Grand Rapids Art Museum Reopens Next Month
The Grand Rapids Art Museum will reopen to the public in August with new procedures in place to slow the spread of COVID-19.
GRAM will have a soft opening for members starting July 25th and reopen to the public August 1st.
Here are the new temporary hours of operation:
- Tuesdays: 12 – 6 pm (Meijer Free Day)
- Thursdays: 12 – 9 pm (Meijer Free Day, 5 – 9 pm)
- Saturdays: GRAM Members 10 am — 12 pm; Public 12 – 6 pm
GRAM is encouraging guests to reserve tickets online to promote touch-free ticketing. Members receive free admission and non-members will get a 10% discount.
Guests are asked to note the following in regard to ticketing:
- When selecting a ticket option, you are selecting your 30 minute entrance window.
- Guests are asked to try to limit their visit to two hours.
- To limit capacity, tickets can be purchased up to two weeks in advance, and new batches of tickets will become available each week.
- GRAM will temporarily operate on a cash-free basis for visitors purchasing tickets on-site.
Anyone who needs help with ticketing should contact Visitor Services at 616-831-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure the health and safety of all guests and employees GRAM is instituting the following protocols:
- Everyone over the age of two will be required to wear face coverings at all times while in the building. (Masks will be provided if you do not have one.)
- Staff, guests, and volunteers will be required to submit to a temperature check upon entering the building.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be accessible at all entrances as well as in common gallery spaces.
- Guests are asked to keep a 6-foot distance from others at all times.
- Cleaning will be increased to include routine cleaning of all high traffic and high touch areas and surfaces as well as daily deep cleans when closed to the public.
More on GRAM's health and safety protocols can be found here.
Checkout GRAM's current and future exhibits here.