Your daily dose of WHATEVER!
Here's a quick rundown of the latest AMANDA BYNES news: Doctors have extended her hospital stay for TWO WEEKS . . . she's been taking Adderall for years in order to stay thin . . . her parents have filed for a conservatorship . . . and she's been hanging out with SAM LUTFI, the guy who was leeching off BRITNEY SPEARS during HER meltdown several years ago.
The Cast and Crew of "Glee" Paid Tribute to Cory Monteith Yesterday
The cast and crew of "Glee" gathered yesterday for a memorial to CORY MONTEITH on the Paramount studio lot, where the show is filmed. 150 people attended, including "Glee" stars Lea Michele, Kevin McHale, Darren Criss and Chord Overstreet . . . and creator Ryan Murphy.
How Many Georges Will Be Born in England This Year?
The birth of a royal baby increases the popularity of his or her name by about one-third in England. Which means that in the coming year we can expect there to be 1,400 more Georges . . . for a total of 5,740.
Miley Cyrus Might Grow Her Hair Back . . . Because She Thinks Everyone Is Copying Her Short Haircut
MILEY CYRUS may have to grow her hair long again just to be different, because she claims everyone's been COPYING her since she cut it. She says, quote, "I just always want to be different. Everyone else has cut their hair to look just like me, so now I got to do something different. I don't like when you walk in and you see a bunch of other yous."
"The Wolverine" and "The To Do List" Hit Theaters This Weekend
A New James Gandolfini Movie is Coming Out in September
A new JAMES GANDOLFINI movie is coming out on September 20th. It's called "Enough Said", and it also stars JULIA LOUIS-DREYFUS and CATHERINE KEENER. Gandolfini also shot a crime drama called "Animal Rescue" that doesn't have a release date yet. And he filmed a pilot for a limited HBO series called "Criminal Justice". HBO is still trying to figure out what to do with it.
Friday TV Reminders:
• "Primetime: Would You Fall For That?" [Series Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on ABC. Nick Watt hosts with comedians Scott Rogowsky and Sasheer Zamata as they prank unsuspecting people in order to examine human behavior.
• "Warlocks Rising" [1st Season Finale] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Discovery Channel.
• "Marriage Boot Camp: Bridezillas" [1st Season Finale] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on WE . . . followed by a reunion show from 10:00 to 11:00 P.M.
• "The Rickey Smiley Show" [2nd Season Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on TV One.
• "Comedy Bang! Bang!" . . . 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on IFC. Anna Kendrick guests.
• "Fashion Police" . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on E! Callie Thorne ("Necessary Roughness") and the cast of E's "Total Divas" are guests.
• "Tom Papa: Freaked Out" [Special Presentation] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on Epix. Comedian Tom Papa performs a stand-up routine.
• "Treehouse Masters" [1st Season Finale] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on Animal Planet.
• "72 Hours" [1st Season Finale] . . . 10:30 to 11:30 P.M. on TNT.
• "John Oliver's New York Stand-Up Show" [4th Season Premiere] . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on Comedy Central. Comedians Nick Turner, Colin Jost and Reggie Watts perform.
• "PGA Tour: RBC Canadian Open" [Third-round] . . . 3:00 to 6:00 P.M. EST on CBS.
• "WNBA All-Star Game" . . . 3:30 to 6:00 P.M. Eastern on ABC. The 11th matchup of Eastern and Western stars is held in Uncasville, Connecticut. Due to the Olympics last year, there was no game but the East defeated the West in 2011.
• "NASCAR: Nationwide Series in Indianapolis" . . . 4:00 to 7:00 P.M. EST on ESPN.
• "UFC" [Special Presentation] . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. Eastern on Fox. Demetrious Johnson goes up against John Moraga in a flyweight bout in Seattle.
• "America's Cutest Dog" [3rd Season Premiere] . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on Animal Planet.
• "Austin City Limits" . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on PBS. The Head and the Heart and Gomez perform. (REPEAT)
• "Iyanla, Fix My Life" [2nd Season Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on OWN. R&B singer Syleena Johnson seeks help reconciling with her mother.
• "Welcome To Sweetie Pie's" [2nd Season Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on OWN.
• "Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels of a Tribe Called Quest" . . . 10:00 P.M. to 12:30 A.M. on VH1. Director Michael Rapaport follows A Tribe Called Quest during a reunion tour.
• "Saturday Night Live" . . . 11:30 P.M. to 1:00 A.M. on NBC. Justin Bieber guest hosts and is the musical guest. (REPEAT)
• "NASCAR: Sprint Cup in Indianapolis" . . . 1:00 to 5:00 P.M. Eastern on ESPN.
