Your daily dose of Whatever!!
George Clooney is Officially Locked Down
GEORGE CLOONEY and AMAL ALAMUDDIN made it legal yesterday with a civil ceremony at the municipal building in Venice, Italy. Meanwhile, a source says the reason BRAD PITT and ANGELINA JOLIE didn't attend was because they couldn't take a break from shooting their new movie "By the Sea".
George Clooney's $4 Million-Plus Wedding By the Numbers
According to E! Online, GEORGE CLOONEY and AMAL ALAMUDDIN spent more than $4 MILLION to treat their wedding guests to a blowout weekend. Here's how some of that breaks down . . .
The bulk of the money . . . almost $3 million . . . was spent on luxury hotel rooms for George, Amal and their guests. Some of those rooms cost up to $9,000 a night.
Renting out the Aman Hotel for the reception cost about $250,000 . . . plus an additional $300,000 to rent stuff like lighting and tables.
Dinner at the reception was $300 a head, and with 100 guests, that's $30,000.
Flowers were estimated to cost no less than $250,000.
George's tux set him back $5,000 . . . and Amal's custom Alexander McQueen dress was $380,000.
All the boat rides around the canals of Venice over the weekend cost around $36,500.
The reception was stocked with 250 bottles of champagne at $200 a bottle, for a total of $50,000. There were 200 bottles of Grey Goose at a total of $8,000.
The hundreds of bottles of Casamigos tequila were essentially free, since George is one of the owners of the company.
George's bachelor party on Friday cost around $1,750 NOT including alcohol. Amal's bachelorette party set them back around $2,000.
On Sunday, George and Amal treated their guests to lunch and dinner, for a grand total of $15,000 . . . again, not including booze.
Is Bruce Jenner Wearing Sports Bras Now?
At first, those rumors about BRUCE JENNER wanting to become a woman seemed silly. But little by little, the evidence is building. Here's the latest:
In a new set of paparazzi photos, it looks like Bruce is wearing a SPORTS BRA under his shirt. And he does look a little BUSTY. (What do you think? At first I thought maybe it was a wife beater, but I've never seen a T-shirt anywhere near that low-cut.)
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
2. Here's MILEY CYRUS doing a hand bra in the shower.
3. You'll have to excuse me for approximately 47 seconds. JESSICA BIEL is in a bikini.
4. So LENA DUNHAM has BILL MURRAY jammies? You can buy that outfit here. The T-shirt is $55, and the leggings are $70. Funny story: At this same site, you can buy a shirt covered in drawings of Lena NAKED.
5. RUMER WILLIS got the word "Sauce" tattooed on her hand. Apparently it's a term of endearment she and her sisters share.
Amanda Bynes Got a DUI Over the Weekend
AMANDA BYNES got a DUI in L.A. over the weekend. Police would only say she was under the influence of a CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE. TMZ claims it was some kind of stimulant. They also say Amanda is back to smoking a ton of pot.
Brad Pitt Thinks Shia LaBeouf is One of the Best Actors He's Ever Seen
After shooting the World War 2 movie "Fury" with SHIA LABEOUF, BRAD PITT is a fan. He says, quote, "Oh, I love this boy . . . He's full-on commitment, man . . . I've been fortunate to work with a lot of great actors. He's one of the best I've seen."
"I've been fortunate to work with a lot of great actors. He's one of the best I've seen."
Brad says both he and Shia wanted to legitimately beat up their co-star SCOTT EASTWOOD, because he was chewing tobacco and spitting on the tank they were shooting in.
Tuesday TV Reminders:
• The series premiere of "Selfie" . . . 8:00 to 8:30 P.M. on ABC. Karen Gillan plays a popular social media star who realizes she doesn't have any REAL friends, so she hires marketing expert John Cho to teach her how to really connect with people.
• The series premiere of "Manhattan Love Story" . . . 8:30 to 9:00 P.M. on ABC. A sitcom where we'll hear the internal dialogue of a new couple just starting out in their relationship. They're played by Analeigh Tipton and Jake McDorman.
