Your daily dose of Whatever!!
Ray J is Giving Kim and Kanye $47,000 as a Wedding Gift . . . Of Course It's All Profit from the Kim / Ray J Sex Tape
: RAY J is reportedly giving KIM KARDASHIAN and KANYE WEST $47,000 as a wedding gift. It's Ray's cut of four months' worth of profits from the SEX TAPE he and Kim made. That's right, Ray is still making crazy money off that tape. And Kim makes at least as much. Vivid Entertainment says it has grossed $50 million since it came out seven years ago.
Is Kim Kardashian Secretly Filming Her Wedding for "Keeping Up With the Kardashians"?
KIM KARDASHIAN is on record saying she and KANYE WEST are NOT filming their wedding for "Keeping Up With the Kardashians". But RadarOnline.com says she's LYING.
A source says, quote, "Kim will tell camera shy guests that the filming is their own videographers capturing the day and not for broadcast, which is a white lie."
The source adds that it was KRIS JENNER who convinced Kim and Kanye to let the cameras roll.
Only SOME of the ceremony will air, and JAY Z and BEYONCÉ will NOT be filmed.
Kanye West Didn't Mind that Someone Handed Him Fake Yeezys to Sign
I would think that if someone walked up to KANYE with a pair of FAKE Yeezys and asked him to sign them, he'd go OFF. But that's NOT what happened in a video that hit the web yesterday.
The guy apparently didn't know his sneakers were knock-offs, but Kanye noticed immediately. He happily signed them, though. He told the guy, quote, "They're not real, though. You know that, right? These are not real. It's fine, though." (Here's video.)
Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Beyoncé, Selena Gomez and Paula Patton Are on This Year's Maxim Hot 100 List
"Maxim" magazine drops its annual Hot 100 list next month, but they revealed some names yesterday. They include Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Beyoncé, Selena Gomez, Shakira, Carrie Underwood, and Paula Patton.
15. Christina Aguilera
19. Selena Gomez
25. Miley Cyrus
28. Vanessa Hudgens
33. Ashley Tisdale
34. Alyssa Milano
40. Demi Lovato
46. Kellie Pickler
48. Paula Patton
56. Carrie Underwood
69. Danielle Fishel
70. Kacey Musgraves
73. Rita Ora
82. Lana Del Rey
86. Victoria Justice
96. Iggy Azalea
(Here's the list so far.)
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. Family harmony has been restored! Jay Z, Beyoncé, Solange and their mom Tina Knowles posed for a picture together.
This might be why everyone's happy again: There's an Internet rumor going around that Solange was just chosen to be the opening act on Jay and Beyoncé's joint tour . . . and she'll make $8 million for the gig.
2. When your girl is pregnant, should you still grab her butt? ASHTON KUTCHER says yes.
3. VANESSA HUDGENS and some other friends threw a bachelorette party for ASHLEY TISDALE. It was on a yacht. There were bikinis. And here are the pictures.
4. You know how SOFIA VERGARA wants us to pay more attention to her butt? Okay.
5. And V. STIVIANO is braless.
6. MICHAEL BUBLE Tweeted a picture of himself at the dentist, after knocking out a tooth with a microphone.
7. Here's a great picture of Cincinnati Bengals linebacker JAMES HARRISON looking TERRIFIED on a roller coaster. He might just be goofing around, but I want to believe it's real.
8. TOM BRADY hit the park with his three kids and his two baby-mamas . . . wife GISELE BUNDCHEN and ex BRIDGET MOYNAHAN. And Gisele planted a major smooch on Tom with Bridget standing right nearby.
(Maybe it wasn't an IN-YOUR-FACE kiss, though. If you flip through the photo gallery, you'll see Gisele and Bridget hugging.)
9. SNOOKI shared a sonogram picture of her daughter, in which it looks like the kid is applying lipstick in the womb.
10. Soccer stud CRISTIANO RONALDO is NAKED on the cover of Spain's edition of "Vogue".
Sandra Bullock's Advice to Graduates Includes, "Do Not Pick Your Nose in Public"
SANDRA BULLOCK spoke to graduates at a New Orleans high school she's been helping since it was damaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Her advice included this . . . quote, "Eat something green every day. Do not pick your nose in public. How about we just go get a tissue? When someone who cares about you hugs you, hug them back. If someone doesn't want to play with you, it's okay. Not everybody is going to love us."
