Your daily dose of Whatever!!
Mickey Rooney Has Died
Hollywood legend MICKEY ROONEY died yesterday. He was 93 years old. Rooney famously did several movies with JUDY GARLAND, including musicals like 1939's "Babes in Arms". He also played the very politically incorrect Asian neighbor in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" in 1961. And he was the voice of Santa Claus in the claymation holiday classics "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" and "The Year Without a Santa Claus".
Chubby Comedian John Pinnette Has Died
Overweight comedian JOHN PINETTE was found dead in a Pittsburgh hotel on Saturday. He was 50. He died of natural causes, and was reportedly suffering from liver and heart disease. John was perhaps best known for playing the carjacking victim on the series finale of "Seinfeld".
Could Rihanna Be Pregnant? And is the Father Drake or Chris Brown?
An unreliable website claims that RIHANNA is pregnant . . . and the baby could be either DRAKE'S or CHRIS BROWN'S. There's a photo where it looks like Rihanna might have a slight baby bump, and sources say she has given up drinking AND smoking pot and cigarettes.
More Supposed Demi Lovato Nudes Have Hit the Web
More personal photos of DEMI LOVATO have hit the Internet. In some, she's in bed with then-boyfriend WILMER VALDERRAMA. In others, she's naked. Demi Tweeted a picture of herself in boxing gloves, along with a Spanish phrase that means, quote, "I am strong. I am a fighter. Do not underestimate me."
Snooki is Pregnant Again
SNOOKI and her fiancé JIONNI LAVALLE are expecting their second child. Snooki announced it Friday, adding, quote, "Now knowing that our test results are good and our baby is healthy, we can finally talk about it."
Snooki and Jionni already have a 19-month-old son named Lorenzo. They're supposed to get married this fall, and Snooki says, quote, "The wedding is still on as scheduled and it will take the apocalypse to change that."
There's no word on her due date . . . but her best friend JWOWW is due to give birth to a baby girl in July.
Is Michael Fassbender Giving It to Naomi Campbell?
MICHAEL FASSBENDER . . . who played an evil plantation owner in "12 Years a Slave" . . . may be gifting his extra-large genitalia to Nubian supermodel NAOMI CAMPBELL.
The not-always-reliable British tabloids claim they were spotted making out at a London restaurant. Michael is 37. Naomi is 43, and still looks amazing enough to be on the cover of "Shape" magazine.
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. I don't know how we can possibly go wrong with a gallery of hot guys holding babies? It includes Kellan Lutz, Ryan Gosling, Usher, Jason Derulo and Channing Tatum.
2. Here are a couple dozen celebrities who used to model for the Gap.
3. DREW BARRYMORE and CIARA played dueling baby bumps at a Safe Kids Day event in L.A.
4. ALYSSA MILANO took a selfie to show off her baby bump.
5. KIM KARDASHIAN plus barely sufficient bikini equals happy me.
7. ADAM LEVINE shaved some of his hair off.
8. CHELSEA HANDLER was spotted wearing a baseball hat with "Bush Lover" on it. No, she hasn't gone Republican . . . or lesbian. It's a South African company that's all about the outdoors.
9. GISELE BUNDCHEN even looks hot picking a bikini wedgie.
10. ZAC EFRON was spotted at a Laker game this weekend with a young actress named HALSTON SAGE. He did NOT look like a skid row drug addict.
11. ROBERT DOWNEY JR. turned 49 on Friday, and celebrated by throwing a "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" viewing party.
12. So LEBRON JAMES is now wearing the PHARRELL hat.
The Good-Looking Rob Lowe Says There's an "Unbelievable Bias and Prejudice Against Good-Looking People"
ROB LOWE says there's, quote, "an unbelievable bias and prejudice against 'good-looking people' . . . that they can't be in pain or they can't have rough lives or be deep or interesting." He adds that, contrary to what you might think, good-looking people, like himself, can also be funny and nerdy.