• "iHeartRadio Music Festival" [Part 2 of 2] . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on the CW. Tonight's concert highlights include performances by One Direction, Iggy Azalea, Paramore, Lorde, Train, Weezer, 50 Cent, Eric Church, and Ed Sheeran.
• "The Voice" blind auditions . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on NBC.
• The series premiere of "Happyland" . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on MTV. A teen drama about employees at a popular amusement park. Bianca Santos plays the daughter of a theme park princess, and Shane Harper is the park owner's son.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" - Tyler Perry, Miles Teller, and Lucinda Williams.
• "Late Night with Seth Meyers" - Nathan Lane, Weird Al Yankovic, and Garry Marshall.
• "Letterman" - Rosie O'Donnell, Maggie Q, and Bleachers.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Martin Short, Dave Salmoni, and Steve Aoki featuring Waka Flocka Flame and Travis Barker.
• "Carson Daly" - Dennis Lehane, Cerebral Ballzy, and Annie Lederman.
• "Conan" - Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Bill Burr, and Chrissie Hynde.
• "Craig Ferguson" - Don Rickles, Eiza Gonzalez, and Daniel Sloss.
• "Jon Stewart" - Ben Affleck.
• "The Colbert Report" - Jeffrey Tambor.
Mark Wahlberg's "Transformers" is Out on DVD and the Final Season of "How I Met Your Mother" is Out on Netflix
Here's what's new on DVD today:
• "Transformers: Age of Extinction" . . . Mark Wahlberg discovers a damaged truck is actually an injured Optimus Prime. He and his family are then attacked by a strike team sent by Kelsey Grammer, who wants to destroy all the surviving Transformers.
• "Are You Here" . . . Zach Galifianakis plays a bipolar guy who inherits a fortune from his father, then has his mental competency challenged by his jealous sister. Amy Poehler is his sister and Owen Wilson plays Zach's best friend.
• "Chef" . . . Jon Favreau plays a chef who quits his job at a high class restaurant to work out of a food truck with his ex-wife. Sofia Vergara plays his ex and John Leguizamo is a friend who partners with them.
• "24: Live Another Day" . . . the sixth season of "The Mentalist" . . . the seventh season of "NYPD Blue".
Here's what's new in the past week to Netflix Instant Streaming:
• "Bad Grandpa" stars Johnny Knoxville as his 86-year-old character Irving Zisman.
• "The Double" stars Jesse Eisenberg as a guy who meets a better version of himself, and gets insanely jealous when the other guy gets Mia Wasikowska, the girl he loves.
• "Lullaby" stars Garrett Hedlund as a guy whose father is about to take himself off life support. Amy Adams, Terrence Howard, and Jennifer Hudson are also in it.
• The fourth season of "The Walking Dead" . . . the ninth and final season of "How I Met Your Mother" . . . and the sixth season of "Parks & Recreation".
New CDs from Prince, Colbie Caillat, Blake Shelton, and Seth MacFarlane
• "Gypsy Heart", Colbie Caillat
• "Queen of the Clouds", the debut album of Swedish singer Tove Lo
• "Hesitant Alien", Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance. This is his first solo disc.
• "No Sound Without Silence", The Script
• "50 St. Catherine Drive", the final album of Robin Gibb . . . who died in May of 2012.
It was compiled by his wife Dwina and his son RJ, and includes most of the tracks originally intended for the album, plus the last tracks Robin wrote and recorded. The final track, a demo called "Sydney" is the very last song he did.
• "The Return", Nonpoint
• "Second Nature", Flying Colors . . . the band featuring former Dream Theater drummer Mike Portnoy.
• "Trigger Hippy", Trigger Hippy. . . a band featuring two guys from the Black Crowes, plus singer Joan Osborne of "What if God Was One of Us?" fame.
• "Holiday for Swing", a serious holiday album by "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane. His guests include Norah Jones and Sara Bareilles.
