Your daily dose of Whatever!!
SHOWBIZ HIGHLIGHTS - 1 of 4
1. SEAN HAYES secretly got married last week to his longtime boyfriend Scott Icenogle. Yesterday, he posted a "Throwback Thursday" photo of their wedding day along with the caption, "Took us 8 years, but we did it!" (Full Story)
2. "Wonder Years" minx DANICA MCKELLAR got married Saturday in Maui. The lucky guy is an attorney named Scott Sveslosky. It was a sunrise ceremony, so they actually got hitched at 6:30 in the morning. (Full Story)
3. SCARLETT JOHANSSON is now wearing a simple gold band in addition to her engagement ring. So naturally, people are wondering if she and fiancé Romain Dauriac secretly got married. There's no actual evidence they did yet. (Full Story)
4. On "The View" in 2006, MEREDITH VIEIRA dropped a bomb, when she revealed that she DOESN'T WEAR UNDERWEAR. Eight years later, that situation remains deliciously unchanged. Meredith tells "More" magazine, quote, "I always thought, 'Why bother?'" (Full Story)
SHOWBIZ HIGHLIGHTS - 2 of 4
6. Director MIKE NICHOLS died of a heart attack on Wednesday. He's the guy who made "The Graduate". He was one of the only people to have won the EGOT . . . where you've won an Emmy, a Grammy, an Oscar, and a Tony. He was married to DIANE SAWYER from 1988 until the time of his death. He was 83. (Full Story)
7. Four women came out yesterday with new accusations against BILL COSBY. LOU FERRIGNO's wife says he tried to assault her at his house in 1967, but she got away. An actress from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" says Bill forced himself on her in the green room of "The Tonight Show" in 1971. And a nurse from Florida and a woman from Pittsburgh say he drugged and assaulted them. (Full Story)
9. Daniel Handler is the writer behind the Lemony Snicket books, and he told a racist story about a black author at an awards show on Wednesday. He said she was allergic to WATERMELON, and pointed out how crazy that was. He meant it as a joke, but no one found it funny, so he apologized on Twitter. (Full Story)
10. The "National Enquirer" claims KHLOE KARDASHIAN has a brilliant new plan to lose weight. She orders whatever she wants . . . takes a bite or two . . . and then sprays a "Windex-like cleaner" on the food so she won't keep eating it. This is probably B.S., but with the Kardashians you never know. (Full Story)
SHOWBIZ HIGHLIGHTS - 3 of 4
11. The third "Hunger Games" movie is the only new movie hitting theaters this weekend. "Mockingjay Part 1" has Katniss joining the rebels of District 13 and becoming the face of the rebellion in all their propaganda . . . as Peeta is used for the opposite purpose in the Capitol. (New Releases) (Sneak Peek)
12. Check Out Trailers for: "The Wedding Ringer", "The Woman in Black 2", "Pitch Perfect 2", and an Honest Trailer for "The Little Mermaid" (Full Story)
13. You know how you sometimes like to "hate-watch" something . . . just to mock it and complain about it on social media? Well, ALLISON WILLIAMS doesn't want you to do that with her "Peter Pan Live!" special. She says, quote, "There's something so personal to me about Peter [Pan], and it hurts me so much when people look at this whole thing through a cynical lens." (Full Story)
14. AMC's "Breaking Bad" spin-off "Better Call Saul" will premiere on Sunday, February 8th, after the mid-season return of "The Walking Dead". There will be a second episode the following night, when it settles into its Monday night timeslot. (Full Story)
SHOWBIZ HIGHLIGHTS - 4 of 4
16. Rumor has it ABC is nervous that JENNIFER LOPEZ and IGGY AZALEA'S performance of "Booty" at the American Music Awards on Sunday will be too raunchy. Supposedly, they've banned BUTT CRACKS and RUBBING. Iggy says it'll be fine, but, quote, "We aren't performing in turtleneck sweaters." (Full Story)
17. Urban Quick Hits: J. Cole, Macklemore, Azealia Banks, and Kid Cudi
18. Two country singers decided to come out of the closet this week. TY HERNDON told "ET", quote, "I'm an out, proud, and happy gay man. I have an awesome relationship that I've been in for a number of years." His announcement inspired BILLY GILMAN, who posted a YouTube video saying, quote, "I have a partner [that] am happily sharing my life with." (Full Story)
19. Showbiz Extras
SHOWBIZ SEXY - 1 of 3
Sean Hayes Got Gay Married!
SEAN HAYES secretly got married last week, to his longtime boyfriend Scott Icenogle. Yesterday he posted a "Throwback Thursday" photo of their wedding day with the caption, "Took us 8 years, but we did it!"
Sean is most famous for playing Jack on "Will & Grace". He joined the cast of the CBS sitcom "The Millers" last month, but then it got canceled. This week's episode was the last one.
Danica McKellar is Married
"Wonder Years" minx DANICA MCKELLAR got married Saturday inMaui. The lucky guy is an attorney named Scott Sveslosky.
It was a small ceremony, with about 25 friends and family members . . . including Danica's 4-year-old son Draco from her first marriage. Her husband has a 10-year-old son from a previous marriage as well.
They had a sunrise ceremony, so they actually got hitched at 6:30 in the morning. Danica's sexy, new-agey-type mom Mahaila did a hula dance at the reception.
(You can check out three pictures from the ceremony at People.com.)
SHOWBIZ SEXY - 2 of 3
Is Scarlett Johansson Married?
SCARLETT JOHANSSON added some bling to her engagement finger. She's now wearing a simple gold band in addition to her engagement ring.
So naturally, people are wondering if she and fiancé Romain Dauriac secretly got married. There's no actual evidence they did, of course. Scarlett and Romain have a 2-month-old daughter named Rose Dorothy. (Check out the new ring here.)
Meredith Vieira Still Doesn't Wear Underwear
On "The View" in 2006, MEREDITH VIEIRA dropped a bomb when she revealed that she DOESN'T WEAR UNDERWEAR. Eight years later, that situation remains deliciously unchanged.
Meredith tells "More" magazine, quote, "I always thought, 'Why bother?'" But she adds that she's not always in total commando mode . . . quote, "If it's pantyhose, it's built in. And in the summer I wear leotards."
(Meredith is 60 years old, and obviously one of the ELDER MINXES WHO DOES IT NASTY!)
SHOWBIZ SEXY - 3 of 3
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. Somehow, MILEY CYRUS' hooker-ish antics are actually kind of cute in a new commercial for an Italian lingerie company called Golden Lady.
2. IRELAND BALDWIN says "Believe in your body" . . . which is easy when you look like this.
3. An 18-year-old kid draws celebrity pictures so good, they almost look like photographs. (The Morgan Freeman pic definitely looks like a photo. The rest are questionable . . . but still better than anything YOU'LL ever draw.)
4. Here's MADONNA's way of calling out Twitter for censoring nipples, but letting bare butts roam free.
5. (NC-17) ROSE MCGOWAN went FULL-FRONTAL in "Flaunt" magazine.
6. LORDE showed some cleavage and midriff yesterday at the New Zealand Music Awards.
SHOWBIZ NONSENSE - 1 of 6
"Graduate" Director Mike Nichols Has Died
HIGHLIGHTS: Director MIKE NICHOLS died of a heart attack on Wednesday. He's the guy who made "The Graduate". He was one of the only people to have won the EGOT . . . where you've won an Emmy, a Grammy, an Oscar, and a Tony. He was married to DIANE SAWYER from 1988 until the time of his death. He was 83.
