performers were all pretty well-behaved, even MILEY CYRUS. Although some people online are accusing KATY PERRY of RACISM for dressing like a geisha.
The American Music Awards Winners
Artist of the Year: Taylor Swift
New Artist of the Year: Ariana Grande
Single of the Year: "Cruise", Florida Georgia Line featuring Nelly
Pop / Rock:
Favorite Female Artist: Taylor Swift
Favorite Male Artist: Justin Timberlake
Favorite Band, Duo or Group: One Direction
Favorite Album: "Take Me Home", One Direction
Soul / R & B:
Favorite Female Artist: Rihanna
Favorite Male Artist: Justin Timberlake
Favorite Album: "The 20/20 Experience", Justin Timberlake
Rap / Hip-Hop:
Favorite Artist: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Favorite Album: "The Heist", Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Favorite Female Artist: Taylor Swift . . . This is Taylor's FIFTH year in a row winning this one.
Favorite Male Artist: Luke Bryan . . . He won this last year, too.
Favorite Band, Duo or Group: Lady Antebellum . . . This is their FOURTH straight win in this category.
Favorite Album: "Red", Taylor Swift
Favorite Artist - (Adult/Contemporary): Maroon 5
Favorite Artist - (Alternative Rock): Imagine Dragons
Favorite Artist - (Contemporary Inspirational): Matthew West
Favorite Artist - (Latin Music): Marc Anthony
Favorite Artist - (Electronic Dance Music): Avicii
Top Soundtrack: "Pitch Perfect"
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. All the RUMER WILLIS haters out there might have to admit that she's getting kind of hot. Just check out these lingerie pics.
2. ZACH BRAFF hilariously Photobombed a newlywed couple taking a picture in Times Square.
3. JESSICA ALBA and JAIME KING went to the Atlanta Falcons game Thursday night, and took a selfie in which Jessica is eating a hot dog. If you use a little imagination, it works.
4. Now that she's 18, IRELAND BALDWIN is about to become the Internet's new obsession. Here she is doing yoga.
5. KATE UPTON showed cleavage and wore short-shorts during a beach photo shoot.
6. SELMA BLAIR'S nipples? Yeah, we got 'em.
Clint Eastwood's Daughter Married Jonah Hill's Brother
CLINT EASTWOOD'S 20-year-old daughter FRANCESCA ran off to Las Vegas last week and married JONAH HILL'S brother. His name is Jordan Feldstein, and he's MAROON 5's music manager.
There's no word how long they've been together. Nobody knew they were even together in the first place. (You can see pictures of both of them here.)
Miley Cyrus Was Robbed the Day Before Her 21st Birthday Party
MILEY CYRUS' house was robbed Friday, and some personal items were stolen. She wasn't home at the time. Meanwhile, her eyebrows are back, and she got a sweet, three-wheeled motorcycle from her dad for her 21st birthday on Saturday.
Kim Kardashian Is Getting Blasted for Only Donating 10% of the Proceeds from Her Ebay Auction to the Philippines
KIM KARDASHIAN wrote a message to her fans on eBay, to point out that a portion of her auction proceeds go to the relief effort in the Philippines. But she didn't mention that it's only TEN PERCENT of the proceeds that are going to charity. She's pocketing the other 90%.
The New "Hunger Games" Movie Had the Second Best Opening of the Year and One of the Best Opening Weekends of All Time
You're not going to believe this, but "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" made a ton of money at the box office this weekend. Shocking, right?
Since Friday, it's pulled in an estimated $161 MILLION, which makes it the second best opening weekend of the year, behind "Iron Man 3". That's easily the best November opening ever and, if estimates hold up, the fourth-best opening weekend of all time.
It's ahead of "The Dark Knight Rises" for the #4 spot by less than a million dollars. But since that's only based on the studio's estimates, we won't know anything for sure until the actual totals are reported later today.
(Here's a chart comparing the five biggest opening weekends of all time . . .)
May 4th, 2012
"Iron Man 3"
May 3rd, 2013
"Harry Potter and the
Deathly Hallows Part 2"
July 15th, 2011
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire"
November 22nd, 2013
"The Dark Knight Rises"
July 20th, 2012
The original "Hunger Games" made $153 million when it came out in March of last year.