• "747", Lady Antebellum
• "Bringing Back the Sunshine", Blake Shelton
• "This is M.E.", Melissa Etheridge
• "Down Where the Spirit Meets the Bone", Lucinda Williams
Five Random Facts For Tuesday
1. The Starbucks at CIA headquarters doesn't write people's names on the coffee cups, to protect their identities. (Wouldn't they just misspell the names anyway?)
2. Kansas just fired football coach Charlie Weis. He was also fired from Notre Dame a few years ago. So his combined severance in 2015 will be $4.6 million, making him one of the highest paid coaches . . . even though he's not coaching.
3. Instant coffee was invented by a guy named . . . George Washington. He came to America from Belgium in the late 1800s and started manufacturing instant coffee in 1910.
4. It's a federal crime for someone who's not a postal worker to wear a U.S. Postal Service uniform . . . unless you're acting in a play, TV show, or movie. A Halloween costume ISN'T a good enough excuse. You can get a fine or six months in prison.
5. Zebras injure zookeepers more than any other animal. One big reason is they've never been domesticated . . . they're just too aggressive.
Which Would You Rather Give Up For a Week: Alcohol or Coffee?
A new survey asked people what they'd rather give up for a week: Alcohol or coffee? And 69% of people said they'd rather give up . . . BOOZE.
One in Three People Who've Succeeded on a Diet Did It By Eating Dessert Every Day?
According to a new survey of people who've succeeded on a diet, three out of four ate dessert or something else unhealthy at least once a week while they were losing weight . . . and one in three did it every DAY.
The "Forbes" List of the 400 Richest People in America
"Forbes" just released its annual list of the 400 richest people in America. Bill Gates was number one for the 21st year in a row, with a net worth of $81 billion. And you needed a net worth of $1.55 billion to make the list, so 113 billionaires in the U.S. didn't make the cut.
The Strangest Ways People Memorialize Pets Include Turning Their Fur Into Clothes, and Having Jewelry Made From Their Teeth
A pet memorial company just shared some of the strangest things people do to memorialize their pets. Like having their fur made into a sweater . . . getting a tooth mounted into jewelry . . . and having their ashes mixed with ink to get a tattoo.
If You Could Go Back in Time, What Decade Would You Want to Live In?
If you could go back in time and live in any decade, which one would you pick? The most popular choice was . . . the '60s. One out of three people picked it. The '70s finished second with just 17% of the vote. And the '80s finished third with 14%.
People Who Believe in Guardian Angels Actually Take Fewer Risks
According to a new study, people who believe in guardian angels actually take FEWER risks. Researchers think it's because they're ALREADY more afraid of risky situations, so they use the "guardian angel" thing as a coping mechanism to keep from stressing out.
MONICA BELLUCCI is 50. Italian minx who plays Persephone in the "Matrix" sequels and posed nude while pregnant for "Vanity Fair".
T-Pain is 29. The founding father of autotune.
Lacey Chabert is 32. She played Gretchen . . . the girl who tried to make "fetch" happen . . . in "Mean Girls". Before that she was the cute spinner who played Claudia on "Party Of Five". She was also in the "Black Christmas" remake and Matthew McConaughey's "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past".
Kieran Culkin is 32. Cute spinner best known as Macaulay's younger brother. He was Igby in "Igby Goes Down" and Buster in "The Cider House Rules".
Mattress actress Tory Lane is 32. She tugged at our heart strings in 587 fine films, including . . . "Great Sexpectations", "The Good the Bad and the Slutty", "The DaVinci Load", and this one for video game addicts . . . "First Person Shooter".
DOMINIQUE MOCEANU! is 33. Cute spinner who won team Gold in gymnastics at the '96 Summer Olympics in Atlanta. In 1997, she shot up 7 inches . . . to a towering 5-foot-3.
Marion Cotillard is 39. Won a best actress Oscar for her role in "La Vie en Rose". She also played Mal in "Inception", Dr. Leonora Orantes in "Contagion", and Miranda Tate in the "The Dark Knight Rises".
