Free Park Events Announced in G.R. to Encourage Community Safety
After a shooting last month, the city of Grand Rapids wants to promote safety within the community so they announced a number of free events at various city parks.
This is phase 3 of the pilot program to increase safety. This phase includes the events being offered throughout the summer including a back-to-school celebration. They are free and for all ages.
- Storytime at Joe Taylor Park & 3-on-3 basketball tournament (7/31, 8/7, 8/14)
- Hip Hop Aerobics at Joe Taylor Park (7/29, 8/5, 8/12)
- Community BBQ at Martin Luther King Park (8/17)
- Neighborhood Disc Golf at Highland Park (TBA)
- Back-to-school Celebration with movie, food, and games at Joe Taylor Park (9/7)
Grand Rapids city advisor said in the release
These are great opportunities for neighbors to connect, create community and help send a clear message that violence has no place in our city.