FULL STORY: Oscar-winning Director MIKE NICHOLS died suddenly on Wednesday after a heart attack. He was 83. His most notable movies include "The Graduate", "The Birdcage", "Working Girl", "Silkwood", and "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf".
He won Best Director in 1968 for "The Graduate", and was nominated four other times. He also directed a ton of Broadway shows, including "Annie", "Spamalot", "The Odd Couple", and the one-woman show that launched WHOOPI GOLDBERG's career.
Nichols won multiple Tonys and Emmys . . . including Best Director for the HBO miniseries "Angels in America". And he won a Grammy in 1962 for the comedy album "An Evening with Mike Nichols and Elaine May".
That means he's one of the few recipients of the EGOT . . . meaning he's won at least one of each of the four big awards: Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony. Only 14 other people have done it, including Mel Brooks, Audrey Hepburn, and Whoopi herself.
He was married to DIANE SAWYER from 1988 until his death. But she was his FOURTH wife.
Related Comedy: Legendary Director Mike Nichols has died. And David Spade's making another "Joe Dirt". My point: there is no God. (Tweet This)
SHOWBIZ NONSENSE - 2 of 6
(NC-17) Lou Ferrigno's Wife and an Actress from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Now Say Bill Cosby Assaulted Them
HIGHLIGHTS: Four women came out yesterday with new accusations against BILL COSBY. LOU FERRIGNO's wife says he tried to assault her at his house in 1967, but she got away. An actress from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" says Bill forced himself on her in the green room of the "Tonight" show in 1971. And a nurse fromFlorida and a woman fromPittsburgh say he drugged and assaulted them.
FULL STORY: The list of BILL COSBY's accusers has grown by four. And one of them is LOU FERRIGNO's wife. (!!!) Her name is Carla, and she says Cosby TRIED to assault her at his house in 1967, a year after she was a "Playboy" Bunny.
Carla says she met a guy who asked her out on a double-date with Cosby and his wife Camille. They went to a movie, then ended up at Cosby's house. Eventually, both Camille and the other guy disappeared, leaving Carla alone with Bill.
She says Cosby, quote, "grabbed me, pulled me to him and kisses me on the mouth like really, really rough." She pushed him away, and he tried again. So she pushed him off again, then ran into the hall, where she found the other guy, and told him she wanted to go home.
Carla believes that guy set her up . . . and it must have been his job to find women for Bill. She also believes that Camille has known all along what Bill's been up to.
And she believes one of the things that probably saved her that night is that she didn't drink at the time . . . so he had no way of slipping her a pill.
Continued . . .
SHOWBIZ NONSENSE - 3 of 6
(NC-17) Lou Ferrigno's Wife and an Actress from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Now Say Bill Cosby Assaulted Them
(Carla said this yesterday on the "John & Ken Show" on KFI-AM in Los Angeles. You can listen to the audio here.)
As you know, Cosby isn't talking about any of this. But his lawyers issued a denial, saying, quote, "This continuation of a pattern of attacks on Mr. Cosby has entered the realm of the ridiculous."
Another one of Bill's new accusers is LOUISA MORITZ . . . a 68-year-old former actress who played a character named Rose in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest".
She says that in 1971, she was in the green room at the "Tonight Show", waiting to go on, when Cosby did something extremely DISGUSTING to her.
(Careful!) She says he actually took out his manhood, took her by the back of the head and forced it into her mouth, saying, quote, "It will do you good in so many ways."
Then as he left the room, he warned her, quote, "Now you don't want to upset me and the plans for your future, do you?"
The third woman to accused Cosby yesterday is a nurse from Boca Raton, Florida. She says he drugged and raped her in Las Vegasin 1976 . . . and a fourth woman from Pittsburghsays she was assaulted during an ongoing relationship with Bill in the '80s. (Read their stories here and here.)
SHOWBIZ NONSENSE - 4 of 6
Bill Cosby Randoms
1. Professional drama queen GLENN BECK made an idiot of himself yesterday by saying that the Associated Press "RAPED" Bill Cosby when they released that video of him refusing to answer the allegations against him. (Full Story)
2. DONALD TRUMP thinks Cosby is getting "very bad advice" from his PR team, and should be out there addressing all of this. (Full Story)
3. Actress STACEY DASH would like you to know that she worked with Bill in 1986, when she was 19, and he neither drugged nor raped her. (Full Story)
(Of course, Stacey is black, while Bill's M.O. . . . IF HE DID IT . . . is to go after white women.)
4. Here's a heartwarming story about how Bill once bullied a Notre Dame football player to tears for having a 2.5 GPA. (Full Story)
SHOWBIZ NONSENSE - 5 of 6
The Guy Behind "Lemony Snicket" Made a Racist Joke at an Award Ceremony . . . and Later Apologized
HIGHLIGHTS: Daniel Handler is the writer behind the Lemony Snicket books, and he told a racist story about a black author at an awards show on Wednesday. He said she was allergic to WATERMELON, and pointed out how crazy that was. He meant it as a joke, but no one found it funny, so he apologized on Twitter.
FULL STORY: Daniel Handler is the writer behind the Lemony Snicket books, and while he was hosting the National Book Awards on Wednesday night, he told a pretty racist "joke".
An author named Jacqueline Woodson had just won an award . . . and Daniel came out and shared an ill-advised anecdote that he'd just "learned" about her.
He said, quote, "Jackie is allergic to watermelon. Just let that sink in your mind." He said that he'd urged her to put that in a book . . . and she responded by telling HIM to put it in a book.
He said he told her, quote, "I'm only writing a book about a black girl who's allergic to watermelon if I get a blurb from you, Cornel West, Toni Morrison, and Barack Obama saying 'This guy's okay, this guy's fine.'" (Here's video.)
But Daniel's "joke" didn't get a warm reception from the room . . . or on the Internet.
So he apologized on Twitter: Quote, "My job was to shine a light on tremendous writers, including Jacqueline Woodson, and not to overshadow their achievements with my own ill-conceived attempts at humor. I clearly failed, and I'm sorry."
SHOWBIZ NONSENSE - 6 of 6
Khloe Kardashian's Dieting Secret Is . . . Spraying Windex on Her Food?
HIGHLIGHTS: The "National Enquirer" claims KHLOE KARDASHIAN has a brilliant new plan to lose weight. She orders whatever she wants . . . takes a bite or two . . . and then sprays a "Windex-like cleaner" on the food so she won't keep eating it. This is probably B.S., but with the Kardashians you never know.
FULL STORY: There are some ridiculous diets out there, but if you believe the "National Enquirer", KHLOE KARDASHIAN has found the MOST absurd one yet. Although, it does sound like it would definitely work.
Supposedly, Khloe sprays a, quote, "Windex-like cleaner" on her food, which is an idea she supposedly got from VICTORIA BECKHAM.
A so-called "source" says, quote, "Khloe loved the idea and started spraying everything! She dubbed it the 'one-bite system' to indulge without gaining weight."
She keeps the spray bottle in her purse, and will "spray it on something after she's had a bite or two so she won't keep eating it." (???)
(EARMUFFS, homeless people!) The source adds, quote, "Khloe has no problems wasting food as long as it helps her maintain her figure." (This seems too idiotic to be true, but with the Kardashians you never know.)