James Franco Is "Embarrassed" About His Online Conversation With a 17-Year-Old Girl
On Friday's "Live! With Kelly and Michael", JAMES FRANCO addressed the controversy over his online conversation with a 17-year-old girl. He said, quote, "I'm embarrassed, and I guess I'm just a model of how social media is tricky . . . I used bad judgment and I learned my lesson."
"Blind Side" Star Quinton Aaron Was Kicked Off a Flight For Being Too Big
"Blind Side" star QUINTON AARON was kicked off a U.S. Airways flight in Philadelphia on Friday because they only had one seat for him and he was too big for it. He's going to use this as motivation to lose weight . . . quote, "I live in California. I want to go to the beach in the summertime with a tank top on and have girls chasing me down the beach one day."
Justin Bieber Acted Like a Punk at His Hometown Walmart . . . and a Local Ripped Him for It on Facebook
Someone from JUSTIN BIEBER'S hometown RIPPED into him online, for acting like a punk during a recent visit to his local Walmart. He saw Justin and around 30 friends shining flashlights into young girls' faces . . . bouncing balls . . . throwing things . . . opening food . . . and harassing employees.
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Had a Record-Breaking Weekend
Here are this week's Top 10 movies:
1. (NEW) "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", $96.2 million.
2. "Noah", $17 million. Up to $72.3 million in its 2nd week.
3. "Divergent", $13 million. Up to $114 million in its 3rd week.
4. "God's Not Dead", $7.7 million. Up to $32.5 million in its 3rd week.
5. "The Grand Budapest Hotel", $6.3 million. Up to $33.4 million in its 5th week.
6. "Muppets Most Wanted", $6.3 million. Up to $42.1 million in its 3rd week.
7. "Mr. Peabody & Sherman", $5.3 million. Up to $102 million in its 5th week.
8. "Sabotage", $1.9 million. Up to $8.8 million in its 2nd week.
9. "Need for Speed", $1.8 million. Up to $40.8 million in its 4th week.
10. "Non-Stop", $1.8 million. Up to $88.1 million in its 6th week.
The Director of "The Goonies" Says a Sequel Is in Development
It's been almost 30 years since "The Goonies" came out, and over the years, there's been a lot of talk about a potential sequel being on the way . . . or NOT being on the way.
But over the weekend, Richard Donner . . . the director of the original movie . . . said that there IS a sequel in development.
He added that he hopes "all" the original stars from the original will be back . . . although it's unclear how that will work, since they're all adults now, obviously. There aren't any other details at this point.
"How I Met Your Mother" Is Getting an Alternate Ending . . . on DVD
One of the co-creators of "How I Met Your Mother" says the final season's DVD release will include an alternate ending. He claims it's very different, but he also says they only shot one finale . . . so the "new" ending is only an editing fix, with very little new footage, if any.
"Letterman" Retirement Randoms: Jay Leno's Comment . . . Jimmy Fallon's Top 10 List . . . and Is Stephen Colbert the Frontrunner to Replace Him?
1. When JAY LENO was asked about DAVID LETTERMAN'S impending retirement, he joked, quote, "Oh, well you know, he and I [are] gonna do 'The Sunshine Boys' on Broadway so we're very excited about that."
2. On Friday's "Tonight Show", JIMMY FALLON did a Top 10 list on "Why Letterman's retiring." The #1 entry was, quote, "Jimmy Fallon is stealing his bits." The #2 was, quote, "Jay Leno needs a partner for next season's 'Amazing Race'." (Here's video.)
3. In honor of Letterman, some website has thrown together a list of his 10 best "Top 10 Lists" from over the years.
4. We're probably a LONG WAY from CBS naming Letterman's successor, but according to the Internet, STEPHEN COLBERT is the frontrunner to replace him.
If Colbert DOES end up being the pick . . . there's a very good chance he'll dump the super conservative character he plays on "The Colbert Report".