• "PGA Tour: Canadian Open" [Final-round] . . . 3:00 to 6:00 P.M. Eastern on CBS.
• "Big Brother 15" [Eviction Nominations] . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on CBS.
• "Celebrity Wife Swap" [8th Season Finale] . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on ABC. Gerardo and Sisqó swap lives for a week.
• "Behind the Music" . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on VH1. Ludacris is profiled.
• "Unforgettable" [2nd Season Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on CBS.
• "Inside the American Mob" [Series Premiere] . . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on NGC. The history of the American Mafia is examined in this new series.
• "Oprah's Next Chapter" . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on OWN. Hugh Jackman guests.
• "Oprah: Where Are They Now?" [2nd Season Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on OWN. Denise Richards (ABC Family's "Twisted"), "Survivor" winner Richard Hatch and Oprah's half-sister Patricia Lee are visited.
• "Total Divas" [Series Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on E! A look at the professional and personal lives of WWE Divas as they prepare for WrestleMania.
• "Gator Boys" [4th Season Premiere] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on Animal Planet.
• "Watch What Happens: Live" . . . 11:00 to 11:30 P.M. on Bravo. Teresa Giudice ("Real Housewives of New Jersey") and Dr. V (a.k.a Dr. Venus Nicolino) are guests.
Early Morning Show Guests:
• "The Today Show" - Director Ben Aaron. Music Guest: Train.
• "Good Morning America" - Music Guest: Selena Gomez.
• "CBS This Morning" - Jane Curtin ("Unforgettable").
Mid-Morning Show Guests:
• "Live! With Kelly and Michael" - Selena Gomez and the Broadway cast of "Matilda the Musical". Music Guest: Selena Gomez.
• "The View" - Celebrity pet expert Harrison Forbes. Music Guest: Dierks Bentley. Margaret Cho and Dierks Bentley co-host.
• "Rachael Ray" - Scott Baio ("See Dad Run"). (REPEAT)
• "Kris" - "Melissa & Joey's" Joey Lawrence co-hosts.
• "The Real" - Coco Austin ("Ice Loves Coco"), founder of Theybf.com's Natasha Eubanks, and the cast of "DC Cupcakes".
• "Ellen DeGeneres" - Jude Law ("Side Effects"). Music Guest: Blind Pilot. (REPEAT)
• "The Talk" - Alison Sweeney ("The Biggest Loser"), Breckin Meyer ("Franklin & Bash"), and Miss Robbie Montgomery ("Welcome to Sweetie Pie's"). Molly Sims co-hosts.
• "Katie Couric" - "Hollywood Heartthrobs All Grown Up". Ian Ziering, Ricky Schroder, Malcolm-Jamal Warner, Dean Cain and Christopher Atkins. Music Guest: Gerardo.
• "Steve Harvey" - Steve helps a "short-statured man" find his perfect match.
• "Dr. Phil" - "I Hate My Daughter-in-Law". (REPEAT)
• "Dr. Oz Show" - Dr. Drew discusses the deaths of five "Celebrity Rehab" stars. (REPEAT)
• "Wendy Williams" - Charlotte Ross ("Hit the Floor"), Nikki Boyer ("Daytime in No Time"), Sharon Carpenter (VH1's "The Gossip Game"), and comedian John Fugelsang.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "Letterman" - Adam Sandler ("Grown Ups 2"). Music Guest: Joseph Arthur. (REPEAT)
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Maggie Gyllenhaal ("White House Down") and Dean Norris ("Under the Dome"). Music Guest: Empire of the Sun. (REPEAT)
• "The Tonight Show" - Katy Perry ("The Smurfs 2") and sports analyst Cris Collinsworth. Music Guest: Kacey Musgraves.
• "Craig Ferguson" - Lisa Kudrow ("Web Therapy") and Michael McDonald ("The Heat").
• "Jimmy Fallon" - Liev Schreiber (Showtime's "Ray Donovan") and Anthony Anderson (AOL's "Anthony Eats America"). Music Guest: Imagine Dragons.
• "Carson Daly" - Pete Wentz and a look at the hidden meanings within "The Shining" in the documentary "Room 237". Music Guest: Tift Merritt. (REPEAT)
• "Chelsea Lately" - Snoop Lion ("Turbo"). (REPEAT)
• "Bill Maher" - Texas activist Sarah Slamen and theologian Jim Wallis are the interview guests . . . and the panelists are author Reza Aslan ("Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth"), former representative Bob Ney and Eliot Spitzer.
