Your daily dose of Whatever!
SHOWBIZ HIGHLIGHTS - 1 of 5
1. iTunes released their lists of the Best Selling Singles and Best Selling Albums of the Year. Pharrell's "Happy" was the most popular song . . . and the "Frozen" soundtrack was the most downloaded album. As usual, iTunes didn't release any specific sales numbers, just the ranking. (Full Story)
2. iTunes (also) put out a list of THEIR favorite music, movies, and apps. Beyoncé was named Best Artist . . . the Best Album is Taylor Swift's "1989" . . . Iggy Azalea's "Fancy" is the Best Song. Their Best Blockbuster Movie is "Guardians of the Galaxy" . . . the Best Family Movie is "The Lego Movie" . . . and the TV Show of the Year is FX's "Fargo". (Full Story)
3. The site Metacritic.com took 15 different "Best Movies of the Year" lists and COMBINED them to create an overall list of the year's best movies. In the end, the Richard Linklater coming-of-age movie "Boyhood" is sitting at #1. (Full Story)
4. IMDb.com released its annual list of "The Top Stars of the Year" . . . and for the first time ever, the Top 10 is filled entirely with WOMEN. The ranking is determined by how many page views an actor gets. And this year, Shailene Woodley is #1, followed by Jennifer Lawrence, who topped the list last year. (Full Story)
5. AFI released their lists of the year's top movies and TV shows. Their favorite movies include: "Foxcatcher", "Interstellar", "Into the Woods", "Nightcrawler", and "Unbroken". And their favorite shows include: "How to Get Away with Murder", "The Knick", "Silicon Valley", and "Transparent". (Full Story)
SHOWBIZ HIGHLIGHTS - 2 of 5
6. Other Random Year-End Lists: Best TV Shows, Best Albums, Worst Movies, and the Most Bootlicious Moments
7. LEONARDO DICAPRIO was partying at a club in Miami on Saturday night, and when he left, he took 20 WOMEN with him. A source says, quote, "He left with 20 girls. Leo and 20 girls. He is my hero." (Full Story)
8. TAYLOR SWIFT has a message for all of us who've been making sport of her alleged love life. She Tweeted, quote, "As my 25th birthday present from the media, I'd like for you to stop accusing all my friends of dating me. #thirsty" Taylor's birthday is Saturday. (Full Story)
9. Not trying to suggest anything here, but sources say TAYLOR LAUTNER hit up two gay bars in West Hollywood on Thursday night. A witness says he was trying to be incognito, and he actually ended up leaving one place because too many people were approaching him. (Full Story)
10. (Careful!) At the taping of the "Victoria's Secret Fashion Show", ARIANA GRANDE joked to ED SHEERAN that she loves, quote, "big black balls." Of course, she's dating BIG SEAN, so it probably wasn't a joke. (Full Story)
SHOWBIZ HIGHLIGHTS - 3 of 5
11. KATE HUDSON and MUSE singer MATT BELLAMY have called off their engagement. They had been together for four years, and have a 3-year-old son named Bingham. (Full Story)
13. DIDDY beat up DRAKE outside a Miami nightclub. Sources say it was over Drake using some of his music without permission. Two sources said Drake went to the HOSPITAL, possibly with a dislocated shoulder. (Full Story)
14. Boxer FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR. witnessed a murder-suicide on FaceTime yesterday morning. His friend, a rapper named EARL HAYES, shot and killed his actress-wife STEPHANIE MOSELEY, before turning the gun on himself. When it happened, Floyd was on FaceTime with Hayes, begging him to calm down. It's not clear what Floyd actually saw, but he definitely heard the whole thing. (Full Story)
15. A British tabloid reported that the owner of GRUMPY CAT has made $100 MILLION off the cat in just TWO YEARS. But apparently that's not true. Tabatha Bundesen calls that number, quote, "completely inaccurate." (Full Story)
SHOWBIZ HIGHLIGHTS - 4 of 5
16. Actor KEN WEATHERWAX died Sunday after suffering a heart attack. He was 59 years old. Ken played Pugsley on the original "Addams Family" TV show that ran on ABC from 1964 to 1966. (Full Story)
17. GEORGE LUCAS hasn't seen the trailer for "Star Wars: Episode 7 - The Force Awakens". And it doesn't sound like he's going to. He says, quote, "I don't know anything about it. I haven't seen it yet. I like going to the movies and watching the whole thing there. I plan to see it when it's released." (Full Story)
18. The Japanese studio that made all the original "Godzilla" movies is making another one. It'll be out in 2016. But it'll probably be computer-animated like the American one. Meanwhile the sequel to the American version is due out in 2018. (Full Story)
19. The Discovery Channel is making excuses for the fact that a man did NOT get eaten alive by an anaconda on Sunday's "Eaten Alive" special. They said the real purpose of the show was to, quote, "maximum attention for one of the most beautiful and threatened parts of the world, the Amazon Rainforest and its wildlife." (Full Story)
20. CHARLIE SHEEN says one person is standing in the way of him returning to "Two and a Half Men" . . . the show's creator, Chuck Lorre. He adds, quote, "I got clearance from the whole cast . . . [and] all the suits. If it doesn't happen, it's a crime against entertainment humanity." (???) (Full Story)
SHOWBIZ HIGHLIGHTS - 5 of 5
23. Urban Quick Hits: 50 Cent, Ghostface Killah, and Azealia Banks
24. MIRANDA LAMBERT says insecurities are the reason she dropped those 20 pounds: Quote, "When you have to walk out there in front of thousands of people, it does feel good to know that your [stuff's] not jiggling. I'm just like anybody else, insecure and scared of looking bad or being criticized." (Full Story)
25. JASON ALDEAN has tried acting, and he may do more . . . but only if it doesn't get in the way of his music. Quote, "If I have to pick between making a movie or go out and play music, I'm picking go out and play music, period. Acting is something I'll probably do more of, it's just a matter of finding the time." (Full Story)
SHOWBIZ SEXY - 1 of 4
Did Leonardo DiCaprio Really Leave a Miami Club With 20 Women?