Drew Brees Is Endorsing a Motorcycle . . . That He Isn't Allowed to Ride
New Orleans Saints quarterback DREW BREES is endorsing a three-wheeled motorcycle called the Can-Am Spyder . . . but he can't even try the product himself, because his NFL contract forbids him from riding motorcycles.
Tuesday TV Reminders:
• "An All Star Salute to the Troops" . . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on CBS. Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, Kellie Pickler, Blake Shelton, Lady Antebellum, Rascal Flatts, are among the many performers.
• The sixth season finale of "The Voice" . . . 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on NBC. Robin Thicke, Alabama and Justin Moore perform.
• The 18th season finale of "Dancing with the Stars", 9:00 to 11:00 P.M. on ABC.
• The ninth season finale of "Supernatural" . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on the CW.
• The series premiere of "I Wanna Marry Harry" . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Fox. A random British guy pretends to be a prince while dating 12 American women.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" - Charlize Theron and Josh Hartnett.
• "Late Night with Seth Meyers" - James McAvoy, Wendi McLendon-Covey, and Kumail Nanjiani.
• "Letterman" - Sarah Silverman, kid scientists, and the band We Are Scientists.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" - Johnny Knoxville, Dave Salmoni, and Timeflies.
• "Carson Daly" - JB Smoove, Warm Soda, and Andrew Santino.
• "Arsenio" - Shawn Ashmore, Bishop T.D. Jakes, and DJ Afrojack.
• "Conan" - Steven Ho, and Mike Recine.
• "Craig Ferguson" - Terry Bradshaw, and Jessica McNamee.
• "Chelsea Lately" - Joel McHale.
• "Jon Stewart" - Aneesh Chopra.
• "The Colbert Report" - Matt Weiner.
"The Monuments Men" is Out on DVD and "Free Birds" is Out on Netflix
Here's what's new on DVD today:
• "The Monuments Men" . . . starring George Clooney, and Matt Damon.
• "3 Days to Kill" . . . starring Kevin Costner, and Hailee Steinfeld.
• "About Last Night" . . . starring Michael Ealy, and Kevin Hart.
• "In Secret" . . . starring Elizabeth Olsen, and Jessica Lange.
• "Pompeii" . . . starring "Game of Thrones" stud Kit Harrington and Emily Browning.
• "Vampire Academy" . . . starring Zoey Deutch, and Lucy Fry.
• The fourth season of "Nikita", the fifth season of "Warehouse 13", and the fifth season of "Happy Days".
Here's what's new in the past week to Netflix Instant Streaming:
• "Free Birds" stars Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson as time travelling turkeys.
• "Mr. Morgan's Last Love" stars Michael Caine and Clemence Poesy.
And here's what's new in in video games this week.
• "Wolfenstein: The New Order" on the Xbox360, XboxOne, PS3, and PS4.
New CDs from Coldplay, The Roots, and Neal Schon from Journey
• "Ghost Stories", Coldplay
• "So U", Neal Schon of Journey
• "Rubicon Cross", the rock band Rubicon Cross
• "Angels of the Apocalypse", the power metal of Timo Tolkki's Avalon
• "Diploid Love", Brody Dalle . . . the alt rock minx who's married to Josh Homme.
• "Upside Down Mountain", Conor Oberst from the indie rock band Bright Eyes
• "Smoke Fairies", the British pop duo Smoke Fairies
• "In Cold Blood", the debut album from White Sea
• "Through the Woods", folk singers The Okee Dokee Brothers
They do music to inspire kids to get outside and experience nature.
• "Just As I Am", country singer Brantley Gilbert
• "Goin' Home", Kenny Wayne Shepherd
• "Tightrope", the bluegrass band Chatham County Line
• "Unplugged 1991/2001: The Complete Sessions", a 2-CD box set from R.E.M.
• "The Essential R. Kelly", R. Kelly . . . a 35-track greatest hits collection
Five Random Facts For Tuesday
1. The busiest McDonald's in the world is in Moscow, Russia . . . it serves at least 850,000 people per year, which is twice as much as the average American McDonald's.
2. People take more selfies in London than any other city in the world. The rest of the top 10 is: New York, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, Rome, Sydney, Istanbul, and Athens.
3. The oldest cat in history lived to be 38 years and three days old . . . that's about the equivalent of 169 in human years. It died in 2005 . . . the oldest cat alive today is 24.