NEW MOVIES THIS WEEKEND - 1 of 2
"Mockingjay" Part One Hits Theaters This Week
Anyone who cares at all about "The Hunger Games" should have seen "Catching Fire" by now. It's been out for a year and it even hit Netflix last month. If you haven't, well it's your own damn fault. So brace yourself for some SPOILERS.
The trend of turning trilogies into an extra movie lives on. Even though there were only three books in the "Hunger Games" series, "Mockingjay" will be split into two movies. And "Mockingjay: Part 2" won't be out until November of next year.
The second movie was all about how they forced two dozen winners to compete again, in order to avoid a rebellion by destroying everyone's hope if they watched Katniss die. Obviously she didn't. And she sparked a rebellion anyway.
To bring you up to speed, "Catching Fire" ended with Katniss destroying the games annex . . . being rescued by the rebels . . . and then being told that the Capitol had retaliated for her escape by bombing her home.
There were five other survivors after she took out the game arena. The rebels rescued Katniss, Finnick, and 'Volts' . . . while the Capitol recaptured Peeta, the chick who dug the tracker out of Katniss' arm, and the chick whose teeth are filed into fangs.
Continued . . .
NEW MOVIES THIS WEEKEND - 2 of 2
In this one, we find out that the rebels are hiding out in District 13 and being led by Julianne Moore. She wants to use Katniss as a propaganda tool to get the other districts to rise up and go to war out of sympathy for the destruction of District 12.
And when Katniss finds out the Capitol is using Peeta for counter-propaganda, she demands they rescue him if they want her to continue being the face of the rebellion.
In addition to returning stars Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Jena Malone, Liam Hemsworth, Elizabeth Banks, and Woody Harrelson, you'll recognize the faces of two "Game of Thrones" actresses in this one.
Natalie Dormer actually shaved half her head to be in this movie. She plays Cressida, a chick from the Capitol whose camera crew documents everything Katniss does. You know her on HBO as Joffrey's bride, Margaery Tyrell.
And the leader of the District 2 rebels is played by 6'3" "Game of Thrones" actress Gwendoline Christie, who you know as Brienne of Tarth.
As for Philip Seymour Hoffman, he was almost done filming Part 1 when he died in February and still had a week left to do for Part 2. The director refused to use CGI for his remaining scenes, and instead moved the rest of Hoffman's lines to other actors.
You may have also heard that Lorde has two songs on the soundtrack, but did you know that she was also given complete control of it?
The studio was so impressed with what she did on "Yellow Flicker Beat", that she got to choose ALL the artists and songs for the movie. Yeah, it pays to be a young, empowered female these days.
NEW RELEASE SNEAK PEEK
Sneak Peek at Upcoming CD, DVD, and Theatrical Releases
Theatrical Releases for Next Friday:
• "Horrible Bosses 2" . . . starring Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis, and Charlie Day.
• "Penguins of Madagascar" . . . Benedict Cumberbatch helps penguins act like spies.
• "The Imitation Game" . . . Benedict Cumberbatch plays a WWII code-breaker.
DVDs for Tuesday:
• "The Expendables 3" . . . starring Sylvester Stallane.
• "The November Man" . . . starring Pierce Brosnan, and Olga Kurylenko.
• "The Giver" . . . starring Brenton Thwaites, and Jeff Bridges.
• "A Madea Christmas" . . . starring Tyler Perry, and Chad Michael Murray.
• "A Merry Friggin' Christmas" . . . starring Joel McHale, and Robin Williams.
CDs for Tuesday:
• "Listen", David Guetta
• "Globalization", Pitbull
• "Shady XV", Eminem
• "For You", Selena Gomez
• "Beyoncé [Platinum Edition]", Beyoncé
• "Reclassified", Iggy Azalea
• "Ghost Stories Live 2014", Coldplay
MOVIE QUICK HITS
Check Out Trailers for: "The Wedding Ringer", "The Woman in Black 2", "Pitch Perfect 2", and an Honest Trailer for "The Little Mermaid"
1. (NC-17) There's a new red-band trailer for KEVIN HART'S upcoming comedy "The Wedding Ringer". The movie also stars Josh Gad and Kaley Cuoco . . . and hits theaters on January 16th. (Check out the UNCENSORED trailer, here.)
2. A trailer for the horror movie "The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death" is out. The original came out in 2012 and starred DANIEL RADCLIFFE, but he isn't in this one. The sequel hits theaters on January 2nd. (Here's the trailer.)
3. "Pitch Perfect 2" won't be released until May 15th, but the first trailer is out. ANNA KENDRICK is back, along with BRITTANY SNOW and REBEL WILSON. (You can find the trailer, here.)
4. The "Honest Trailers" people have finally gotten around to trashing "The Little Mermaid". (You can check it out, here. Note: It contains bleeped profanity, and some sexually suggestive stuff.)
TV QUICK HITS - 1 of 2
Allison Williams Does Not Want You to Hate-Watch "Peter Pan Live!"
HIGHLIGHTS: You know how you sometimes like to "hate-watch" something . . . just to mock it and complain about it on social media? Well, ALLISON WILLIAMS doesn't want you to do that with her "Peter Pan Live!" special. She says, quote, "There's something so personal to me about Peter [Pan], and it hurts me so much when people look at this whole thing through a cynical lens."
FULL STORY: You know how you sometimes like to "hate-watch" something . . . just to mock it and complain about it on social media?
"Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" was a prime example . . . along with "The Bachelor" . . . recent seasons of "American Idol" . . . that Food Network show with GUY FIERI . . . and Lifetime movies, like that AALIYAH one that just aired.
Well, ALLISON WILLIAMS has a feeling people are planning to do that with her upcoming "Peter Pan Live!" special . . . and she's asking them to COOL IT.
She says, quote, "If you're going to hate-watch it with all your friends, so you can drink wine and Tweet at each other about how it's bad . . . you need to just go ahead and take those lenses out of your glasses, and put in the lenses that you had when you were six."
She adds, quote, "There's something so personal to me about Peter [Pan], and it hurts me so much when people look at him through a cynical lens, and look at this whole thing through a cynical lens."
(Wow, what a sales pitch! NBC is airing it on December 4th, so plan your "Peter Pan Live!" drinking parties accordingly.)
TV QUICK HITS - 2 of 2
The "Breaking Bad" Spin-Off "Better Call Saul" Has a Premiere Date
AMC's "Breaking Bad" spin-off "Better Call Saul" will premiere on Sunday, February 8th, after the mid-season return of "The Walking Dead". There will be a second episode the following night, when it settles into its Monday night timeslot.
"Better Call Saul" stars BOB ODENKIRK as small-time lawyer Saul Goodman. The show will be set in 2002, before the events in "Breaking Bad".
Weekend TV Reminders:
• Friday: The third season of "Lilyhammer" premieres on Netflix today.
• Saturday: "Austin City Limits" . . . from 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on PBS. Loretta Lynn and Jackson Browne perform.
• "Saturday Night Live" . . . from 11:30 P.M. to 1:00 A.M. on NBC. Cameron Diaz hosts and Bruno Mars performs with Mark Ronson.
• "Sunday Night Football" . . . from 5:30 to 8:30 P.M. Eastern on NBC. The New York Giants host the Dallas Cowboys.
• Sunday: "The American Music Awards" . . . from 8:00 to 11:00 P.M. on ABC. The performers include Iggy Azalea, Garth Brooks, Fergie, Selena Gomez, Imagine Dragons, Lorde, One Direction, Sam Smith, Taylor Swift. (Nominees)
• Sunday: "The Walking Dead" . . . from 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on AMC.