HIGHLIGHTS: LEONARDO DICAPRIO was partying at a club in Miami on Saturday night, and when he left, he took 20 WOMEN with him. A source says, quote, "He left with 20 girls. Leo and 20 girls. He is my hero."
FULL STORY: Miami was the place to be last week. There were parties all over the place thanks to some big art show. MILEY CYRUS was there performing in pasties, dancing with strippers and making out with PARIS HILTON.
And USHER charged his cell phone in a woman's FUN CAVE. (WARNING!!! What you find at this link is NOT SAFE FOR WORK.)
Well, LEONARDO DICAPRIO was still partying inMiami on Saturday night . . . and he left a club with enough women to charge almost TWO DOZEN CELL PHONES. A witness said, quote, "He left with 20 girls. Leo and 20 girls. He is my hero."
There were other dudes at the club, but it sounds like they couldn't hang. Especially JOE JONAS. The witness says, quote, "Jonas looked scared, like he was going to drown and suffocate in the women. His face was hilarious."
SHOWBIZ SEXY - 2 of 4
Taylor Swift Would Like Us to Stop Assuming She's Nailing All Her Friends
As fun as it is, you have to admit the whole "TAYLOR SWIFT gets around" thing has really gotten out of control. I mean, now we're accusing her of having sex with all her FEMALE friends, too.
Thanks to some very suspect pictures and video, people were suggesting that Taylor was making out with Victoria's Secret model KARLIE KLOSS at a concert last week.
Well, Taylorhas a message for all of us who've been making sport of her alleged love life. She Tweeted, quote, "As my 25th birthday present from the media, I'd like for you to stop accusing all my friends of dating me. #thirsty" (Taylor's birthday is Saturday.)
Taylor Lautner Was At Two Gay Bars Last Week
Not trying to suggest anything here, but sources say TAYLOR LAUTNER hit up two gay bars inWest Hollywood on Thursday night. First he showed up at The Abbey, then he moved to the Mother Lode, which is next door.
A witness says he was trying to be incognito, and he actually ended up leaving the Mother Lode because too many people were approaching him.
At The Abbey, he took a picture with a guy, who later posted it, along with the hashtag, "Hot straight guy." (Was he just COVERING for Taylor? Discuss.)
SHOWBIZ SEXY - 3 of 4
(NC-17) Ariana Grande told Ed Sheeran She Loves Big, Black Balls
ARIANA GRANDE knows what she likes, and she's not afraid to tell anybody. ED SHEERAN found that out during the taping of the "Victoria's Secret Fashion Show".
(Careful!) Ed says, quote, "There were all these big inflatable bouncy black balls that are bouncing around in the crowd on the finale bit. Ariana Grande comes and stands up next to me and just looks at me and goes, 'I love big black balls.'"
He added, quote, "In my head I was like, 'If she knows what that means, then I love her, and if she doesn't know what that means, it's even better!"
(OF COURSE she knew what that meant. She's dating BIG SEAN. This comment was VERY deliberate. Check out a pic of Ariana's smug face and Ed's goofy grin at the fashion show here.)
Kate Hudson and Matt Bellamy Have Called Things Off
KATE HUDSON and MUSE singer MATT BELLAMY have called off their engagement. And everything else for that matter. They had been together for four years, and have a 3-year-old son named Bingham.
Kate's rep says, quote, "Kate and Matt have been separated for some time now. Despite this, they remain very close friends and committed co-parents."
SHOWBIZ SEXY - 4 of 4
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. When EVA LONGORIA puts on a bikini, everything else in my world gets put on hold for a few minutes.
2. Anybody remember NICKY HILTON? She's still around. She even wears bikinis.
3. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE brought his grandmother to a Memphis Grizzlies game.
4. Here's KENDALL JENNER rubbing her nasty crotch all over St. Nicholas.
6. Here's KIM KARDASHIAN showing off her skinny waist.
7. Apparently this is a new fad: 26-year-old "Girls" actress ZOSIA MAMET dyed her hair gray.
8. Just in case you've ever wanted to see DAVID HASSELHOFF wearing a beard hat.
SHOWBIZ NONSENSE - 1 of 3
Diddy Beat Up Drake Outside a Miami Nightclub
HIGHLIGHTS: DIDDY beat up DRAKE outside a Miami nightclub. Sources say it was over Drake using some of his music without permission. Two sources said Drake went to the HOSPITAL, possibly with a dislocated shoulder.
FULL STORY: DIDDY apparently put a pretty serious hurtin' on DRAKE outside a Miami nightclub called Liv on Sunday night. Some people are saying it happened because Drake said something nasty to Diddy's girlfriend CASSIE.
But it sounds like it was actually about money. A source says, quote, "Diddy claimed that Drake was using music without the proper rights."
Whatever the case, Diddy picked up the "W". A source says, quote, "Drake definitely got the [crap] kicked out of him. I heard they were taking him to the hospital."
A second source also claims Drake went to the hospital, claiming it was for a separated shoulder. Diddy is 45 . . . Drake is 28.
Beef between Diddy and Drake might go back to last February, when they were performing during NBA All-Star Weekend.
As you may recall, Drake's microphone crapped out on him, so he yanked Diddy's mic right out of his hand, and dropped his own to the ground.
So Diddy, not knowing what was going on, bent down and picked up Drake's microphone LIKE A DOPE, and started trying to sing into it.
(Here's video. WARNING!!! Bleeped profanity.)