5. "The Simpsons" paid tribute to Letterman with a new "couch gag" featuring "The Late Show". (Here's video.)
6. Letterman will be 67 years old on Saturday . . . but Buzzfeed.com has a collection of photos from when he was a lot younger.
7. Here are some clips from Friday's "Late Show" . . . where Letterman joked, quote, "A year from now, I'll be on a beach with a metal detector." He also joked that he's retiring because his makeup lady told him, quote, "There's really nothing more I can do." (Here's video.)
Monday TV Reminders:
• "NCAA Championship" . . . from 9:00 to 11:30 P.M. Eastern on CBS. After two surprising upsets in the playoffs, it's Connecticut vs. Kentucky for the title.
Over the weekend, Connecticut upset the top-seeded team Florida with a score of 63-53 . . . and Kentucky beat the No. 2 seed Wisconsin by just one point, 74-73.
RELATED COMEDY: UConn will play Kentucky in tonight's NCAA final. My money is on the school that has nothing going for it other than college basketball. Sorry. That didn't help, did it?
• "Dancing with the Stars" . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on ABC. Julianne Hough returns as a guest judge. And everyone switches to a new dance partner after the pairings from last week's special online vote are revealed.
• "The Voice" . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on NBC. The battle rounds end, along with Chris Martin's guest stint as an adviser. The live playoffs start tomorrow.
• "In Performance at the White House: Women of Soul" . . . from 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on PBS. Aretha Franklin, Patti LaBelle, Janelle Monáe, Jill Scott, Melissa Etheridge, Ariana Grande, and "Voice" winner Tessanne Chin perform.
• The first season finale of "Bitten", the series finale of "Being Human", and the fourth season finale of "Lost Girl" are tonight from 8:00 to 11:00 P.M. on Syfy.
• "Inside Comedy" . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on Showtime. Bob Saget and Kevin Pollack are this week's guests.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" - Colin Firth, Chloe Grace Moretz, Nas, and John Oates.
• "Late Night with Seth Meyers" - Jeremy Piven, Mike Greenberg, Mike Golic, and New Politics.
• "Letterman" - Jason Bateman, Miles Teller, and Gary Allan. (Repeat)
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Johnny Depp, Clayton Kershaw, and Chuck E. Weiss.
• "Carson Daly" - Rhys Darby. Plus: Band of Skulls and Monrok.
• "Arsenio" - El DeBarge and DJ Shortee.
• "Conan" - Christina Hendricks and Howie Mandel.
• "Craig Ferguson" - Cat Deeley and Gina Carano.
• "Chelsea Lately" - Mindy Kaling.
• "Jon Stewart" - Matt Taibbi.
• "The Colbert Report" - Edward Frenkel.
Five Random Facts For Monday
1. 20% of people who work from home work in their pajamas . . . and 2% work naked.
2. Seven of the past 10 schools that won the NCAA basketball championship have been from the smaller city.
UConn is in Storrs, Connecticut, which has a population of 14,031. The University of Kentucky is in Lexington, which has a population of 305,489. Which means UConn should win tonight.
3. You can send a coconut, a potato, a sombrero, a brick, an inflated beach ball, a Frisbee, or a pillow through the U.S. postal service WITHOUT a box . . . you just have to put enough postage on it and an address label.
4. If you buy ketchup that's labeled "fancy," that legally means it's THICKER than other ketchup.
5. On the surface, it looks like the MTV show "16 and Pregnant" glorifies teen pregnancy, because it makes pregnant teenagers famous . . . but it's actually been linked to a 5.7% DROP in teen pregnancies. (Daily Mail / PR Newswire / Buzzfeed / Wikipedia / NBER)
The Ten Most Painful Places to Get Stung by a Bee, According to Science
10. Your stomach. On a pain scale of 1 to 10, he gave it a 6.7.
9. The tip of your finger. Also a 6.7 out of 10.
8. Your nipple. Also a 6.7.
7. Your armpit. Again, 6.7 out of 10.
6. Your cheek. 7 out of 10
5. Your palm. 7 out of 10.
4. Your SCROTUM. 7 out of 10.
3. Your PENIS. 7.3 out of 10.
2. The upper lip. 8.7 out of 10.
1. Your nostril. 9 out of 10. (Daily Mail)
What's the Most Embarrassing Thing Your Kid Ever Said in Public?