• Sunday: "Seasons of Love" . . . from 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on Lifetime. LeToya Luckett from Destiny's Child is dating a guy whose father dies on New Year's Eve. Gladys Knight plays the widow. Method Man and Taraji P. Henson are also in it.
• Sunday: "The Comeback" . . . from 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. on HBO. Seth Rogen guest stars as Lisa Kudrow's new costar.
(You can preview Monday's schedule here.)
TODAY ON TV TALK SHOWS
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" - Julianne Moore ("Mockingjay: Part 1") and Michael Cera.
• "Late Night with Seth Meyers" - Taylor Schilling, Aaron Sorkin, and comedian Mike Lawrence. (Repeat)
• "Letterman" - James Corden (Craig Ferguson's late night successor), TV producer Norman Lear, and TV on the Radio.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Jim Carrey and Bellamy Young from "Scandal". (Repeat)
• "Carson Daly" - Cristin Milioti, the female rock band Bleached, and "Dead Snow" director Tommy Wirkola. (Repeat)
• "Craig Ferguson" - Cillian Murphy, "Dexter's" Jennifer Carpenter, and Metallica.
(You can preview Monday's late night schedule here.)
MUSIC QUICK HITS - 1 of 2
ABC Is Supposedly Freaked Out That Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea Will Show Too Much Booty While Performing "Booty"
HIGHLIGHTS: Rumor has it ABC is nervous that JENNIFER LOPEZ and IGGY AZALEA'S performance of "Booty" at the American Music Awards on Sunday will be too raunchy. Supposedly, they've banned BUTT CRACKS and RUBBING. Iggy says it'll be fine, but, quote, "We aren't performing in turtleneck sweaters."
FULL STORY: ABC is airing the American Music Awards on Sunday . . . and supposedly they have one concern: That JENNIFER LOPEZ and IGGY AZALEA will show too much booty during their performance of the song "Booty".
Rumor has it they made it clear that they didn't want to see any BUTT CRACKS or RUBBING. Interestingly, SPANKING was totally cool though. (???)
Obviously they're worried about it getting too raunchy, which is valid, since the rubbing and spanking in the video is closer to Cinemax than ABC primetime.
The live broadcast will be on a three- to four-second delay, but things get past safeguards like that all the time.
Last night, Iggy Tweeted, quote, "I'm not sure if the 'executives' are 'worried' about me and J-Lo's performance. LOL . . .
(CAREFUL!) "We haven't been asked to make any changes, and there are no plans to expose anyone's nipples or vaginas . . .
"With that being said, we aren't performing in turtleneck sweaters either . . ."
MUSIC QUICK HITS - 2 of 2
Urban Quick Hits: J. Cole, Macklemore, Azealia Banks, and Kid Cudi
1. It's unclear how much of a stunt this was, but J. COLE showed up at a fan's house in Dallas to preview his upcoming album, "2014 Forest Hills Drive", for the woman and her family. Supposedly, he just saw a Tweet from her . . . asked for her address . . . and stopped by with his new album. (Here's video.)
That said, J. Cole has been hosting listening parties across the country, and has even personally invited fans to listen to it at his childhood home inNorth Carolina. So, he's got the promo machine cranked up to 10.
2. If you thought success would push MACKLEMORE more toward being a conventional rapper . . . well, that's not happening. Now, he's writing "raps" with his CAT, Cairo. (Here's a photo.)
3. AZEALIA BANKS digs ONE DIRECTION. Yesterday, she randomly Tweeted, quote, "I'm actually blasting One Direction right now."
4. KID CUDI recently went on a long Twitter rant about the commercialization of hip-hop . . . and we liked these lines: Quote, "Anyone and everyone can rap now. It's not an impressive field to be in anymore.
"I'm going to just learn more instruments, and plot more symphonies . . . rap music is a hustle I respect, but we need more people approaching it like an art-form, with some peace of mind."
FRIDAY'S SHOWBIZ EXTRAS - 1 of 3
1. KIM KARDASHIAN's butt is being used in an SAT prep class. (Full Story)
2. Check out this college student from Bostonwho looks a lot like RIHANNA. (Full Story)
1. JOSE CANSECO says his re-attached finger did NOT fall off during a poker game. He was joking. (Full Story)
2. Here's what the skeletons of popular cartoon characters would look like. (Full Story)
3. A playground in Polandwants to ban images of Winnie the Pooh, because he doesn't wear pants and is possibly a hermaphrodite. (Full Story)
4. JAY LENO canceled an appearance at a gun show after complaints from the Left . . . now he's getting complaints from the Right. (Full Story)
5. "Lone Ranger" star ARMIE HAMMER got a black eye sparring with former NFL monster SHAWNE MERRIMAN. (Full Story)
FRIDAY'S SHOWBIZ EXTRAS - 2 of 3
More Nonsense Extras:
6. GWYNETH PALTROW may have taken a shot at MARTHA STEWART by putting a recipe on her GOOP website for something called "Jailbird Cake". (Full Story)
"Highlander" fans will probably start torching stuff if this is true, but there's a rumor that TOM CRUISE will star in a reboot. (Full Story)
1. A one-hour special featuring some of CONAN O'BRIEN's best bits will air on TBS on December 18th. (Full Story)
2. There's a petition asking TLC to cancel "19 Kids and Counting", because of the family's supposed stance against the LGBT community. As of last night, it had more than 118,000 signatures. (Full Story)
3. Has NBC asked AL ROKER to tone down his crazy antics? (Full Story)
4. Check out the trailer for an upcoming "Game of Thrones" video game that lets you interact with characters from the show as a member of a new house loyal to the Starks. It's being made by the same people who did "The Walking Dead" game. (Trailer)
FRIDAY'S SHOWBIZ EXTRAS - 3 of 3
1. CHERis canceling the rest of her tour, because she's still dealing with a viral infection that caused her to cancel several shows in September. (Full Story)
2. YOKO ONO teamed up with the FLAMING LIPS for a new version of JOHN LENNON's "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)". (Full Story)
3. The guys from INTERPOL are free, after spending 50 HOURS trapped on their tour bus in the snow near Buffalo, New York. (Full Story)
4. WILL BUTLER from ARCADE FIRE is releasing a solo album in March. (Full Story)
5. MTV got AARON CARTER to watch his "Aaron's Party" video for the first time. (Full Story)
6. (NC-17) A video that MARILYN MANSON shot in 2012 featuring a scene where actor-director ELI ROTH rapes LANA DEL REY was leaked to the web yesterday. (WARNING: This clip contains very intense imagery.)
