Must-try smoothie recipes for SUMMER!
Sun, swimming and smoothies. After months of cold weather and hot beverages, it is time to crank out the blenders and whip up a delicious treat. Try out any of these mouth-watering smoothie recipes for a fun-packed summer. What do you think? Are there any smoothie recipes not listed here that you would like to share?
- Vanilla Yogurt or Vanilla Ice Cream
- Orange Soda
- Nectarine, Peach or Orange slices
- Sugar for rim garnish (optional)
- Orange Popsicle or Creamsicle (optional)
The smoothie reaches the best consistency if one first crushes the ice. After, add all ingredients into the blender. How much one adds will depend on the amount you are trying to make. Blend and enjoy this deca
What you will need to serve two:
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt or vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup frozen pineapple
- 3/4 cup frozen mango
- 1 tablespoon sugar
For best results, add the yogurt and milk in first. To make the smoothie thicker, add ice prior to blending. Once the smoothie has reached the desired consistency, serve and enjoy this tropical delight on the patio, by the pool or simply in the comfort of your home. Click here for more details.
Maybe you are a peanut butter lover, but simply find eating a PB sandwich day after day to be a bit redundant. Why not give this unique smoothie a try!
- 2 cups baby spinach (for green color)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 banana (optional)
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
Again, place ice cubes at the bottom of the blender before combining the other ingredients. This recipe can comfortably serve two.
One Kraft Foods contributor noted that this smoothie kept her feeling full until the afternoon. This can be especially beneficial for anyone trying to lose weight! Substitute this for your breakfast bagel and you too can be on your way to a sexy summer!
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese, yogurt of your choice or vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries)
- 1 stick CRYSTAL LIGHT On the Go Energy Wild Strawberry Flavor Drink Mix (or any other of your choice)
For best results, blend and serve immediately. Again, if you prefer a thicker consistency, add ice before blending. This berriliscious delight serves 1, so add more ingredients accordingly to accommodate more people. Click here for more details.
Chocoholics will absolutely love this recipe. Not only does it satisfy cravings, but it is actually entirely healthy!
What you'll need:
- Ice cubes (amount of your choice)
- 1/2 cup of low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 shot espresso
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
Add ingredients in this order and blend until it reaches a desired consistency. After pouring, add whip cream for a little more aesthetic appeal and flavor.
This is not your stereotypical blast of fruit. However, do not let that deter you from trying the healthy green smoothie.
Here's what you'll need:
- 6 oz fresh spinach (yes, SPINACH. Continue reading for a delicious smoothie)
- 8 oz frozen organic raspberries or strawberries (or both if you are feeling ambitious)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1-2 ripe bananas
- 4-5 cups soy milk or organic low fat milk
Place all ingredients, except the frozen fruit, into the blender. Blend until smooth. Now, add the frozen fruit until your drink has reached the desired consistency. This recipe will serve several people. Click here for more details and smoothie ideas.
There is nothing better than a delicious, juicy slice of kiwi and honeydew. Therefore, it only makes sense to use the two to create a satisfying beverage.
- 2 cups of honeydew, cubed
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup of ice cubes
Add the fruit, sugar and lemon juice to the blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth. Next, add the ice and blend until it has reached a consistent slush. Served with a tiny umbrella and a lime for garnish, you will look great lying next to a pool with this smoothie. Click here for more details.
The name alone sends one's tongue into a frenzy. Yum! Not only does it satisfy one's need for sweetness, but this smoothie is actually healthy!
- 1/2 cup of skim milk or soy milk
- 6 ounces of vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries or ice
Add all ingredients to the blender (in small increments) and blend until smooth. Serve with a spoon and it's as if you've gone to heaven. Click here for further ideas.
Much like people fighting for the last watermelon Jolly Rancher, one simply can't get enough of this flavorful smoothie.
Here's what you need:
- 6 cups of seedless watermelon, chopped
- 1 cup of lemon sherbet (or any other desired flavor), non-fat milk or low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 12 ice cubes (or more for a thicker consistency)
Firstly, blend the watermelon until smooth. Next, add half the ice and sherbet and blend. Repeat until all ingredients are smooth. This is the perfect treat for a hot summer day. If you're feeling fancy, add a section of watermelon for garnish. Click here for further details.
Yum. That's all that can be said about this last smoothie.
- 1 cup of skim milk or soy milk
- 6 ounces of lemon yogurt
- 1 medium-sized orange in sections
- 1 tablespoon flax seed oil
- 6 ice cubes
Blend all ingredients and enjoy! Serves one. Click here for more.