Something New To Worry About: Exploding Laptops
This woman's 6-year-old laptop exploded in her lap!
The 72-year-old woman was working on her 6-year-old Dell laptop when she began to smell something burning, and heard a strange noise.
The noise? That was the sound of the battery in her computer exploding. The smell? That was her shirt and carpet burning.
The woman was able to get the fire out with the help of the fire department, who also found metal shards from the laptop all over her floor.
She was treated for chemical burns to her arm, chest foot and face; she's since been released from the hospital.
I've heard of this happening a few times. On of my friends told me his laptop caught on fire while he was working on it. Have you ever experienced anything like this?