Mental Health Professional Alicia Talks About Mindfulness And Suicide Awareness [Audio]
Every month we invite Alicia Wilder, our resident mental health professional, on to the show to talk about various mental health topics. This month we wanted to talk about Mindfulness, but because of suicide being so prominent in the news lately, we also touched on suicide awareness.
If you are in need of resources regarding suicide awareness and prevention, we put together a resource page that lists several local and national services, hotlines, and websites that can help you learn more.
You can listen to the entire segment on Mindfulness and Suicide Awareness below.
Alicia also put together a fantastic list of resources about Mindfulness. If you are looking to find out more information, we have apps, website, videos, podcasts and more listed below.
- Mindfulness for Beginners - Kabat Zinn
- Full Catastrophe Living - Kabat Zinn
- Integral Mindfulness - Keith Witt
- The Mindful Therapist - Dan Siegel
- The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion - Christopher Germer
- Self Compassion - Kristin Neff
- Radical Acceptance - Tara Brach
- Insight Dialogue - Kenneth Kramer
- The Mindful Way Through Depression - Williams, et al.
- Mindful.org - Mindful is a mission-driven non-profit. Dedicated to inspiring, guiding, and connecting anyone who wants to explore mindfulness—to enjoy better health, more caring relationships, and a compassionate society.
- GRCFM.com - The Grand Rapids Center for Mindfulness is dedicated to teaching people how to use powerful mindfulness-based tools to manage their stress and take responsibility for their own health and well-being.
- MrsMindfulness.com - This blog is designed for those who are beginners on the path to mindful living as well as those who’ve walked it for some time. Offered are simple teachings and tips for everyday people.
- TheBreathProject.org - A teaching website that provides free access to stress management
- Online Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) training course - 100% free
- A 10 weeks Meditation Easy (ME) Program is a modern yet authentic way of learning meditation without having to follow any religion or belief system. You will experience meditation with 30 unique techniques and meditate upon 10 essential themes of your life.
- Everyday practices for everyday problems. Instructions for when and how to use the following meditations are described in detail in The Mindfulness Solution
- The ultimate list of mindfulness resources – apps, books, websites, journals, and more.
Places to Practice
- Grand Rapids Center for Mindfulness Various Locations
- The Zen Garden at Meijer Gardens - 1000 E Beltline Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525
- The Dominican Center at Marywood
- Any Yoga Place is great too :)
- How do I sit during meditation? by Headspace
- All it takes is 10 Mindful Minutes by Headspace
- Coming to our senses by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- How to Meditate in a Moment by Martin Boroson