STUPID NEWS HIGHLIGHTS - 1 of 3
1. Here are a few random facts for you. Homer Simpsons has said "Mmm" 110 times on "The Simpsons", about once every five episodes. When you look down at your phone, the amount of pressure on your spine is the equivalent of a 60-pound weight on your neck. And the planet with the shortest day is Jupiter . . . only 9.9 Earth hours for a full rotation. (Full Story)
2. An extremely obvious new survey found the most popular things to do on Thanksgiving. The top five are: Visit family . . . shop . . . watch football . . . eat a special dinner . . . and take a nap. (Full Story)
3. The American Farm Bureau Federation just released their annual study on how much it should cost to serve Thanksgiving dinner for 10 people. And for turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, peas, milk, and pumpkin pie, it should cost you . . . $49.41, or less than $5 per person. (Full Story)
4. Here are a few new stats about Thanksgiving driving and traveling. More people are traveling this year for Thanksgiving than any year since 2007 . . . nine out of 10 people who travel go by car . . . and the worst time to try to drive out of town is between 3:00 and 5:00 P.M. on Wednesday. (Full Story)
5. A new survey asked people how likely it is they'll work on Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's Day. And one out of four people say they'll DEFINITELY work at least one of those days. Another one out of 10 say it's somewhat likely. (Full Story)
STUPID NEWS HIGHLIGHTS - 2 of 3
6. Researchers in China have found a gene that makes you bad at relationships. 579 people were tested . . . 38% of them had the gene . . . and the ones who did were 20% more likely to still be single. As a bonus, the gene also makes you more likely to suffer from depression and be mentally unstable. (Full Story)
7. A new study found that the higher a woman's heels, the more attractive she is to men. Researchers found men are more likely to help a woman AND more likely to hit on a woman based on how high her heels are. (Full Story)
8. Here are three new things to worry about. Eating sugar can make you more depressed, anxious, and worse at dealing with stress. Hand dryers spread more bacteria than paper towels. And being "skinny fat" can be more dangerous than being obese . . . because skinny fat people don't realize they might have problems. (Full Story)
9. A new website ranked the big fast food chains by how HEALTHY they are . . . based on items under 700 calories containing fruits, nuts, and vegetables. The healthiest are Au Bon Pain . . . Rubio's . . . and Subway. The least healthy are Caribou Coffee . . . Checker's and Rally's . . . and Wienerschnitzel. (Full Story)
10. A 34-year-old guy in England tried to rob a grocery store last week by whipping out a PICTURE of a gun. The employees weren't particularly intimidated and stalled the guy while they called the cops, and he was arrested. (Full Story)
STUPID NEWS HIGHLIGHTS - 3 of 3
11. A 43-year-old janitor in Iowa was cleaning a public library a few weeks ago, and stopped to look at PORN on one of their computers. But then he panicked . . . and wound up STEALING the computer and destroying it. The police easily traced it back to him, and he's been charged with theft. (Full Story)
12. A couple in Springfield, Oregon left a strip club around 5:45 P.M. on Sunday, and started getting-it-on in their car . . . in plain view of passing cars, while parked directly in front of the local JAIL. They're both facing charges for indecent exposure and disorderly conduct. (Full Story)
13. On Monday, a guy in Maine flipped his SUV into a stream after he hit a patch of ice, and a three-month-old baby was trapped inside in her car seat. Luckily a guy who saw it happen dove in, used a pocketknife to cut the seatbelt, and pulled her out. Then another guy did CPR and saved her life. (Full Story)
STUPID NEWS - 1 of 9
Five Random Facts For Friday
HIGHLIGHTS: Here are a few random facts for you. Homer Simpsons has said "Mmm" 110 times on "The Simpsons", about once every five episodes. When you look down at your phone, the amount of pressure on your spine is the equivalent of a 60-pound weight on your neck. And the planet with the shortest day is Jupiter . . . only 9.9 Earth hours for a full rotation.
FULL STORY: Here are some random facts for you . . .
1. Homer Simpsons has said "Mmm" 110 times on "The Simpsons", about once every five episodes.
2. There are 77% more car accidents involving deer the week of Thanksgiving than any other week of the year, probably because so many more people are on the roads.
3. When you look down at your phone, the amount of pressure on your spine is the equivalent of putting a 60-pound weight on your neck. So if you do it an hour a day, that really adds up . . . and may cause you serious problems down the line.
4. The planet with the shortest day is Jupiter . . . it only takes the equivalent of 9.9 Earth hours for Jupiter to complete a full rotation.
5. Estelle Getty played Bea Arthur's mother on "The Golden Girls" . . . even though Estelle Getty was actually one year YOUNGER than Bea Arthur.
STUPID NEWS - 2 of 9
The 11 Most Popular Things to Do on Thanksgiving
HIGHLIGHTS: An extremely obvious new survey found the most popular things to do on Thanksgiving. The top five are: Visit family . . . shop . . . watch football . . . eat a special dinner . . . and take a nap.
FULL STORY: An incredibly obvious new survey looked at the 11 most popular things to do on Thanksgiving. Why 11 and not a top 10? You'll see why once we get there . . .
1. Visit family, 89%.
2. Go shopping, 68%.
3. Watch football, 67%.
4. Eat a special dinner, 66%.
5. Take a nap, 64%.
6. Watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, 54%.
7. Eat a special lunch, 52%.
8. Decorate for Christmas, 45%.
9. Spend time outdoors, 37%.
10. Eat a special breakfast, 25%.
11. And in last place by a large margin . . . volunteer, 4%.
STUPID NEWS - 3 of 9
Serving Thanksgiving For 10 People Should Only Cost You $49.41?
HIGHLIGHTS: The American Farm Bureau Federation just released their annual study on how much it should cost to serve Thanksgiving dinner for 10 people. And for turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, peas, milk, and pumpkin pie, it should cost you . . . $49.41, or less than $5 per person.
FULL STORY: Every year, the American Farm Bureau Federation releases a study on how much it should cost the average family to serve Thanksgiving dinner for the year. And every year, I'm like, "DAMN, can I shop at the grocery stores THEY shop at?"
So how much should it cost to serve 10 people a full Thanksgiving dinner in 2014? Only $49.41 . . . or less than $5 per person. That's up 37 cents from last year. Here's the breakdown . . .
A 16-pound turkey, $21.65.
14 ounces of stuffing, $2.54.
Three pounds of sweet potatoes, $3.56.
12 ounces of fresh cranberries, $2.34.
12 rolls, $2.17.
One pound of peas, $1.55.
One pound of carrots and celery, plus other miscellaneous ingredients, $4.30.
A gallon of milk, $3.76.
Two pie shells, 30 ounces of pumpkin pie mix, and a half pint of whipped cream, $7.54. (Fb.org)
STUPID NEWS - 4 of 9
Five New Stats on Thanksgiving Driving and Travel
HIGHLIGHTS: Here are a few new stats about Thanksgiving driving and traveling. More people are traveling this year for Thanksgiving than any year since 2007 . . . nine out of 10 people who travel go by car . . . and the worst time to try to drive out of town is between 3:00 and 5:00 P.M. on Wednesday.
FULL STORY: More people are traveling this year for Thanksgiving than any other year since 2007. That should be fun.
Here are five new stats on Thanksgiving driving and traveling in 2014 . . .
1. 46.3 million Americans will travel more than 50 miles from home this year. And about nine out of 10 will go by car.
2. The average person who travels on Thanksgiving will go 549 miles.
3. 16% of people say gas prices coming down have made them more likely to drive on Thanksgiving.
4. The worst time to try to drive out of town on Thanksgiving is between 3:00 and 5:00 P.M. on Wednesday. The best time is on Thanksgiving itself . . . it should have the lightest traffic of any day next week.
5. 42% of people wrap up Thanksgiving and travel home on Saturday . . . 22% go home on Friday.
STUPID NEWS - 5 of 9
One in Four Americans Will Work on Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's Day
HIGHLIGHTS: A new survey asked people how likely it is they'll work on Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's Day. And one out of four people say they'll DEFINITELY work at least one of those days. Another one out of 10 say it's somewhat likely.