1. "We grew up in a predominately white neighborhood. The first time my brother saw a black guy in person, he yelled, 'Mom! That guy looks like MICHAEL JORDAN!'"
2. "When I was little, my family went to a restaurant and the hostess asked if we wanted the smoking or non-smoking section. My mom said 'non-smoking' because she didn't smoke. I said, 'But you smoke pot, mommy!' Which was true."
3. "My family was at Subway and a very large man came in with his belly hanging out of his shirt. My little sister said, 'I see someone's belly!' then ran over to tickle it."
4. "My three-year-old snuck up behind me and hit my elbow with a plastic baseball bat. I was so surprised and in pain I yelled the F-word. A few days later, my wife took him to Toys 'R' Us, he hit her with a foam sword, and yelled the F-word."
5. "My four-year-old son was fascinated by a little person in line ahead of us at the grocery store, and asked me loudly if we could try to catch one." (Reddit)
A Guy Who Lives With His Mom Says He Has Sex With 200 Women a Year . . . Just by Using Twitter
There's a 25-year-old guy in London who lives with his mom, and claims he has sex with 200 women a YEAR . . . just by hitting them up on Twitter. He says the key is to be bold and direct, admit you just want sex and not a relationship . . . and not be too picky.
Doctors in China Removed a Three-and-a-Half-Foot Jump Rope From a Man's Urethra
A urologist in China just performed surgery to remove a three-and-a-half-foot plastic JUMP ROPE from a man's urethra. The guy had put it up there for SEXUAL PLEASURE . . . but it got knotted and tangled and he couldn't get it out. But the surgery was successful and now he's recovering.
A 79-Year-Old Teacher Chose to Quit Rather Than Defriend Her Students on Facebook
A 79-year-old substitute teacher in New Hampshire just got a choice from her school: Defriend all the students you're Facebook friends with, or get fired. But since she uses Facebook as a place where students can send her messages if they're having problems, she chose to be fired.
A Couple's Wedding Venue Burned Down Seconds After They Said "I Do"
This is NOT a great sign for the future of this marriage. A couple got married in Massachusetts on Saturday night . . . and literally the moment after they said "I Do," the place BURNED DOWN. Everyone got out safely, but the building was completely destroyed.
A Triathlete Is Injured During a Race When a Drone Falls on Her Head
During a triathlon in Western Australia yesterday, a woman was running when a DRONE fell out of the sky . . . and hit her on the head. A video company was using the drones to film the race and think this one might've been hacked. The woman ended up being hospitalized with head injuries.
A Couple About to Appear on "Maury" Got Into a Brawl When the Woman Found Out Her Boyfriend Was Sleeping With Her Mother
: A 46-year-old man and his 25-year-old girlfriend from Chicago were in Connecticut last week to film an episode of "Maury". But the night before their taping, they bumped into each other at the hotel . . . and the girlfriend found out they were there because the guy had been sleeping with her MOTHER. So they got into a brawl and were both arrested.
Tiki and Ronde Barber are 39. Sexy Nubian twin brothers who are both now retired from the NFL.
Bill Bellamy is 49. Former MTV clown-ass.
Russell Crowe is 50. He's Superman's biological father in "Man of Steel", and that guy who built the big boat in "Noah".
Buster Douglas is 54. He knocked out Mike Tyson to become Undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the world in 1990. He lost the title 10 months later to Evander Holyfield.
Christopher Darden is 58. Nubian prosecutor who failed to convict O.J. Simpson. He might have interracially sliced himself off a piece of that firecracker Marcia Clark, though, so, you know, TOTALLY WORTH IT.