Here are this week's Top 10 movies:
1. (NEW) "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire", $161 million.
2. "Thor: The Dark World", $14.1 million. Up to $168 million in its 3rd week.
3. "The Best Man Holiday", $12.5 million. Up to $50.4 million in its 2nd week.
4. (NEW) "Delivery Man", $8.2 million.
5. "Free Birds", $5.3 million. Up to $48.6 million in its 4th week.
6. "Last Vegas", $4.4 million. Up to $53.9 million in its 4th week.
7. "Bad Grandpa", $3.5 million. Up to $95.5 million in its 5th week.
8. "Gravity", $3.3 million. Up to $246 million in its 8th week.
9. "12 Years a Slave", $2.8 million. Up to $29.4 million in its 6th week.
10. "Dallas Buyers Club", $2.77 million. Up to $6.5 million in its 4th week of limited release.
Giada De Laurentiis Sliced Her Finger Open During a Live Thanksgiving Special
Chef GIADA DE LAURENTIIS sliced her finger open during a live Thanksgiving special on the Food Network on Saturday. She was cutting a turkey at the time, and after it happened, they cut to a commercial so she could have it looked at.
Giada posted a photo of the injury on Instagram . . . and while it looked pretty gnarly, apparently it wasn't TOO bad, because she returned to the show 15 minutes later after getting a few stitches.
Monday TV Reminders:
• "Monday Night Football" . . . 8:30 to 11:30 P.M. Eastern on ESPN. The Washington Redskins host the San Francisco 49ers.
• "The Voice" . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on NBC. The top eight artists perform.
• "Dancing with the Stars". . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on ABC. Kellie Pickler and TLC will perform. The remaining contestants are Jack Osbourne, Bill Engvall, Corbin Bleu, and "Glee's" Amber Riley. The season finale airs TOMORROW.
• "Hart of Dixie" . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on the CW. "Voice" winner Danielle Bradbery guest stars.
• "Generation Cryo" [Series Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on MTV. A 17-year-old girl searches for the sperm donor responsible for her existence.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "Letterman" - Josh Hutcherson ("Hunger Games: Catching Fire"). Music Guest: Sky Ferreira.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Demi Lovato for her book "Staying Strong: 365 Days a Year" and Emile Hirsch ("Bonnie and Clyde"). Music Guest: AFI.
• "The Tonight Show" - Bette Midler. Music Guest: Michael Bublé.
• "Jimmy Fallon" - Stephen Moyer ("The Sound of Music Live!") and Kelly Ripa. Music Guest: Mazzy Star.
• "Carson Daly" - Former "Voice" contestant Tony Lucca and artist Alexa Meade. Music Guest: Blue Hawaii. (REPEAT)
• "Arsenio" - Mario Lopez ("The X Factor") and paralympic athlete Blake Leeper. Music Guest: Juicy J.
• "Conan" - Katie Aselton ("The League") and Mike Tyson ("Being Mike Tyson"). Music Guest: The Spin Doctors. (REPEAT)
• "Craig Ferguson" - Mark Harmon ("NCIS") and chef Wolfgang Puck.
• "Chelsea Lately" - Music Guest: Florida Georgia Line.
• "Jon Stewart" - Geoffrey Rush ("The Book Thief"). (REPEAT)
• "The Colbert Report" - Author Alexis Ohanian ("Without Their Permission: How the 21st Century Will Be Made, Not Managed"). (REPEAT)
The Ten Weirdest Workplace Rules
Here are some of the most ridiculous REAL workplace rules. At a restaurant: "Don't mop the floor of the walk-in freezer." At a pet store: "Do not lick the reptiles." And at an Ikea: "Toilets presented here are for decoration only."
96% of Companies Will Throw Holiday Parties This Year
The good times are ROLLING again. According to a new survey, 96% of companies are throwing a holiday party this year. That's up from 91% last year and 74% in 2011 . . . which was a 25-year low.
The "It" Toy This Christmas Is . . . Nothing
The "it" toy this Christmas is . . . NOTHING. There's NO big toy this year that's going to become an annoying must-have phenomenon. In fact, the top toys on kids' Christmas lists this year are BARBIE and LEGOS.