FULL STORY: We know Americans get the fewest vacation days of any first world country . . . and we don't even take all of the meager vacation days we DO get.
But now we're ALSO a bunch of suckers who work on major HOLIDAYS too. 365-day work year, here we come.
A new survey asked people how likely it is that they'll work on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, or New Year's Day . . . and the numbers are MUCH higher than you'd think.
24% of people say they'll be working on at least one of those three days . . . and another 9% say it's somewhat likely. That means one out of every four people will work one of those holidays . . . and it could even go up to one in three.
But it's not ALL because The Man is holding us down . . . The Man is also giving us a chance to hold ourselves down and we're hopping on that opportunity.
Because of the people working on those holidays, 44% say they CHOSE to. The survey didn't have people say why they chose to work holidays, but we're thinking it's probably for the extra holiday pay. (National Journal)
STUPID NEWS - 6 of 9
Scientists Found a Gene That Makes You Bad at Relationships
HIGHLIGHTS: Researchers inChina have found a gene that makes you bad at relationships. 579 people were tested . . . 38% of them had the gene . . . and the ones who did were 20% more likely to still be single. As a bonus, the gene also makes you more likely to suffer from depression and be mentally unstable.
FULL STORY: You know all those failed relationships you've had, and how it was the OTHER person's fault every time? Yeah . . . turns out you might just be genetically predisposed to SUCK at relationships.
Researchers atPekingUniversityinChinarecently tested hair samples from 579 students. And the ones who had a certain version of a gene called 5-HTA1 were 20% more likely to still be single.
In other words, they found a gene that makes you bad at relationships. It's because the gene causes your brain to produce less serotonin. And when you have less of it, you're more likely to feel uncomfortable getting close to people and maintaining relationships.
They also factored in things like how much money people had, and how good-looking they were. But it didn't make a difference.
There's no way to tell which version of the gene you have without being tested. But if you can't seem to settle down, there's a pretty good chance you have the "bad at relationships" kind. 38% of the people in the study had that version of the gene.
STUPID NEWS - 7 of 9
The Higher a Woman's Heels, the More Attractive She Is to Men
HIGHLIGHTS: A new study found that the higher a woman's heels, the more attractive she is to men. Researchers found men are more likely to help a woman AND more likely to hit on a woman based on how high her heels are.
FULL STORY: Well this explains why strippers risk horrible ankle sprains and debilitating foot pain to wear 13-inch high heels every night.
A new study out ofFrancefound the higher a woman's heels, the more attractive she is to men.
The researchers had a 19-year-old woman stand on the street and ask men for help . . . once in flat shoes, once in two-inch heels, and once in three-and-a-half-inch heels. The higher the shoes, the more likely men were to stop.
In another test, they watched how many men at a bar approached a group of women in different sized heels . . . and men were much more likely to talk to the women when they were in higher heels.
The researchers say, quote, "The results showed that high heels were associated with greater sexiness, overall physical attractiveness, breast attractiveness, beauty, attractiveness to men, and willingness for a date."
STUPID NEWS - 8 of 9
And Now, Three New Things to Worry About
HIGHLIGHTS: Here are three new things to worry about. Eating sugar can make you more depressed, anxious, and worse at dealing with stress. Hand dryers spread more bacteria than paper towels. And being "skinny fat" can be more dangerous than being obese . . . because skinny fat people don't realize they might have problems.
FULL STORY: Here are three new things to worry about . . .
1. Sugar ruins your life. A new study fromEmoryUniversityinAtlantafound sugar
doesn't just make you gain weight.
It also makes you more depressed and anxious . . . makes your brain worse at responding to stress . . . and is linked to conditions from heart attacks to dementia. (Health Canal)
2. Hand dryers are worse than towels. A lot of bathrooms have switched to hand dryers . . . and that's good for the environment. But it might be bad for YOU.
Researchers at the Universityof Leedsin Englandfound hand dryers just spread germs around the bathroom. In fact, there are about 27 times more bacteria in the air around a hand dryer than around a stack of towels. (The Telegraph)
3. Being "skinny fat" is more dangerous than being obese. Researchers have found people who are "skinny fat" are in MORE danger for diseases than people who are obese.
It's because they don't THINK they have potential problems, so they don't get treatment or develop any healthy habits. (Daily Mail)
STUPID NEWS - 9 of 9
In-N-Out Burger and Panda Express Are Two of the 10 Healthiest Fast Food Chains in the U.S.?
HIGHLIGHTS: A new website ranked the big fast food chains by how HEALTHY they are . . . based on items under 700 calories containing fruits, nuts, and vegetables. The healthiest are Au Bon Pain . . . Rubio's . . . and Subway. The least healthy are Caribou Coffee . . . Checker's and Rally's . . . and Wienerschnitzel.
FULL STORY: Any trip to California HAS to include a stop at In-N-Out Burger . . . I think that might be a law. But good news . . . as you eat that cheeseburger smothered in special sauce, just know you're being HEALTHY.
A new website ranked the popular fast food chains in theU.S.by what percentage of their menu items are HEALTHY . . . which they define as being under 700 calories and containing a good amount of fruits, nuts, and vegetables.
That's a pretty generous definition of "healthy" . . . but I'm not sure anyone goes to a fast food restaurant thinking they're about to eat something enriching.
The top 10 healthiest fast food chains are: Au Bon Pain . . . Rubio's . . . Subway . . . Bruegger's Bagels . . . Cosi . . . Panera Bread . . . Jersey Mike's Subs . . . In-N-Out Burger . . . Panda Express . . . and El Pollo Loco.
The 10 least healthy are: Caribou Coffee . . . Checker's and Rally's . . . Wienerschnitzel . . . Peet's Coffee & Tea . . . Baskin Robbins . . . Pizza Hut . . . Cold Stone Creamery . . . Dunkin' Donuts . . . Domino's . . . and Dairy Queen.
There are several restaurants where they didn't have enough information to rank them, though . . . including places like Wendy's, Chick-fil-A, and Quiznos. (LiveScience / Grellin) (You can see info for every restaurant here.)
STUPID CRIMINALS - 1 of 3
A Guy Tries to Rob a Store Using a Photo of a Gun
HIGHLIGHTS: A 34-year-old guy inEngland tried to rob a grocery store last week by whipping out a PICTURE of a gun. The employees weren't particularly intimidated and stalled the guy while they called the cops, and he was arrested.
FULL STORY: A 34-year-old man went into a grocery store inCambridge,England last week . . . walked up to the staff . . . told them he was robbing the place . . . and threatened to kill them if they didn't give him the money.
And then, he whipped out his gun. Well . . . not exactly.
He actually whipped out a PICTURE of a gun.
The employees weren't QUITE as intimidated by a picture of a gun as they would've been by a gun itself . . . although he could've probably given one or two of them NASTY paper cuts. So they stalled the guy while they called the cops.
Police rushed to the store and arrested the guy for making threats to kill.
STUPID CRIMINALS - 2 of 3
A Janitor Tries to Hide That He Was Looking at Porn on a Library Computer by Stealing It
HIGHLIGHTS: A 43-year-old janitor inIowa was cleaning a public library a few weeks ago, and stopped to look at PORN on one of their computers. But then he panicked . . . and wound up STEALING the computer and destroying it. The police easily traced it back to him, and he's been charged with theft.