SHOWBIZ NONSENSE - 2 of 3
Floyd Mayweather Jr. Witnessed a Murder-Suicide on FaceTime
HIGHLIGHTS: Boxer FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR. witnessed a murder-suicide on FaceTime yesterday morning. His friend, a rapper named EARL HAYES, shot and killed his actress-wife STEPHANIE MOSELEY, before turning the gun on himself. When it happened, Floyd was on FaceTime with Hayes, begging him to calm down. It's not clear what Floyd actually saw, but he definitely heard the whole thing.
FULL STORY: A rapper named EARL HAYES shot and killed his wife yesterday morning before turning the gun on himself . . . and boxer FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR. witnessed it on FaceTime.
Hayes was a member of Mayweather's "Money Team". His wife, STEPHANIE MOSELEY, was a dancer and actress who was on the VH1 drama "Hit the Floor" at the time of her death.
According to TMZ, Earl FaceTimed Floyd in a rage, claiming Stephanie had been unfaithful. He was threatening to kill her, and Floyd was begging him to calm down. It didn't work.
Floyd won't say how much he actually saw, but he admits that he heard everything. Sources say he's pretty shaken up, obviously, and having trouble dealing with this.
SHOWBIZ NONSENSE - 3 of 3
Pugsley from the Original "Addams Family" Has Died
Actor KEN WEATHERWAX died Sunday after suffering a heart attack. He was 59 years old. Ken played Pugsley on the original "Addams Family" TV show that ran on ABC from 1964 to 1966.
In an interview several years ago, Ken said he was teased about playing Pugsley, and was, quote, "kicked out of, like, six or seven schools." He went into the Army at the age of 17, and later returned to Hollywoodas a set builder. (Here's a brief clip from the show.)
The Owner of Grumpy Cat Has Not Made $100 Million in Two Years
A British tabloid reported that the owner of GRUMPY CAT has made $100 MILLION off the cat in just TWO YEARS. But apparently that's not true.
Tabatha Bundesen calls that number, quote, "completely inaccurate." But she added that she was able to quit her job as a waitress within DAYS of the cat's first appearance on social media, and her phone hasn't stopped ringing since.
We supposed it's possible the cat has GENERATED $100 million in revenue, but not just for her owner. (FYI: Grumpy Cat has a REAL name. Do you know what it is? TARDAR SAUCE.)
MOVIE QUICK HITS
George Lucas Won't Watch the New "Star Wars" Trailer
GEORGE LUCAS hasn't seen the trailer for "Star Wars: Episode 7 - The Force Awakens". And it doesn't sound like he's going to.
He says, quote, "I don't know anything about it. I haven't seen it yet. I like going to the movies and watching the whole thing there. I plan to see it when it's released."
Japan is Making Another "Godzilla" Movie . . . But It'll Probably Be Computer-Animated Like the American One
Thanks to the success of this year's American "Godzilla" flick, the Japanese are jumping back into the franchise.
Toho Studios . . . Godzilla's home since his debut in 1954 . . . will release a new one in 2016. It'll be the first Japanese Godzilla movie since "Godzilla: Final Wars" in 2004. A sequel to the American "Godzilla" is due out in 2018.
If you're a fan of the O.G., I have bad news for you: It's being reported thatJapan's new Godzilla will NOT be a man in a rubber suit. He'll be computer-animated like the American version.
TV QUICK HITS - 1 of 2
Discovery Tries to Deny Its Bogus Show About a Guy Getting Eaten Alive by an Anaconda Was a Rip-Off
HIGHLIGHTS: The Discovery Channel is making excuses for the fact that a man did NOT get eaten alive by an anaconda on Sunday's "Eaten Alive" special. They said the real purpose of the show was to attract, quote, "maximum attention for one of the most beautiful and threatened parts of the world, the Amazon Rainforest and its wildlife."
FULL STORY: If you watched the Discovery Channel special "Eaten Alive" Sunday night, then you know it was a TOTAL RIP-OFF.
Wildlife expert Paul Rosolie was supposed to be SWALLOWED WHOLE by an anaconda while wearing a "snake-proof suit" . . . but he tapped out before the snake had even gotten past the top of his head, because it was crushing his arm.
Well, the stunt was pre-taped, so Discovery KNEW FULL WELL that it was a BUST. They didn't let on, obviously, and the special attracted 4.1 million viewers. That's the biggest audience for a nature documentary on Discovery in four years.
Yesterday, Discovery went into damage control mode, saying the point of the show was to attract, quote, "maximum attention for one of the most beautiful and threatened parts of the world, the Amazon Rainforest and its wildlife."
They also said Paul fully intended to be eaten, but he would have risked serious injury if he went any further.
Of course, they're still not apologizing for the fact that they knew full well the show wouldn't deliver on its promise, and they aired it anyway, without telling anybody.
TV QUICK HITS - 2 of 2
Charlie Sheen Says Chuck Lorre Is the Only Person Standing in the Way of Him Returning to "Two and a Half Men"
CHARLIE SHEEN recently said he wanted to return for the final episode of "Two and a Half Men" as a "tip of the hat to the fans." Now, he says ONE person is standing in the way: The show's creator Chuck Lorre.
Charlie told the paparazzi, quote, "I got clearance from the whole cast . . . [and] all the suits. There's one guy who's blocking it, [Chuck Lorre]. If it doesn't happen, it's a crime against entertainment humanity. (???)
"That's on you Chuck, if you don't let it happen. Do the right thing, Chuck. Get out of your own way . . . oh wait, that's impossible." (You can find video, here.)
(That's NOTHING compared to what Charlie said to him when he was being booted from the show . . . but even still, Chuck will probably take offense, and it'll never happen. That is, assuming anyone even cares anymore.)
Tuesday TV Reminders:
• "The Voice" results . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on NBC. The final three are revealed.
• "The Flash" . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on the CW. The Flash faces the Reverse Flash . . . who killed his mother.
• The second season premiere of the TBS sitcom "Ground Floor" at 10:00 P.M. It stars the guy from "PItch Perfect" as a successful banker who hooks up with a hot blonde . . . and then finds out she works in his building's maintenance department.