The Seven Phrases That Immediately Make You Call B.S. on Someone
Here are the top phrases that make people IMMEDIATELY call B.S. on someone: "Running late! Be there in five minutes." . . . "I'm fine" . . . "To be honest with you" . . . "I'm not trying to be rude" . . . and "That was my last piece of gum."
1. "Running late! Be there in five minutes." That really means . . . "I won't even be leaving the house for another five minutes."
2. "I'm fine." That really means . . . "I'm not fine."
3. "I'm not trying to be rude." That really means . . . "I'm about to say something incredibly rude."
4. "Just kidding!" That really means . . . "I'm mostly kidding, but there's some underlying truth about how I feel in there."
5. "That was my last piece of gum." That really means . . . "I have plenty of gum."
6. "To be honest with you . . ." That really means . . . "I haven't been honest in anything else I've said so far."
7. "Clearly," "obviously," and "basically." Those three really mean . . . "I don't have any real evidence to support what I'm saying."
A Personal Trainer Shows How to Take Convincing "Before" and "After" Photos . . . Just an Hour Apart
A personal trainer just revealed how to take amazingly convincing "before" and "after" photos . . . on the same day. Make sure you look disheveled, push out your gut, and take a photo using the camera flash for your "before." Then clean yourself up, wear tighter shorts, do a few push-ups, use overhead light, and take your "after" photo.
Is "Inception" Coming True? Scientists Have Successfully Planted a Fake Memory
"Inception" is coming true. Scientists at MIT have successfully managed to ALTER memories in the brains of mice. And they say human brains and mice brains form memories in similar ways . . . so we COULD be looking at technology that creates false memories for us in the future.
A Psychologist Created the Formula for a Perfect Family Road Trip
A psychologist has created the FORMULA for the perfect family road trip. You need to pick a destination that's no more than 100 miles away . . . go on a day with good weather . . . make sure the car is checked out beforehand . . . make sure everyone in the car has something to entertain them . . . and give the kids specific jobs that offer them some responsibility on the trip.
1. Pick a day with good weather.
2. Make sure the car has been checked out and won't break down.
3. Pick a destination that appeals to the whole family . . . that's NO MORE THAN 100 MILES away.
4. Give the kids specific jobs that are fun, and offer some responsibility on the trip . . . like organizing a picnic lunch or spotting places to stop for photos.
5. Plan a stop to eat halfway through the drive.
6. Make sure everyone in the car has something to entertain them for the ride.
7. Make sure you have alternate routes planned if there's traffic.
There's a Real Person Named "Carlos Danger" . . . and His Life Has Been Hell Since We Found Out It's Anthony Weiner's Fake Name
When ANTHONY WEINER talked with women online, he used the fake name CARLOS DANGER. Which is FANTASTIC . . . except there's a 37-year-old doctor in Miami whose REAL name is Carlos Danger. And it's been AWFUL for him since the Weiner news broke. He's been flooded with phone calls, and is refusing to talk to anyone.
Would Replacing Dollar Bills With Dollar Coins Be Good for Strippers? John McCain Thinks So
JOHN MCCAIN and a group of senators are making ANOTHER push to get Americans off dollar bills and onto dollar coins. And McCain says it would be a good thing for STRIPPERS, since they'd get larger bills as tips
A Family in California Now Kinda Regrets Blowing $100,000 on Beanie Babies as an Investment
Beanie Babies came out 20 years ago . . . and about 18 years ago, they EXPLODED. And it's possible no one got hurt worse by the fad than one family in California. The dad decided Beanie Babies were a great investment, and spent $100,000 on 20,000 Beanie Babies. Now they're barely worth anything . . . so he keeps holding on to them, hoping the market turns around.
The Fountain of Youth May Actually Exist . . . But Unfortunately It's Radioactive and Smells Like Eggs
There's a public water faucet in southwest Florida that could be the closest thing to a real Fountain of Youth . . . the magnesium levels in the water might actually be making people live longer. The only problem is . . . it's also RADIOACTIVE. Still, tons of people drink from it, including an 88-year-old woman who's been drinking it EXCLUSIVELY for over 40 years.
Taylor Momsen - 20 (Jenny Humphrey on "Gossip Girl". She also has a rock band called Pretty Reckless and she's a naughty smoker who does NOT want to be a role model to your children . . . despite getting her start as Cindy Lou Who in "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".)
KATE BECKINSALE - 40 (Very sexy vampire in "Underworld", a sexy vampire hunter in Hugh Jackman's "Van Helsing" AND Adam Sandler's sexy wife in "Click".)
