A Real-Life Kwik-E-Mart Opens In Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Simpsons superfans now have a new pilgrimage location to add to their list. A little bit of Springfield has popped up in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Apu's Kwik-E-Mart can now be visited in real life and it even has a bunch of the products you'd expect to be sold at a Simpsons themed convenience store.
- Buzz Cola
- Duff Beer (it's actually just an energy drink)
- Flaming Moe (also just an energy drink)
- Lard Lad Donuts
- Heat-Lamp Dogs (now with more heat)
- All sorts of other Simpsons memorabilia
- A big sign that says "Thank You, Come Again!" on the way out
Right next door to the Kwik-E-Mart is Springfield's famous Aztec Theater. It is scheduled to open later this year. The theater is a 4-D experience with the cast of the Simpsons. The extra D is because in addition to the 3-D movie, you also get to enjoy sensor-equipped motion seats, wind, scents and more.
You can learn more about this Simpsons' oasis in South Carolina, you can check out the Simpsons in 4-D website.