FULL STORY: Almost all public libraries have computers with Internet connections that anyone can come in and use. And you know what THAT means: Every library computer has been used to watch porn, porn, porn.
43-year-old Billy Matiyabo is a janitor for the city ofCoralville,Iowa. He was working the overnight shift a few weeks ago, and was assigned to clean the public library.
And while he was in there, he stopped and checked out some porn on one of the computers.
But about an hour later, he panicked about getting caught . . . went BACK into the library . . . STOLE the computer . . . then DESTROYED it.
The police easily traced it back to him, since he swiped his keycard to get into the library. He confessed . . . and told the cops he'd stolen the computer because he looked at, quote, "inappropriate material" on it.
He was arrested and charged with third-degree theft . . . and could get up to two years in prison.
STUPID CRIMINALS - 3 of 3
A Couple Leaves a Strip Club and Starts Doing It in Their Car . . . in Front of a Jail
HIGHLIGHTS: A couple inSpringfield,Oregon left a strip club around 5:45 P.M. on Sunday, and started getting-it-on in their car . . . in plain view of passing cars, while parked directly in front of the local JAIL. They're both facing charges for indecent exposure and disorderly conduct.
FULL STORY: On Sunday, 24-year-old Kelli Knutson and 33-year-old Logan Jackson were leaving a strip club inSpringfield,Oregon. And apparently all the stripping they'd seen got them so worked up, they couldn't wait to get HOME to ravage each other.
So they walked across the street, and started going at it in their CAR . . . at 5:45 P.M. . . . in clear view of passing cars . . . while parked directly in front of the local JAIL.
Eventually someone reported it to the police, because it was holding up traffic. Apparently people were slowing down to watch them, and it caused a small traffic jam. Both of them are now facing charges for indecent exposure and disorderly conduct.
With that said, it sounds like Springfield ISN'T the worst place to go when you want to make sweet, sweet love in the back of your '98 Nissan Sentra.
One of the cops explained that USUALLY when they catch people, they just ask them to go park somewhere no one can see them. But in this case, they had to arrest them because it was so blatant. (KVAL) (Check out their mugshots here.)
BIRTHDAYS - 1 of 3
The country pop duo Megan and Liz are 22. They're fraternal twin sisters.
Carly Rae Jepsen is 29.
Jena Malone is 30. Johanna Mason in the "Hunger Games" sequels. More importantly, she was Jake Gyllenhaal's girlfriend in "Donnie Darko".
You may also remember her from the horror movie "The Ruins". She's the chick who threw the vine at the boy, causing the other Mayans to turn on him and kill him. She's also the only one to escape the ruins alive.
(Check her out TOPLESS in some short flick she did at this link.)
Rain Phoenix is 42. Sister of Joaquin and the late River Phoenix. She sings for a band called Paper Cranes. You can check out their sound on MySpace.
Michael Strahan is 43. Broke the NFL record for sacks in a season when Brett Favre laid down in front of him, co-hosts "Live! with Kelly and Michael". His longtime girlfriend Nicole Murphy, ex-wife of Eddie, dumped him just before his NFL Hall of Fame induction this summer.
Ken Griffey Jr. is 45. Mantastic retired Major League Baseball slugger.
Troy Aikman is 48. Dallas Cowboys quarterbacking legend, now an NFL commentator.
BIRTHDAYS - 2 of 3
Björk is 49. Oddly fascinating Icelandic minx. In Icelandic, Bjork means "a birch tree". Biggest albums: 1993's "Debut", featuring "Big Time Sensuality" and "Human Behaviour"; and 1995's "Post", with "Hyper-Ballad".
Alexander Siddig is 49. Dr. Bashir on "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine". He'll be joining the cast of "Game of Thrones" as Doran Martell next season.
Nicollette Sheridan is 51. Former "Desperate Housewives" minx. She WAS engaged to Michael Bolton, but like a fool, she let him go. She also used to get nailed by both Harry Hamlin and SCOTT BAIO!
Lonnie Jordan is 66. Singer and keyboardist for WAR. Some of their greatest hits include "The World Is a Ghetto", "The Cisco Kid", "Why Can't We Be Friends" and every es-say's favorite, "Low Rider".
GOLDIE HAWN is 69. Minx. Kate Hudson emerged from her gorgeous nudist uterus. And Kurt Russell gets to nail her ANY TIME HE WANTS TO!
Juliet Mills is 73. The HOT little nanny, Phoebe Figalilly, on "Nanny & The Professor"!
BIRTHDAYS - 3 of 3
Dr. John is 74. A New Orleans ORIGINAL. Biggest hit: The 1973 classic "In the Right Place". His 2012 album, "Locked Down", is a collaboration with Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys, and it's BRILLIANT. He also performed the theme song from the groundbreaking TV classic, "Blossom"! In my opinionation, Dr. John RULES!
Related Comedy: Dr. John turns 74 today. He's one of those guys who calls himself "doctor" even though he has no medical knowledge. Like Dr. Hook, Dr. Dre and Dr. Conrad Murray.
Marlo Thomas is 77. "That Girl" . . . and Rachel's mom on "Friends". Silver fox Phil Donahue nails her. Hard. And so would I. In a heartbeat.
Harold Ramis would have been 70. (1944 - 2014) Writer-director of "Caddyshack" and "Groundhog Day" . . . co-writer of "Animal House", "Stripes", "Back to School", and "Meatballs" . . . and co-writer and STAR of "Ghostbusters"! The youngsters would recognize him as Seth Rogen's dad in "Knocked Up".
Stan "The Man" Musial (1920 - 2013) Baseball Hall of Famer.
(You can view Saturday's birthdays here.)
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 6 days to Thanksgiving Day
• 26 days to the third "Hobbit" movie
• 34 shopping days to Christmas
• 41 days to the New Year
• 85 days to Valentine's Day
• 791 days left of "Hope and Change"
NOVEMBER 21st - BACK IN THE DAY - 1 of 2
137 years ago . . . In 1877, THOMAS EDISON announced his newest invention: A hand-cranked foil cylinder PHONOGRAPH, which he dubbed a "talking machine". The first thing recorded? "Mary Had a Little Lamb".
(Philosophical Question of the Day: To what extent is Thomas Edison ultimately responsible for the success of Taylor Swift?, and if you could, would you go back in time and prevent him from being born because of it?)
72 years ago . . . In 1942, TWEETY BIRD debuted in the Warner Brothers cartoon "A Tale of Two Kitties".
51 years ago . . . In 1963, President JOHN F. KENNEDY and his wife, Jackie, arrived in San Antonio, Texas, to start their two-day tour of the state . . . which would end with a sniper's bullet in Dallas.
38 years ago . . . In 1976, the first "Rocky" was released!
34 years ago . . . In 1980, DON HENLEY was arrested in Los Angeles after paramedics treated a NUDE 16-YEAR-OLD GIRL suffering from drug intoxication at his home.
Henleywas charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, cocaine and Quaaludes . . . and with contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
34 years ago . . . In 1980, an estimated 83 MEEEEELLION TV viewers tuned in to "Dallas" to find out "WHO SHOT J.R.?" The payoff was a pretty big letdown. It turned out to be the relatively minor character Kristin Shepard, played by hairy-lipped minx Mary Crosby.
33 years ago . . . In 1981, OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN started the first of 10 weeks at the tip-top of the singles chart with "Physical".
