Creston No Longer On Hottest Real Estate List
One year after topping Realtor.com's list of the hottest real estate sales zips in America, my neighborhood is nowhere to be found.
Realtor.com has released its annual list of the hottest selling zip codes in the country for real estate. And after a few years of placing neighborhoods on that list, Grand Rapids has fallen from the lofty top ten.
In 2019, Creston (49505) was on the top of Realtor.com's list, and the year before that, it was Kentwood (49508) squeezing into the top ten.
But this year, Grand Rapids and all of Michigan was left off the list, owing in part to a cooling of the market caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, among other factors.
So, what are the hottest real estate areas this year? Well, half of this year’s Top Ten zip codes are on the East Coast.
Top Ten Hottest Zip Codes In The U.S.
- Colorado Springs, CO (80911)
- Reynoldsburg, OH (43068)
- Rochester, NY (14617)
- Melrose, MA (02176)
- South Portland, ME (04106)
- Topeka, KS (66614)
- Hudson, NH (03051)
- Worcester, MA (01602)
- Springfield, VA (22152)
- Raleigh, NC (27604)
- The Top 10 markets each have home that sell within 18 days, which is 51 days faster than the rest of the country.
- Plus, potential buyers view homes in these areas almost 4.3 times more than in other parts of the country, and 2.2 times more than their respective metro areas.
- Homes in this zip code spend an average of only 13 days on the market, with the median list price for homes $287,000.