4. The average woman owns nine pairs of high heels . . . even though three out of four women say wearing high heels hurts their feet.
5. In every glass of water you drink, there's at least one molecule of water that's been on Earth since dinosaurs existed.
Webster's Dictionary Is Adding Hashtag, Selfie, Auto-Tune, and Turducken
Webster's dictionary is adding over 150 new words to its newest edition, including hashtag, crowdfunding, auto-tune, dubstep, selfie, baby bump, spoiler alert, and turducken.
3. Hot spot . . . as in a WiFi hot spot.
4. Big data. Which they define as, quote, "an accumulation of data that is too large and complex for processing by traditional database management tools."
6. Crowdfunding . . . when you raise money through websites like Kickstarter.
7. Dubstep. That's the electronic music that pretty much requires a computer to create.
8. E-waste . . . which is anything tech-related that you throw away.
9. Social networking.
10. Tweep . . . a person who uses Twitter.
11. Catfish . . . as in someone "catfishes" you online, and pretends to be someone they're not.
12. Fangirl. Obviously it's the female version of fanboy. As in, a girl who's WAY too into something. They're both kind of an online phenomenon.
13. Spoiler alert.
But there are actually a few words that DON'T deal directly with technology and the internet. The top seven are:
1. Baby bump.
3. Freegan. That's, quote, "an activist who scavenges for free food . . . as in waste receptacles at stores and restaurants . . . as a means of reducing consumption of resources."
4. Gamification . . . where you add game elements to something that ISN'T a game to make more people interested in it.
5. Steampunk . . . which is, quote, "science fiction dealing with 19th-century societies dominated by historical or imagined steam-powered technology."
6. Turducken . . . "a boneless chicken stuffed into a boneless duck stuffed into a boneless turkey."
Facebook Added a Button So You Can Ask Someone Their Relationship Status
Facebook just made it way easier to pry into someone's sex life. If you go to a person's profile and they haven't filled in their relationship status, now there's a button that says "Ask." When you click it, it sends them a message asking them whether they're single or in a relationship.
Women Are Now Getting Quick Plastic Surgery on Their Hands . . . So Their Engagement Ring Selfies Look Better
There's a new plastic surgery procedure called a HAND LIFT . . . and it's designed for women who want their hand to look better in their engagement ring photos. For $1,200 you get your left hand tightened up so it looks smoother in photos. And the effect lasts about nine months.
Stupid New Photo Trend Alert: Eyebrows on Babies
If your Facebook and Instagram are going to be FLOODED with babies, at least make it interesting. There's a new stupid photo trend where parents are drawing GIANT EYEBROWS on their babies.
The photos come out better than they sound . . . it's amazing how a good pair of fake eyebrows make a four-month-old baby look like an 87-year-old man.
A Bloody Mary Counts as a Vegetable
There's been a debate for decades over whether ketchup counts as a vegetable. I think the current status of that argument is "no." But here's something that DOES count . . . and it's even better.
A British nutritionist says that a BLOODY MARY counts as a vegetable. Obviously, you're better off having the tomato juice without the booze in it . . . but you still get the benefits of eating a vegetable like the vitamins and whatnot. (Daily Mail)
The World's First Drinkable Sunscreen Is on Sale . . . Just Drink It and You'll Be Protected From the Sun?
A company is selling the world's first DRINKABLE SUNSCREEN. They say if you put a few drops of it in your water, it protects your skin just like an SPF 30 sunscreen. It sells for $30 . . . and they don't offer any scientific evidence that it actually works.
A Guy Wearing a Shirt That Says "It's All Fun and Games Until the Cops Show Up" Is Arrested When the Cops Show Up
A 35-year-old guy in Idaho was arrested on Sunday morning for a bank robbery he'd pulled on Friday. And when the cops showed up at a motel to arrest him, he was wearing a shirt that said, quote, "It's all fun and games until the cops show up." He's facing several charges.
Jack Gleeson is 22. Joffrey on "Game of Thrones".
Naturi Naughton is 30. Nubian minx formerly of 3LW. In the movie "Notorious" she played the role of Lil' Kim . . . complete with full-on Lil' Kim-style nudity.
Busta Rhymes is 42. Real Name: Trevor Tahiem Smith Junior. Chuck D from Public Enemy gave him the name "Busta Rhymes" as a shout-out to former, crazy, gun-loving NFL wide receiver George "Buster" Rhymes.
