We’re Number One! Michigan Is Now The Worst State For Potholes
You've probably always thought Michigan had the worst potholes in America but now thanks to a study done by insurance company Quote Wizard you have proof.
What Causes Potholes?
Michigan.gov says Potholes are created when snow and ice melt as part of Michigan's seasonal freeze-thaw cycles. When moisture seeps into the pavement and freezes, it causes the ground to expand and push the pavement up creating a gap
Top Things Potholes Do To Michigan Driver's Vehicles
- Pop your tire
- Damage your wheel rims
- Ruin the engine or exhaust system
- Throw off your alignment
- Ruin your car's shocks and struts
How Much Is The Average Pothole Repair Bill?
- The average repair bill associated with one of these pothole mishaps is $306
- In 64% of cases, the repair bill is $250 or less
- For 30% of people, the related bill is between $250 and $1,000
- Only 6% of incidents result in a bill that’s over $1,000
Michigan Is The Worst State For Potholes
The study done by Quote Wizard was based on Google search results from the past year. Michigan had the most searches for complaints about potholes.
Which Michigan City Has The Worst Potholes?
I was a bit surprised but out of all the cities in Michigan, the worst for potholes from this study was Traverse City which came in at #17 on the list.
Lansing came in at #21
Grand Rapids made the list at #30.
you can read the full survey here
I hate to see Michigan on this list but as racing legend Ricky Bobby once said...