• The SERIES FINALE of "Sons of Anarchy" . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on FX.
TODAY ON TV TALK SHOWS
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" - Ricky Gervais, Steven Van Zandt, and ILoveMakonnen.
• "Late Night with Seth Meyers" - Rosario Dawson, Eugenio Derbez from "Anger Management", country singer Sturgill Simpson, and Bob Mould.
• "Letterman" - Ben Stiller, Olivia Munn, and LaLa Brooks.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - ESPN's Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit, and the band Priory.
• "Carson Daly" - Rivers Cuomo, Weezer, and Shawn Christensen.
• "Conan" - The Tune-Yards.
• "Craig Ferguson" - Michael Sheen from Showtime's "Masters of Sex".
• "Jon Stewart" - Director Kathryn Bigelow, and terrorism expert Juan Zarate.
• "The Colbert Report" - James Corden, the guy who'll be taking over "The Late Late Show" after Craig Ferguson retires.
NEW MUSIC AND DVDS - 1 of 2
"Guardians of the Galaxy" is on DVD and "Anchorman 2" is on Netflix
Here's what's new on DVD today:
• "Guardians of the Galaxy" . . . Chris Pratt, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Zoe Saldana, and rassler David Bautista are criminals who bond in an alien prison and become reluctant heroes to save the universe.
• "Dolphin Tale 2" . . . starring Harry Connick Jr., Ashley Judd, and Morgan Freeman try to get Winter, the dolphin with the prosthetic tail, to bond with a young female dolphin so the government won't take him away.
• "When the Game Stands Tall" . . . starring Jim Cavaziel from "Person of Interest" as a high school football coach whose 151 game winning streak comes to an abrupt end after 12 years. Michael Chiklis is his assistant coach.
Plus: The second season of "Under the Dome" . . . the eighth season of "Doctor Who" . . . and the fourth season of "Mork and Mindy", the one where they get married.
And here's what's new in the past week to Netflix Instant Streaming:
• "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues" . . . Will Ferrell reassembles his old team to work for a 24-hour news channel.
• "Sharknado 2" . . . the Syfy masterpiece starring Ian Ziering and Tara Reid.
• "Oculus" . . . A supernatural horror flick about a brother and sister trying to destroy an evil mirror responsible for their parents' deaths when they were kids. It stars "Doctor Who" minx Karen Gillan, who was the female villain in "Guardians of the Galaxy".
• "American Horror Story: Coven" . . . which was the show's third season.
NEW MUSIC AND DVDS - 2 of 2
New CDs from Smashing Pumpkins, Ghostface, K. Michelle, and Johnny Gill
• "2014 Forest Hills Drive", J. Cole. The title's the address of his childhood home inFayetteville,North Carolina. It was foreclosed shortly after he graduated high school in 2003, but he was finally able to buy it back earlier this year.
• "Monuments to an Elegy", Smashing Pumpkins. Aside from Billy Corgan, the only other official member of the band at this point is guitarist Jeff Schroeder. Tommy Lee from Motley Crue plays drums on all nine tracks.
• "Silent So Long", Emigrate . . . a side project for Rammstein guitarist Richard Kruspe. His guest singers include Lemmy from Motorhead, Marilyn Manson, Peaches, and Jonathan Davis from Korn.
• "Berkeley to Bakersfield", alt rockers Cracker. It's a California-themed double album.
• "Thirteen", the melodic rock band Harem Scarem
• "Anybody Wanna Buy a Heart", K. Michelle, who you'd remember from two seasons of "Love & Hip-Hop: Atlanta". It includes a song called "Drake Would Love Me".
• "Game Changer", Johnny Gill from New Edition
• "Prhyme", PRhyme . . . A collaboration of DJ Premier and Royce Da 5'9. This is their debut album together. Guests include: Common, Schoolboy Q, and Jay Electronica.
• "36 Seasons", Ghostface Killah . . . Like his last album, "Twelve Reasons to Die", this is a concept album about a fictional character, Tony Starks.
• "Greatest Hits: Decade #1", Carrie Underwood. A two-disc set that includes "Something in the Water", which just scored a Grammy nomination.
MUSIC QUICK HITS
Urban Quick Hits: 50 Cent, Ghostface Killah, and Azealia Banks
1. 50 CENT has been criticized for making homophobic remarks in the past, not to mention the gay slurs he's used in his lyrics. But he might be coming around.
50 performed at CYNDI LAUPER'S annual "Home for the Holidays" concert last weekend. The benefit raises awareness for LGBT youth homelessness.
Cyndi says, quote, "50, God bless him . . . he's a good guy. People evolve. That's what you have to leave yourself open for. You change the world when you change your mind."
2. GHOSTFACE KILLAH says he gave up smoking pot 10 years ago, which he describes as, quote, "the worst time for me." He says weed DID help his creative process, but it wasn't without negatives.
He explains, quote, "I just started getting sick a lot. I started saying I don't need it anymore. When you have a sober mind, you can put things where they need to be, but the music sounds better on weed."
3. AZEALIA BANKS has taken a break from ripping IGGY AZALEA to slam VEGANS. She recently posted a photo of a rooster on Instagram, with the caption, quote, "Dinner! Fresh rooster!"
Apparently, some people didn't find that funny . . . because she later Tweeted, quote, "VEGANS, GO AWAY! Not everyone wants to wear paper shoes and rub lemons on their armpits!!"