The 10 Most Annoying Things People Do on Planes
According to a new survey by CNN, these are the top five most annoying things people do on planes: Kicking or bumping the seat in front of them . . . reclining their seat . . . hogging the bathroom . . . going barefoot . . . and neglecting their personal hygiene before flying.
You're Four Times More Likely to be Stood Up on a Monday Night . . . and the Top Six Reasons People Cancel Dates
: According to a new study by Match.com, you're FOUR TIMES more likely to be stood up on a date on a Monday than a weekend night. The top reasons people cancel dates are being sick, needing to hit the gym after going out too much, work, being tired, and not being able to afford it.
Three Weight Loss Studies: Watching Sports Works . . . Don't Diet, Maintain . . . and Why We Keep Jeans That Are Too Tight
Here are a few new random weight loss studies for you. Believe it or not, just WATCHING sports helps, because your heart rate goes up. Also, instead of dieting, researchers found people were healthier if they just focused on maintaining their current weight. And finally, 42% of women squeeze into jeans that are too tight rather than admitting they need the next size.
1. Believe it or not, just WATCHING sports helps you get in better shape. It's obviously not QUITE as effective as actually playing sports . . . but your heart rate goes up, and your blood flow and heart rate are similar to actually exercising. (Gulf Times)
2. Dieting pretty much never works . . . so here's a smarter alternative. A new study from Duke University found that instead of trying to cut calories and lose weight, it's way better for you to focus on just maintaining whatever you weigh now.
Researchers found that when people just focused on maintaining, they ate healthier long term and were less likely to give up on their plan . . . like almost everyone does on a diet. (NBC 4 - Oklahoma City)
3. According to a new survey, 42% of women squeeze into jeans that are too tight . . . because they don't want to admit they have to move up to the next size.
More than half of women have a pair of jeans they can't fit into now, but they hang onto them hoping they'll fit one day. (Daily Mail)
A Man Claims to Have Jesus's Toenails . . . and Tried Selling Them on eBay For 99 Cents
A few days ago, a guy in Florida put up an eBay auction for . . . JESUS'S petrified TOENAILS. He says he got them from an old psychic in the Czech Republic. He started the bidding at just 99 cents . . . but eBay pulled the auction down and suspended his account before there was a winner.
A Prostitute Is Arrested For Trying to Take Her Daughter to Work
Last week, a 19-year-old woman in Florida tried to take her baby with her to work. The only problem is . . . she's a PROSTITUTE. Fortunately, her boyfriend wouldn't let her. She ended up punching and scratching him, and was arrested for domestic violence. Now he has custody of the baby, and the Florida Department of Children and Families is investigating.
146 years ago . . . in 1867 - ALFRED NOBEL patented DYNAMITE. The invention made him so rich, his will established a $9 MILLION fund for the NOBEL PRIZES. Meanwhile, Jimmie JJ Walker invented dy-NO-mite. He's broke now. Damn the White Devil!!! (???)
93 years ago . . . in 1920 - Texas Radio station WTAW broadcast the FIRST PLAY-BY-PLAY description of a football game . . . between the University of Texas and Texas A&M.
91 years ago . . . in 1922 - A team of archeologists finally opened KING TUT'S TOMB . . . it was infested with cobras. The team had dug for half a year in heat above 120 degrees and had found nothing. Finally, their water boy, who was playing outside the digging area, found the step leading to the entrance.
45 years ago . . . in 1968 - The BEATLES released the "White Album".
33 years ago . . . in 1980 - Boxing saw the infamous "NO MAS" fight. After 8 rounds of abuse at the hands of SUGAR RAY LEONARD, the en fuego ROBERTO DURAN threw up his arms, said, "No mas", and lost the world welterweight title, holmes.
27 years ago . . . in 1986 - BOBBY BROWN ANNOUNCED HE WAS QUITTING NEW EDITION!
26 years ago . . . in 1987 - PHIL HARTMAN entered into the bond of holy matrimony with Brynn Hartman. Their marriage ended a little over 10 years later, when she KILLED HIM then turned the gun on herself. DON'T LET ANDY DICK REINTRODUCE YOUR FORMERLY ADDICTED WIFE TO COCAINE. (???)
15 years ago . . . in 1998 - The great FLIP WILSON died of liver cancer at the age of 64. The devil made him do it.