Tony Dorsett is 60. NFL Hall-of-Famer.
Jackie Chan is 60. Clazy man in "Rush Hour", "Shanghai Noon", "Rumble in the Bronx" and the "Mr. Miyagi" in the "Karate Kid" remake . . . although they changed the character's name to "Mr. Han". But more importantly, he was in a PORNO flick when he was "young and needed the money"! (Check out a pic here.)
JOHN OATES! is 66. THE SEXIER HALF OF HALL & OATES!) (Their biggest hits include "Kiss On My List", "Rich Girl", "Sara Smile", "Private Eyes", "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)", "You Make My Dreams" AND "MANEATER".
Francis Ford Coppola is 75. "The Godfather", "Apocalypse Now", "The Outsiders" and, most importantly, "Captain EO".
Jerry Brown is 76. Governor of California. Back in the day, he used to combine naughties with Linda Ronstadt. Hey, it was the '70s . . . everybody was on blow!
Wayne Rogers is 81. Trapper John on the "M*A*S*H" TV series. (Also co-wrote the screenplay for the 1968 classic, "The Astro-Zombies"! Check out the trailer for Wayne Rogers' MASTERWORK.)
James Garner is 86. "The Rockford Files". More recently he played Katey Sagal's dad on "Eight Simple Rules". Of course, he's best known to the youngsters of today as the old dude in "The Notebook".
Ravi Shankar (1920 - 2012) The unofficial godfather of Indian music . . . and the actual father of Norah Jones.
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 8 days until your Taxes are Due
• 13 days to Easter Sunday
• 16 days to Secretary's Day
• 34 days to Mother's Day
• 69 days to Father's Day
• 1,019 days left of "Hope and Change"
150 years ago . . . In 1864, the FIRST CAMEL RACE IN AMERICA was held in Sacramento, California, beginning a proud camel-racing tradition that continues to this day.
87 years ago . . . In 1927, the FIRST SUCCESSFUL LONG-DISTANCE DEMONSTRATION OF TV took place when an audience in New York saw an exciting image of Commerce Secretary Herbert Hoover transmitted from Washington.
74 years ago . . . In 1940, BOOKER T. WASHINGTON became the first African-American pictured on a U.S. postage stamp.
45 years ago . . . In 1969, the Supreme Court approved the private possession of obscene materials.
44 years ago . . . In 1970, after having starred in over 200 films, JOHN WAYNE received his first Oscar for BEST ACTOR, for his role in "True Grit". Jeff Bridges couldn't bring home the Oscar for the same role in the remake, he lost to Colin Firth for "The King's Speech".
20 years ago . . . In 1994, superstar SHANNEN "LEFT EYE" DOHERTY filed for divorce from superstar ASHLEY HAMILTON after only five months of marriage.
16 years ago . . . In 1998, MARY BONO, the widow of skier SONNY BONO, won a special election to serve out the remainder of her husband's congressional term.
16 years ago . . . In 1998, GEORGE MICHAEL was arrested in a public Beverly Hills restroom for indulging in whacky-whacky! A few days later, he came out of the closet of gayness on CNN.
13 years ago . . . In 2001, DAVID GRAF, who WAS Tackleberry in the "Police Academy" movies, died of a heart attack at age 50.
Nine years ago . . . In 2005, Utah polygamist pedophile cult-leader WARREN JEFFS (who is currently behind bars for child sexual assault) was surprised when the world did NOT come to an end on April 7, 2005, as he had predicted.
Five years ago . . . In 2009, "Harry Potter" actor JAMIE WAYLETT . . . who played chubby Hogwarts student Vincent Crabb . . . was arrested for marijuana possession. Police found EIGHT bags of marijuana in a car that he was in, then raided his house and found 10 cannabis plants. (He eventually pled guilty and got off with just 120 hours of community service.)