TUESDAY'S SHOWBIZ EXTRAS - 1 of 3
1. CHRIS BROWN has apologized for all the drama he started with KARRUECHE TRAN. (Full Story)
2. The first of what will probably be MANY AMAL CLOONEY pregnancy rumors has been denied. Strap in, folks. We'll be doing this at least a dozen times a year until she hits menopause. (Full Story)
3. Is KHLOE KARDASHIAN thinking about posing for "Playboy"? (Full Story)
4. JOAQUIN PHOENIX started dating his yoga instructor after she roughed him up a little. They're engaged now. (Video)
1. The hackers who attacked Sony Pictures released some of the fake names celebrities use to check into hotels. For instance, ROB SCHNEIDER goes by "Nazzo Good". (Full Story)
2. LEBRON JAMES wore an "I Can't Breathe" shirt during warmups in Brooklyn last night. (Photo)
TUESDAY'S SHOWBIZ EXTRAS - 2 of 3
More Nonsense Extras:
3. At that same game, JAY Z and BEYONCÉ met PRINCE WILLIAM and KATE MIDDLETON. (Full Story)
4. JANICE DICKINSON went on another tirade against BILL COSBY last night on "Nancy Grace". (Full Story)
5. CHRISTIAN BALE did NOT mean to disrespect GEORGE CLOONEY. (Full Story)
1. The characters Bepop, Rocksteady and Casey Jones will probably be in the next "Ninja Turtles" movie. (Full Story)
2. The Pixar sequel "Finding Dory" will be about the search for Dory's origins and parents. (Full Story)
TUESDAY'S SHOWBIZ EXTRAS - 3 of 3
1. Judge LEN GOODMAN is leaving "Dancing with the Stars" after the spring season. (Full Story)
2. MARK HAMILL will play a villain named The Trickster on the CW's "The Flash" . . . just like he did on CBS' "Flash" series in the '90s. (Full Story)
3. A stud named JAMES O'HALLORAN is the new male model on "The Price Is Right". (Full Story)
4. Syfy is working on a Superman prequel series . . . but it goes back a lot further than "Smallville". It's called "Krypton", and it's about Superman's GRANDFATHER back on his home planet. (Full Story)
1. GWEN STEFANI refuses to apologize for running around with the "Harajuku Girls" . . . that posse of Japanese girls she used to surround herself with. She says she was paying tribute to Japanese culture. (Full Story)
2. Check out the video for PAUL MCCARTNEY's "Hope for the Future". (Full Story)
STUPID NEWS HIGHLIGHTS - 1 of 2
1. Here are a few random facts for you. Those inflatable dancing tubes you see outside car dealerships have only been around since 1996. On February 12th, 1809, ABRAHAM LINCOLN was born in Kentucky and CHARLES DARWIN was born in England. And there's only one U.S. Navy battleship that isn't named for a state . . . the USS Kearsarge is named after a Civil War ship. (Full Story)
2. An annual study looked into how much Santa Claus should get PAID for his work, and it came out to $139,924. That's based on the hourly salaries for all the jobs he does . . . including being an industrial engineer, running his workshop, and being a pilot, chimney sweep, and shipping and receiving clerk on Christmas Eve. (Full Story)
3. According to a new survey of 3,000 people, the five lamest Christmas gifts you can give are cheap jewelry . . . toiletries . . . socks or underwear . . . clothing . . . and food. And 10% of us have bought a last-minute gift at a gas station. (Full Story)
4. A woman was buying Hanukkah wrapping paper at a Walgreens in California this weekend, and noticed it had a pattern with SWASTIKAS in it. They're there accidentally, but Walgreens pulled the paper off its shelves yesterday. (Full Story)
5. Some TGI Friday's have DRONES carrying MISTLETOE this Christmas season. And a photographer in New York was taking pictures of one when it accidentally lost control . . . CLIPPED her . . . and took off a tiny chunk out of her nose. (Full Story)
6. A new study found the things people are most likely to BRAG about on social media. The top three are: Going on a special trip . . . attending a memorable event . . . and meeting someone famous. (Full Story)
STUPID NEWS HIGHLIGHTS - 2 of 2
7. A new study found the seven-year itch isn't quite right . . . people's unhappiness with their marriage peaks at year 10. That's when a woman's responsibilities are the toughest, between housework and childcare. And couples who make it 30 years get closest to the level of happiness they had when they got married. (Full Story)
8. A 50-year-old woman in Canada was devastated when her husband died in March last year. So she kept his rotting body in a bedroom, praying he would rise from the dead. Police found the body after about six months, and the woman just got 18 months of probation for failure to report a death. (Full Story)
9. The New Jersey Lottery just launched an investigation after they realized 10 of their 20 most frequent lottery winners in the past five years are people who either sell lottery tickets at a store, or have family members who do. Those 10 people have won a total of about $1.8 million . . . and most of them would've had to spend $1 million on tickets to win as often as they have. (Full Story)
10. A 37-year-old guy in Florida was arrested last week after he mugged his ex-GIRLFRIEND. He was wearing a mask, but she immediately recognized his voice, and reported him to the cops. (Full Story)
11. On Sunday, a 48-year-old woman in Florida got into a fight with her twin sister involving the sister's boyfriend, and a vibrating adult toy. We don't know WHY, but it ended with the woman punching her twin sister in the face. She was arrested for domestic battery. (Full Story)
12. Back in 1959, a woman named Joyce Wharton lost both of her parents in a plane crash in Washington state. Almost 40 years later, a logger was hiking through the area where it happened and found her mom's WEDDING RING. So he held onto it until recently, when his nephew was able to find Joyce online. And last week, she got the ring in the mail . . . 55 YEARS after the crash happened. (Full Story)
STUPID NEWS - 1 of 8
Five Random Facts For Tuesday
HIGHLIGHTS: Here are a few random facts for you. Those inflatable dancing tubes you see outside car dealerships have only been around since 1996. On February 12th, 1809, ABRAHAM LINCOLN was born in Kentucky and CHARLES DARWIN was born in England. And there's only one U.S. Navy battleship that isn't named for a state . . . the USS Kearsarge is named after a Civil War ship.
FULL STORY: Here are some random facts for you . . .
1. There are seven people who have keys that control the main database behind the entire Internet . . . they're spread around the world and the keys are all in safe deposit boxes.