Jenna Elfman is 43. "Dharma & Greg" minx.
Tony Hale is 44. Gary on "Veep" and Buster on "Arrested Development".
Robby Takac is 50. Goo Goo Dolls bassist.
Trey Anastasio is 50. Coke-loving leader of Phish.
Eddie Montgomery is 51. Half of country's Montgomery Gentry.
Crystal Bernard is 53. Cute spinner who WAS Helen Chappel on "Wings".
Eric Stoltz is 53. Rocky Dennis, the boy with the massive facial deformity in "Mask" . . . co-starring Cher AND Estelle Getty. And the guy who invented the Cylons in the "Battlestar Galactica" spin-off "Caprica".
Marty Stuart is 56. Country star and Johnny Cash's son-in-law.
Fran Drescher is 57. Unobnoxious-voiced star of "Living With Fran" and "The Nanny". Her latest show TV Land's "Happily Divorced" was cancelled after two seasons. Her character is named Fran in all three shows.
Barry Williams is 60. Greg on "The Brady Bunch". Mock him if you must, but he got to nail Marsha in real life and you didn't. I believe that makes him the winner.
MARILYN MCCOO! is 71. "Solid Gold" host who was one of the two fine Nubian chicks in The Fifth Dimension . . . of "Aquarius" and "Let the Sun Shine In" fame.
Johnny Matthis is 79. Your grandparents LOVED him in the 1950s and he was immortalized forever in the "Family Ties" theme song "Without Us", with Deniece Williams. They also had a #1 hit in the '70s called "Too Much, Too Little, Too Late".
ANGIE DICKINSON! is 83. Survey says? I'D "HIT" IT . . . just like William Shatner did in "Big Bad Mama"!
Jack Wild (1952 - 2006) Jimmy, the twink with the magic golden flute on "H.R. Pufnstuf".
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 2 days to Int'l Day of Non-Violence
• 5 days to World Teachers Day
• 16 days to World Food Day
• 31 days to Halloween
• 33 days to Daylight Saving Ends
• 843 days left of "Hope and Change"
384 years ago . . . In 1630, John Billington became the FIRST AMERICAN CRIMINAL EXECUTED. He was hanged in Plymouth, Massachusetts, for fatally shooting another man.
59 years ago . . . In 1955, JAMES DEAN was killed in a two-car collision near Cholame, California.
54 years ago . . . In 1960, "The Flintstones" premiered on ABC.
52 years ago . . . In 1962, JAMES MEREDITH became the FIRST AFRICAN-AMERICAN STUDENT to enroll at the University of Mississippi.
51 years ago . . . In 1963, Houston rookie JOHN PACIOREK hit three singles in his first Major League Baseball game. He injured his back and never played again . . . becoming the first player to end his career batting "a thousand" (1.000).
42 years ago . . . In 1972, ROBERTO CLEMENTE got his 3,000th and last hit for the Pittsburgh Pirates. (He was killed in a plane crash three months later, on New Year's Eve.)
34 years ago . . . In 1980, Iran's spiritual leader, THE AYATOLLAH KHOMEINI, rejected a truce from Iraqi President SADDAM HUSSEIN, saying war between the two countries would continue "to the end". The two sides signed a cease-fire agreement EIGHT YEARS later.
31 years ago . . . In 1983, "All The Right Moves" was released . . . starring TOM CRUISE as a hairless high school football stud clashing with his coach . . . CRAIG T. NELSON! (Tom Cruise recently admitted he suffered a CONCUSSION making this movie.)
14 years ago . . . In 2000, tennis stud PETE SAMPRAS married BRIDGETTE WILSON, of "I Know What You Did Last Summer" and "The Wedding Planner" fame. It's their 14th anniversary.
11 years ago . . . In 2003, rapper C-MURDER was convicted for the MURDER of a 16-year-old kid who snuck into a nightclub and then schooled him in a freestyle rap contest. (That conviction was later overturned. But he was retried and re-convicted . . . and now he's serving LIFE.)