Multiple Schools Across West MI Will Have ½ Days on Monday Because of the Heat
Schools on Monday will either be closed or only have ½-day sessions because it's so hot. outside It wouldn't be as big of a surprise for schools to be closed because of cold or snow in September but heat?! This has to be first.
As we've been struggling through over 90-degree weather the past week, WWMT reports that multiple schools across West Michigan announced that they will be sending students home early on Monday. Most of the after-school activities are also cancelled.
The following schools in West Michigan will have morning classes only.
- Caledonia Public Schools
- Comstock Park Public Schools
- Godfrey-Lee Public Schools
- Grand River Preparatory High School
- Grandville Public Schools
- Greenville Public Schools
- Ionia Public Schools
- Kenowa Hills Public Schools
- Kentwood Public Schools
- Legacy Christian Schools
- Lowell Area Schools
- Northview Public Schools
- Northpointe Christian School (only elementary)
- Rockford Public Schools
- Wyoming Public Schools
Hope Academy of West Michigan will be closed for the full day.