2. Those inflatable dancing tubes you see outside car dealerships have been around since 1996. They were originally invented as part of the opening ceremonies for the 1996 Olympics inAtlanta.
3. ABRAHAM LINCOLN and CHARLES DARWIN were born just a few hours apart on the same day, February 12th, 1809. . .Lincoln inKentucky andDarwinEngland.
4. There's only one U.S. Navy battleship that isn't named for a state . . . the USS Kearsarge. It's named after a ship from the Civil War.
5. There was an upbeat top 40 hit about CANNIBALISM in 1971 called "Timothy", by a one-hit wonder band called The Buoys. The song was written by RUPERT HOLMES . . . who's better known for the song "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)".
STUPID NEWS - 2 of 8
Santa Should Get a Salary of About $140,000 This Year
HIGHLIGHTS: An annual study looked into how much Santa Claus should get PAID for his work, and it came out to $139,924. That's based on the hourly salaries for all the jobs he does . . . including being an industrial engineer, running his workshop, and being a pilot, chimney sweep, and shipping and receiving clerk on Christmas Eve.
FULL STORY: It would cost Santa TRILLIONS of dollars to buy all the toys kids ask him for . . . so I think it's safe to say he's operating at a MASSIVE LOSS. Sweet tax write-off, Santa . . . sweet tax write-off.
An annual study looked into how much Santa Claus should get PAID for his work, and it came out to . . . $139,924.
It's based on all the different jobs he does . . . how many hours he spends doing them . . . and what the hourly salary is at those jobs.
He makes the most for running his workshop, where he gets paid like an industrial engineer for 364 days a year . . . every day except when he's out delivering. He gets $116,742 from that.
Some of the other jobs he has are professional shopper . . . package handler . . . labor relations specialist . . . customer service rep . . . private investigator . . . ranch worker . . . pilot . . . chimney sweep . . . and shipping and receiving clerk.
The study also asked people how much they THINK Santa should be paid. 29% said NOTHING . . . and another 29% said several BILLIONS of dollars. (Globe Newswire)
STUPID NEWS - 3 of 8
The Five Lamest Christmas Gifts
HIGHLIGHTS: According to a new survey of 3,000 people, the five lamest Christmas gifts you can give are cheap jewelry . . . toiletries . . . socks or underwear . . . clothing . . . and food. And 10% of us have bought a last-minute gift at a gas station.
FULL STORY: A new survey asked 3,000 people for the lamest Christmas gifts they've ever gotten. Most of them are fine as a secondary gift. They just shouldn't be the ONLY thing you give someone you're close to. Here are the top five.
1. Cheap jewelry. Obviously nice jewelry is different.
2. Toiletries, including perfume or cologne.
3. Socks or underwear.
5. Food, including chocolate.
There were also specific things people said they've gotten that are pretty lame. Some of the weirdest ones were a toilet brush . . . used shoes . . . a shovel . . . clothespins . . . a barometer . . . an axe . . . and a tube of toothpaste.
Also, 10% of people admitted they've bought a last-minute gift at a gas station.
STUPID NEWS - 4 of 8
Walgreens Pulled Its Hanukkah Wrapping Paper After Someone Noticed Swastikas on It
HIGHLIGHTS: A woman was buying Hanukkah wrapping paper at a Walgreens in California this weekend, and noticed it had a pattern with SWASTIKAS in it. They're there accidentally, but Walgreens pulled the paper off its shelves yesterday.
FULL STORY: If you're making wrapping paper for Hanukkah presents . . . this is pretty much the worst call you can make.
A woman named Cheryl Shapiro was shopping for wrapping paper at a Walgreens in Northridge, California this weekend, and noticed something odd in the design on the Hanukkah paper . . . there were SWASTIKAS.
Now, based on the photos online, WE don't think they're there on PURPOSE. They're part of a geometric pattern . . . and we'll give the manufacturer the benefit of the doubt, and say it's an accident.
But even accidentally, swastikas don't belong on ANY wrapping paper . . . let alone wrapping paper for Jews.
Walgreens announced yesterday that they'll be pulling the wrapping paper off of their shelves immediately.
(Here's a photo of the paper.)
STUPID NEWS - 5 of 8
A Mistletoe Drone at TGI Friday's Accidentally Cut Off Part of a Woman's Nose
HIGHLIGHTS: Some TGI Friday's have DRONES carrying MISTLETOE this Christmas season. And a photographer in New York was taking pictures of one when it accidentally lost control . . . CLIPPED her . . . and took off a tiny chunk out of her nose.
FULL STORY: Some TGI Friday's have a gimmick this Christmas where a DRONE carrying MISTLETOE hovers over couples so they can kiss over their mozzarella sticks.
So a photographer for the "Brooklyn Daily" named Georgine Benvenuto went to a TGI Friday's inBrooklyn,New York on Thursday, to take pictures of couples kissing under the drone.
Unfortunately for Georgine, the drone lost control while she was there . . . CLIPPED her . . . and CHOPPED OFF a tiny chunk of the tip of her nose.
From the pictures, it looks like it was just a scratch . . . but Georgine says it really did take some flesh.
The guy who was flying the drone has a different story. He says Georgine asked him to land it on her arm . . . and when he did, she FLINCHED, which is how it clipped her nose.
(Here are some photos of the drone, and Georgine with a little blood on her nose.)
STUPID NEWS - 6 of 8
The Top Five Things People Brag About on Social Media . . . Plus the States that Brag the Most and Least
HIGHLIGHTS: A new study found the things people are most likely to BRAG about on social media. The top three are: Going on a special trip . . . attending a memorable event . . . and meeting someone famous.
FULL STORY: If I had to create the WORST person on Facebook, it would be someone who only posts about three things: How unique their kid is . . . how good their Candy Crush scores are . . . and invitations to their improv comedy shows.
But what's the more COMMON stuff people brag about on social media? According to a new study, these are the top five most popular topics . . .