14 years ago . . . in 1999 - Smooth and tender Cuban superstar ELIAN GONZALEZ was rescued at sea and brought to a hospital in Florida to begin seven months of En Fuego Elian Insanity.
Five years ago . . . in 2008 - MICHAEL VICK pled GUILTY to dog fighting charges in Virginia.
Katie Cassidy - 27 (David Cassidy's sexy daughter. She's Laurel Lance on "Arrow". She also had a recurring role on "Gossip Girl" as Juliet Sharp.)
Joey Chestnut - 30 (Hot dog eating champion who set the world record when he shoved 69 dogs down his throat in 10 minutes earlier this year. He's also eaten 9.8 pounds of pork ribs in 12 minutes, 4.5 pounds of steak in 8 minutes, and 78 matzoh balls in 8 minutes.)
JENNA & BARBARA BUSH - 32 (The very sexy former First Twins.)
Jerry Ferrara - 34 (Was Turtle on "Entourage".)
Joel Kinnaman - 34 (You'd know him as Sarah's partner on AMC's "The Killing". He'll be your new "RoboCop" this February.)
Donovan McNabb - 37 (Longtime Philadelphia Eagles quarterback . . . now he's an analyst for the NFL Network.)
Eddie Steeples - 40 (Crabman on "My Name is Earl".)
Christina Applegate - 42 (Kelly Bundy on "Married With Children", Veronica Corningstone in "Anchorman" . . . and Reagan Brinkley on NBC's "Up All Night")
Jill Hennessy - 45 (Former "Law & Order" minx and star of "Crossing Jordan".)
Erick Sermon - 45 (Dazzling young urbanite. Along with Parrish Smith, they were EPMD . . . which stood for Erick and Parrish Makin' Dollas. Erick Sermon is also known as E-Double, The Green-Eyed Bandit and MC Grand Royal. Oh, and he had a HEART ATTACK earlier this month.)
Billy Burke - 47 (Sword wielding Miles Matheson on "Revolution".) (Not to be confused with BILLIE Burke . . . who played Glinda the Good Witch in "The Wizard of Oz".)
Bernie Kosar - 50 (Cleveland Browns quarterbacking legend. He still holds the NFL record for consecutive passes without an interception, at 308, set back in 1991.)
Amy Grant - 53 (Grammy-winning wife and mother. Vince Gill nails her ANYTIME HE WANTS TO. She also hosted that NBC feel-good reality show "Three Wishes".)
Bruno Tonioli - 58 (Italian dancer who's now a judge on "Dancing with the Stars".)
Hershel Savage - 61 (Pornographic LEGEND who's starred in 1,323 fine films, including . . . "Wang Dang That Sweet Poon Tang", "Ally McFeal", "Thighs Wide Open", "Funky Brewster" "The Sopornos" and "Prelude To Swinging"!)
John Larroquette - 66 ("Night Court" SU-PER-STAR. John Larroquette also put his master thespian skills to use playing the Klingon Maltz in "Star Trek 3".)
Ben Stein - 69 (Host of "Win Ben Stein's Money". He was a speechwriter for Richard Nixon AND Gerald Ford. AND he was the economics teacher in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"! BUELLER? BUELLER?)
Percy Sledge - 72 (Biggest hit: "When a Man Loves a Woman".)
RICARDO MONTALBAN! - Would have been 93 - (1920 - 2009) (Mr. Roarke on "Fantasy Island"! Khan in "Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan"! And the grandfather in the "Spy Kids" movies! Also an aficionado of FINE CORINTHIAN LEATHER.)
Joe DiMaggio - (1914 - 1999) (Baseball legend and ornery miser. He nailed Marilyn Monroe, ya know.)
John F. Kennedy Jr. - (1960 - 1999) (Beautiful shirtless rollerblader. Bad pilot. His daddy nailed Marilyn Monroe, ya know.)
Andrew Carnegie - (1835 - 1919) (Self-made man. Grew up in poverty and started working at age 12 for a dollar a day. At his peak, he was worth over $300 MILLION in 1901 dollars. Then, in the last 18 years of his life, he gave it all away. THAT is tight.)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 3 days until Thanksgiving
• 18 days to "The Hobbit: Part 2"
• 30 days until Christmas
• 69 days until Super Bowl 48
• 81 days to Valentine's Day
• 1,152 days left of "Hope and Change"