NOVEMBER 21st - BACK IN THE DAY - 2 of 2
24 years ago . . . In 1990, MICK JAGGER "married" his girlfriend of 10 years, JERRY HALL, on theisland ofBali. Mick had that sham of a marriage annulled in August of 1999. Mick Jagger has nailed over 7,000 women, ya know.
22 years ago . . . In 1992, ALICE COOPER kept it VERY real! He helped raise $11,300 at the garage sale of aRiverside,California, fan . . . who was facing foreclosure on his home. The man gotAlice's attention after he painted a picture of Alice Cooper on the side of his about-to-be-foreclosed home.
21 years ago . . . In 1993, the great BILL BIXBY, whose three-decade career included starring roles in "My Favorite Martian", "The Courtship of Eddie's Father" and, most importantly, "THE INCREDIBLE HULK", died of cancer at the age of 59.
19 years ago . . . In 1995, TUPAC SHAKUR and THA DOGG POUND passed out 2,000 turkeys inLos Angeles.
19 years ago . . . In 1995, GREEN DAY singer BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG was arrested for dropping his pants at a concert inMilwaukee. He was fined $141.
19 years ago . . . In 1995, DISNEY released the first entirely computer-animated movie . . . "TOY STORY".
15 years ago . . . In 1999, PRESIDENT CLINTON, speaking at a conference in Florence, Italy, called on prosperous nations to spread global wealth by helping poor countries with debt relief, small loans, Internet hookups and cell phones. SOCIALIST!
Four years ago . . . In 2010, JIMMIE JOHNSON won his fifth straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. He is the only driver to accomplish that feat.
SATURDAY BIRTHDAYS - 1 of 2
Scarlett Johansson is 30. Gorgeous, husky-voiced minx who plays the Black Widow in "The Avengers". She calls the contents of her bra "HER GIRLS". And we all got to see them after her phone was hacked and nude photos hit the Internet.
Mark Ruffalo is 47. He is the Hulk's alter-ego, Bruce Banner, in "The Avengers".
Ruffalo also plays Channing Tatum's brother in the Olympic wrestling thriller "Foxcatcher", Leonardo DiCaprio's partner in "Shutter Island", the detective in "Collateral", and Inspector David Toschi in "Zodiac".
Candice Glover is 25. Season 12 "American Idol" winner you've already forgotten about.
Jamie Campbell Bower is 26. Gellert Grindelwald in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" and Caius Volturi in the "Twilight" movies.
Oscar Pistorius is 28. South African runner WITH NO LEGS who made history by competing against able-bodied runners at the 2012 Olympics. Now he's serving a five-year prison sentence for killing his girlfriend.
Karen O. is 36. Sexy singer for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. She also composed nearly all the songs for the "Where the Wild Things Are" soundtrack.
Michael K. Williams is 48. Omar on "The Wire"; Chalky on "Boardwalk Empire".
Mads Mikkelsen is 49. Everyone's favorite cannibal on NBC's "Hannibal".
MARIEL HEMINGWAY is 53. She had her implants removed after one burst.
SATURDAY BIRTHDAYS - 2 of 2
Mattress actress Victoria Paris is 54. She's starred in 208 fine films including "The Breast Things in Life Are Free", "Who Reamed Rosie Rabbit?", "Beaver Juice", "Snatched to the Future", "Miracle on 69th Street", AND "Ready, Willing and Anal"!
JAMIE LEE CURTIS is 56. Ample-bosomed MILF. Now she pimps yogurt.
Steven Van Zandt is 64. E Street Band guitarist and Silvio on "The Sopranos".
Tina Weymouth is 64. Bassist for the Talking Heads and Tom Tom Club.
BILLIE JEAN KING! is 71. LESBIAN-CHESTED MINX.
Terry Gilliam is 74. "Monty Python" writer and animator. He's also directed some truly BRILLIANT movies, including "Time Bandits", "Brazil", "Twelve Monkeys", "Tideland" and parts of Monty Python's "Holy Grail" and "Meaning of Life".
Robert Vaughn is 82. Super-spy Napoleon Solo in "The Man from U.N.C.L.E.". Henry Cavill from the new Superman movies is taking over as Napoleon Solo in next year's remake.
You'd also know Robert Vaughn as con artist Albert Stroller on the BBC series "Hustle" . . . General Stockwell on "The A-Team" . . . and THE EVIL DICK LECTER IN "POOTIE TANG"!
Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004) Master of the TRIPLE LINDY.
(Rodney really never "made it" in showbiz until he was in his 40s . . . which was in the 1960s. And it took him 20 years more to become a household name. Persistence pays off, young Jedis.)
SUNDAY BIRTHDAYS - 1 of 2
Miley Cyrus is 22. All-American girl who loves to sing, stick out her tongue, show her body, smoke cigarettes and get LEGALLY high.
Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi is 27. "Jersey Shore" harlot and now a mother. That's right. Miley and Snooki share the same birthday. I think that explains a lot.
Lucas Grabeel is 30. He was Ryan Evans, one of the main characters in the "High School Musical" films. But these days he's been reduced to starring in films like "The Dancing Ninja" with David Hasselhoff. His career is effectively over.
Ricky Whittle is 33. Mantastic post-apocalyptic survivor on "The 100". He's the 'grounder' who falls in love with Octavia and betrays his tribe to keep her alive.
Kelly Brook is 35. She floated under the radar for years, but after doing both "Playboy" and "Piranha 3D", her raw natural talent(s) can no longer be denied.
(Here's another look at the Funny Or Die video in which Kelly and the rest of the "Piranha" cast mockingly campaign for an Oscar.)
Kurupt is 42. Young urban troubadour from Tha Dogg Pound . . . a.k.a. Kalhoon, a.k.a. The Kingpin, a.k.a. Young Gotti.
Chris Hardwick is 43. Host of the "Walking Dead" recap show "Talking Dead" and Comedy Central's "@midnight". He also hosted "Singled Out" in the '90s.
Salli Richardson-Whitfield is 47. Sexy interracial "Eureka" minx.
John Henton is 54. Milsap on "The Hughleys" and Overton on "Living Single".
SUNDAY BIRTHDAYS - 2 of 2
BRUCE HORNSBY is 60. Pianist and singer with Bruce Hornsby and the Range . . . who had the 1985 hit, "The Way It Is", from their album of the same name. The album also featured "Mandolin Rain" and "Every Little Kiss".
BRUCE VILANCH! is 66. Bizarre celebrity, writes most of the HORRIBLE awards show banter. He was a regular on "Hollywood Squares" and looks like a Muppet. He also lost a succulent 20 pounds on "Celebrity Fit Club 3".
STEVE LANDESBERG! (1936 - 2010) Detective Dietrich on "Barney Miller"!
Billy The Kid (1859 - 1881) Legendary outlaw. Real Name: William H. Bonney.
Michael Gough (1916 - 2011) He was Alfred for Michael Keaton's "Batman". He was also Alfred for Val Kilmer and George Clooney, but I try very hard not to dwell on that.
Boris Karloff (1887 - 1969) Horror LEGEND. Real Name: William H. Pratt. "The Bride of Frankenstein" is 75 years old, and still one of the greatest horror films of all time. "We belong dead!"
Your kids know Boris Karloff best as the narrator of "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" . . . But he did NOT sing "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch". That was the late Thurl Ravenscroft . . . who was also the voice of Tony the Tiger.)
Harpo Marx (1888 - 1964) Marx Brothers legend. Real Name: Adolph Marx.