1. Going on a special trip.
2. Attending a memorable event.
3. Meeting someone famous.
4. Something nice your significant other did.
5. Good work-related news.
The study also found people inCaliforniaare most likely to post self-promotional stuff, followed by people inWashingtonandNevada. People inUtahare least likely to post self-promotional stuff, followed by people inOregonandSouth Carolina.
STUPID NEWS - 7 of 8
The Seven-Year Itch Isn't Quite Right . . . It Takes 10 Years Before You Really Get Sick of Each Other
HIGHLIGHTS: A new study found the seven-year itch isn't quite right . . . people's unhappiness with their marriage peaks at year 10. That's when a woman's responsibilities are the toughest, between housework and childcare. And couples who make it 30 years get closest to the level of happiness they had when they got married.
FULL STORY: You probably know about the seven-year itch . . . after seven years, married couples get sick of each other and think about moving on.
But a new study out ofBrighamYoungUniversityinUtahfound that's not quite right. You should still be cool after seven years . . . it's the itch that comes after TEN YEARS that's the problem.
They found people's unhappiness in marriage actually peaks at year 10.
The researchers think the 10th year is the worst because it's when a woman's responsibilities are the toughest . . . there are more chores, because you're probably in a bigger house, and there's more childcare, because your kids are all still young.
The good news is . . . if you can make it PAST the 10th year, things slowly start to get better. Couples who make it to 30 years and beyond get closest to the same level of happiness they had as newlyweds.
Not coincidentally, that's when all their kids are finally financially independent and out of the house. (Daily Mail)
STUPID NEWS - 8 of 8
A Woman Keeps Her Husband's Dead Body For Six Months . . . Expecting Him to Rise From the Dead
HIGHLIGHTS: A 50-year-old woman in Canada was devastated when her husband died in March last year. So she kept his rotting body in a bedroom, praying he would rise from the dead. Police found the body after about six months, and the woman just got 18 months of probation for failure to report a death.
FULL STORY: This woman has an INCREDIBLE amount of faith. Even if that faith smells terrible and has been swarmed by rats.
50-year-old Kaling Wald ofHamilton,Ontario,Canadawas devastated in March last year when her 52-year-old husband Peter got sick and passed away.
But she was CONVINCED it wasn't the end for him . . . and that God would step in to BRING HIM BACK. So . . . she kept his ROTTING BODY in a bedroom in the house, praying for the day God would help him rise from the dead.
She wound up defaulting on her mortgage, so cops came to her house in September of last year. And while they were evicting her, they found Peter's body . . . decomposing and surrounded by rats.
Kaling was in court last week facing charges of failure to report a death. She wound up getting 18 months of probation.
STUPID CRIMINALS - 1 of 3
Half of New Jersey's Most Frequent Lottery Winners Are Lottery Retailers or Their Family Members
HIGHLIGHTS: The New Jersey Lottery just launched an investigation after they realized 10 of their 20 most frequent lottery winners in the past five years are people who either sell lottery tickets at a store, or have family members who do. Those 10 people have won a total of about $1.8 million . . . and most of them would've had to spend $1 million on tickets to win as often as they have.
FULL STORY: There's something suspicious going on inNew Jersey. Well . . . there are probably about two billion suspicious things going on inNew Jersey, but we're just focusing on this one right now.
The New Jersey Lottery recently noticed a strange trend in their most frequent winners. Ten of the 20 most frequent lottery winners in the state are people who either sell lottery tickets at a store . . . or have family members who do. Hmmm.
Those 10 people have won 840 total jackpots in five years . . . worth about $1.8 MILLION.
Statistically speaking, most of them would've had to spend around $1 million on tickets to win as often as they have. And since it's not likely that any of them did . . . the lottery commission has launched an investigation.
Their best guess as to what's going on is those people who sell lottery tickets are illegally cashing other people's winning tickets then keeping a percentage.
Here's how that works. People who win prizes over $600 in the lottery have to send in their tickets to get paid. But if they owe back taxes or child support or court fees, they might not want things to be official because their winnings would be garnished.
So the store owner cashes the ticket for them . . . and takes 20% or more. (Asbury Park Press)
STUPID CRIMINALS - 2 of 3
A Man Mugs His Ex . . . But Gets Caught When She Recognizes His Voice
HIGHLIGHTS: A 37-year-old guy in Florida was arrested last week after he mugged his ex-GIRLFRIEND. He was wearing a mask, but she immediately recognized his voice, and reported him to the cops.
FULL STORY: Once you've had sex with someone, you've got to assume they can recognize you with all five senses.
Apparently 37-year-old Leonard Farrington ofRiviera Beach,Floridadidn't give his 30-year-old ex-girlfriend that kind of credit.
She was walking into work last week when a man in a mask ran up and told her to hand over her bag. Even though his face was covered, she IMMEDIATELY recognized Leonard's voice . . . again, because they used to be a couple.
He grabbed the bag and ran, and she and a coworker called 911. She told the cops it was definitely her ex . . . they'd just broken up a month ago and she absolutely recognized him.
The cops arrested him a few days later when they caught him breaking into an office. He's been charged with several crimes, including robbery and burglary. (South Florida Sun-Sentinel)
(Here's his mugshot.)
STUPID CRIMINALS - 3 of 3
A Woman Beats Up Her Twin Sister Over a Sex Toy and Her Boyfriend
HIGHLIGHTS: On Sunday, a 48-year-old woman in Florida got into a fight with her twin sister involving the sister's boyfriend, and a vibrating adult toy. We don't know WHY, but it ended with the woman punching her twin sister in the face. She was arrested for domestic battery.
FULL STORY: We don't have a ton of details on this one, but it's almost better that way . . . you can let your imagination run wild in ways that will almost certainly be better than whatever the truth may be.