Jeremy Piven - 48 ("Entourage" superstar whose big break was playing Spence on the gay sitcom "Ellen". He was also John Cusack's buddy in "Serendipity" and the dean in "Old School".)
Sandra Bullock - 49 (Still hot.)
Danny Woodburn - 49 (Mickey Abbott on "Seinfeld" and the leader of the dwarves in the Julia Roberts' Snow White movie "Mirror Mirror". You've also seen his 4-foot-tall acting prowess in "Jingle All the Way" and "Death to Smoochy".)
Gary Cherone - 52 (Ex-singer of Van Halen the Third AND Extreme.)
Kevin Spacey - 54 (Some of the best things he's been in include "The Usual Suspects", "American Beauty" and . . . THE CLOSET.)
Dorothy Hamill - 57 (Figure skating minx who won Gold in the 1976 Olympics.)
Roger Taylor - 64 (Queen's drummer. He also wrote a few of the band's songs, including "Radio Ga Ga".)
Helen Mirren - 68 (The housekeeper in "Gosford Park", Caesonia in "Caligula", and COMPLETELY NAKED in "Calendar Girls".) (Survey says? I'd STILL hit it.)
Mick Jagger - 70
Dobie Gray - Would have been 73 - (1940 - 2011) (Biggest hit: 1973's "Drift Away". "Give me the beat boys / And free my soul / I wanna get lost in your rock 'n roll and drift away.")
Joe Jackson - 85 (Father of Jackie Jackson, Tito Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, Marlon Jackson, Rebbie Jackson, La Toya Jackson, Randy Jackson, Janet Jackson and the late Michael Jackson.)
JAMES BEST - 87 (Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane on "The Dukes Of Hazzard". Catherine Bach, who played Daisy Duke, says that James Best is quite gifted in length AND girth. Hideously kinky . . . and TRUE.)
VIVIAN VANCE - (1909 - 1979) (Ethel Mertz on "I Love Lucy".) (She was only about two years older than Lucille Ball, but they made her look older and frumpier on the show.)
Stanley Kubrick - (1928 - 1999) (Director of "Eyes Wide Shut", "Full Metal Jacket", "The Shining", "A Clockwork Orange", "Dr. Strangelove", "2001: A Space Odyssey" AND "Spartacus".)
Aldous Huxley - (1894 - 1963) (Wrote "Brave New World" in 1932, which predicted genetic engineering, test tube babies, an over-sexed society hooked on commercial goods and masses of people addicted to pills that keep them from feeling depressed. Sound familiar?)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• Sunday is National Parents Day
• 4 days to a Backstreet Boys disc
• 35 days until Labor Day Weekend
• 55 days to Talk Like a Pirate Day
• 1,274 days left of "Hope and Change"
Back in the day...
65 years ago . . . in 1948 - PRESIDENT TRUMAN signed orders "PROHIBITING DISCRIMINATION" in the U.S. military and government jobs.
55 years ago . . . in 1958 - QUEEN ELIZABETH THE SECOND proclaimed her big-eared son CHARLES to be the PRINCE OF WALES.
36 years ago . . . in 1977 - ELVIS COSTELLO was arrested while performing outside the London Hilton where a CBS Records sales conference was being held. He was trying to audition for a U.S. record deal. (He was fined five British pounds. CBS execs invited young Elvis Costello back for an audition and eventually signed him.)
24 years ago . . . in 1989 - MARK WELLMAN, a 29-year-old paraplegic, reached the summit of El Capitan in Yosemite National Park. . . after hauling himself up the granite cliff SIX INCHES AT A TIME OVER NINE DAYS.
22 years ago . . . in 1991 - PAUL REUBENS, a.k.a. PEE-WEE HERMAN, was arrested inside an adult movie theater in Sarasota, Florida. He was accused of exposing himself TWICE during a showing of the hit film, "Tiger Shark".
21 years ago . . . in 1992 - Motown legend MARY WELLS died of cancer at age 49. She had Motown's first #1 hit, with "My Guy", which was written by Vocal Genius SMOKEY ROBINSON.
17 years ago . . . in 1996 - "Kingpin", starring a one-handed WOODY HARRELSON, was released.
8 years ago . . . in 2005 - THE SPACE SHUTTLE DISCOVERY returned to space in the first Space Shuttle flight since the destruction of the Columbia nearly two and a half years earlier.
7 years ago . . . in 2006 - LANCE BASS came out in "People" magazine. . . telling the world that he is a delicious and proud gay man.
3 years ago . . . in 2010 - Wikileaks released over 92,000 classified military documents associated with the war in Afghanistan.