Bell’s Brewery Ranked Among Top Ten Breweries in U.S.
The Brewer's Association has put out their yearly review of craft brewery companies in the U.S. based on sales volume.
West Michigan is full of awesome breweries! While no breweries from Grand Rapids made the list for 2015, we still have to give it up for our neighbors in Kalamazoo!
Bell's Brewery is ranked the No. 7 craft brewing company in the nation.
This is up from No. 8 in 2014.
To make the list, companies' beer sales are analyzed and they have to meet the the Brewer's Association's definition of "craft brewer" for all or part of 2015, which is "small, independent and traditional". In terms of size, breweries need to have an annual production of 6 million barrels or less; In terms of being independent, less than 25 percent of the company can be owned by an entity that is not a craft brewer.
For 2015, here are The Brewer's Association's Top Ten Breweries:
1. D. G. Yuengling and Son, Inc Pottsville, PA
2. Boston Beer Co Boston, MA
3. Sierra Nevada Brewing Co Chico, CA
4. New Belgium Brewing Co Fort Collins, CO
5. Gambrinus San Antonio, TX
6. Lagunitas Brewing Co* Petaluma, CA
7. Bell’s Brewery, Inc Kalamazoo/ Comstock, MI
8. Deschutes Brewery Bend, OR
9. Minhas Craft Brewery Monroe, WI
10. Stone Brewing Co Escondido, CA
11. Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits* San Diego, CA