On Sunday, 48-year-old Heidi Creamer ofManatee County,Floridagot into a fight with her twin sister Holly Ryan over two things: One, Holly's boyfriend. And two, a VIBRATING ADULT TOY.
We don't know exactly WHY they were fighting about the boyfriend or the toy, but we know it got HEATED . . . and Heidi wound up PUNCHING Holly in the face.
Heidi was arrested for domestic battery.
(Here's a regular photo of Heidi, plus her mugshot.)
BIRTHDAYS - 1 of 2
Simon Helberg is 34. Howard Wolowitz on "The Big Bang Theory".
Jesse Metcalfe is 36. The young studly gardener who used to share on-screen passions with Eva Longoria on "Desperate Housewives". He was also Bobby's son Christopher Ewing on the "Dallas" reboot.
Reiko Aylesworth is 42. Ambiguously ethnic Michelle Dessler on "24".
Green Day drummer Tre Cool is 42.
Kara DioGuardi is 44. Sexy-but-inconsequential former "American Idol" judge.
Jakob Dylan is 45. Bob's talented son. Lead singer of The Wallflowers. Their biggest album is 1996's "Bringing Down the Horse" . . . featuring "One Headlight", "6th Avenue Heartache" and "The Difference".
Kurt Angle is 45. Former WWE rasslin' superstar. He now rassles for WWE competitor TNA. Also the only Olympic gold medal-winning wrestler to ever turn "pro".
Mattress actress Kimberly Kyle is 46. She's starred in 85 fine films, including . . . "Temple of Poon", "Hook, Line & Sphincter" AND "Ass Ventura Crack Detective".
FELICITY HUFFMAN is 52. Lynette on "Desperate Housewives" . . . and a tasty pre-op male-to-female transsexual in "TransAmerica", which earned her an Oscar nomination. William H. Macy gets to live out his bi-curious fantasies by nailing him / her ANYTIME HE WANTS TO!
Donny Osmond is 57. "Dancing with the Stars" WINNER.
BIRTHDAYS - 2 of 2
John Malkovich is 61.
Michael Dorn is 62. Lieutenant Commander Worf, the Klingon on "Star Trek: The Next Generation" . . . AND Officer Jebediah Turner on "CHiPs".
Dick Butkus is 72. Greatest linebacker AND greatest Kwik-Cook Grill spokesman EVER!
Beau Bridges is 73. Jeff's brother. He was the base commander on "Stargate SG-1". He also played Carl Hickey . . . Earl's dad . . . on "My Name Is Earl". Now he's on the naughty Showtime series "Masters of Sex".
Dame Judi Dench is 80. Mature minx who played James Bond's boss, M, until they killed her off in the last one, "Skyfall". Oops. I should have said "spoiler alert."
Dick Van Patten is 86. "Eight Is Enough" star and unrepentant dog food eater.
Kirk Douglas is 98. UNSTOPPABLE. He just released his latest book.
Related Comedy: KirkDouglas turns 98 today. He's so old that he remembers a time when saying Betty White is sexy wasn't just the trendy thing to do.
Redd Foxx (1922 - 1991) "Sanford & Son" superstar who, after years of faking it on TV, eventually DID die of a heart attack.
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 8 days to the third "Hobbit" movie
• 16 shopping days to Christmas
• 23 days to the New Year
• 66 days to "Fifty Shades of Grey"
• 67 days to Valentine's Day
• 773 days left of "Hope and Change"
DECEMBER 9th - BACK IN THE DAY - 1 of 2
171 years ago . . . In 1843, London merchant Sir Henry Cole realized he didn't have much time left to write Christmas letters to his friends, so he hired an artist and a printer to produce 300 identical Christmas greetings.
He thought the idea was so clever that he printed another 300 and sold them at his shop.
However, many people thought THESE FIRST CHRISTMAS CARDS were offensive . . . because the artwork showed a festive holiday scene with people consuming the EVIL-BREW . . . ALCOHOL!
The cards were denounced as "deliberately conceived to foster and promote the consumption of alcohol during the holiday season." So it's true . . . Christmas IS just a Hallmark Holiday!
107 years ago . . . In 1907, CHRISTMAS SEALS went on sale for the first time, at theWilmington,Delaware, post office. Proceeds went to fight the tuberculosis.
42 years ago . . . In 1972, ELTON JOHN released the classic single "Crocodile Rock".
36 years ago . . . In 1978, JOHN BELUSHI and "I USED TO BE" DAN AYKROYD recorded "Soul Man" and released it under the name THE BLUES BROTHERS.
DECEMBER 9th - BACK IN THE DAY - 2 of 2
35 years ago . . . In 1979, college rivals EARVIN "MAGIC" JOHNSON and LARRY "LARRY" BIRD played in their first professional basketball game against each other.
The Lakers beat the Celtics 123-105. Magic had 23 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, but no HIV yet. Bird had 16 points, 3 rebounds, and 3 assists.
22 years ago . . . In 1992, PRINCE CHARLES & PRINCESS DIANA announced their separation. Their divorce became final August 28th, 1996.
Princess Di and International Playboy Dodi Fayed were killed in a car crash inParisin August of 1997. Goodbye Princess Di. Goodbye Dodi Fayed.
20 years ago . . . In 1994, hypocritical BILL CLINTON fired saucy SURGEON GENERAL JOCELYN ELDERS . . . after hearing how she'd told a conference that whacky-whacky should be discussed in school as a part of human sexuality.
Six years ago . . . In 2008, Illinois Governor ROD BLAGOJEVICH was arrested on federal corruption charges . . . including conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and solicitation of bribery . . . for attempting to sell BARACK OBAMA'S vacated Senate seat.
(Blagojevich was only convicted on ONE of the 24 charges he was facing, which was lying to investigators. The jury deadlocked on the other 23 counts. They retried him on 20 counts, and nailed him on 17.)
(They sent him up the river for 14 years, but he's eligible for "early" release in 2024.)