Tony Stewart is 43. Chubby NASCAR superstar! His weight is officially listed at 190 . . . but everyone knows he's a solid 35 to 40 more than that. Hasn't stopped him from winning races, though.
Timothy Olyphant is 46. Great, underrated actor. He was Seth Bullock on "Deadwood" and is now the star of the FX show "Justified".
MINDY COHN is 48. Delicious chubby Natalie on "The Facts of Life", and THE star of the classic romantic comedy, "Violet Tendencies"! (Check out the trailer. WARNING! It's loaded with uncensored profanity.)
NICK HEYWARD is 53. HAIRCUT 100!
Tony Goldwyn is 54. The President on "Scandal". Before that he was best known for betraying Patrick Swayze in "Ghost". He's also the voice of Disney's "Tarzan".
BRONSON PINCHOT is 55. Much like the guys who played Screech, Urkel and Horshack, he will eternally be known as Balky.
Jane Wiedlin is 56. Sexy Go-Go's guitarist.
Ron Reagan Jr. is 56. Traitor son of President Ronald Reagan. Reagan was one of the most conservative presidents ever . . . Junior here is a raging hippie liberal who worked as a political pundit for MSNBC.
Cindy McCain is 60. Sexy blonde wife of John McCain. She's 18 years younger than him.
David Paterson is 60. Legally blind former governor of New York. He was lieutenant governor of New York under Eliot Spitzer . . . when Spitzer was exposed as a giant connoisseur of prostitutes and resigned, Paterson became governor.
Dave Thomas is 65. NOT the dead Wendy's guy. This is the Dave Thomas who did the Bob & Doug McKenzie bit with Rick Moranis. Also a member of The Frightened Family.
Cher is 68. The face, body and voice that ushered countless confused, hairless boys into womanhood. Ironically, it also ushered her own daughter into manhood.
Joe Cocker is 70. Baddest hit: His cover of the Beatles' tune "With A Little Help From My Friends", the theme to "Wonder Years".
Jimmy Stewart (1908 - 1997) One of the greatest American actors ever. "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington", "The Man Who Knew Too Much", "The Philadelphia Story", and a ton of other classic movies you've heard of but never seen.
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (1959 - 1997) Super chubby Hawaiian musical star, best known for his ukelele-centric cover of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 3 days to Days of Future Past
• 3 days to Memorial Day Weekend
• 15 days to the CMT Music Awards
• 26 days to Father's Day
• 45 days to Independence Day
• 976 days left of "Hope and Change"
704 years ago . . . In 1310, for the first time ever, DIFFERENT SHOES FOR THE LEFT AND RIGHT FEET were produced. Until 1310, all shoes were cut exactly the same.
508 years ago . . . In 1506, CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS died in Spain . . . still convinced that his journeys were along the east coast of Asia.
141 years ago . . . In 1873, LEVI STRAUSS and Jacob Davis received a U.S. patent for BLUE JEANS WITH COPPER RIVETS.
114 years ago . . . In 1900, the SECOND SUMMER OLYMPIC GAMES opened in Paris, France. They lasted FIVE MONTHS. Events included the 60-meter dash, women's croquet, a swimming obstacle race and the tug-of-war.
98 years ago . . . In 1916, CODELL, KANSAS, is hit by a tornado.
97 years ago . . . In 1917, CODELL, KANSAS, is hit by a tornado, exactly one year after it was hit by its first tornado.
96 years ago . . . In 1918, CODELL, KANSAS, is hit by a tornado, exactly two years after it was hit by its first tornado and one year after it was hit by its second tornado! This third one was the most destructive, killing 10 people and wrecking a good portion of the town.
94 years ago . . . In 1920, a radio station in Montreal, Quebec, Canada called XWA began broadcasting the FIRST REGULARLY SCHEDULED RADIO PROGRAMMING in North America. That's right . . . we're only here right now because of CANADIANS.
87 years ago . . . In 1927, CHARLES LINDBERGH took off from New York in "The Spirit Of St. Louis" in his attempt to become the first person to fly NON-STOP ACROSS THE ATLANTIC. He landed safely the next day at Le Bourget Airfield in Paris, France . . . and was awarded a $25,000 prize.
82 years ago . . . In 1932, AMELIA EARHART took off from Newfoundland, heading for Ireland. She landed at Londonderry 15 hours later . . . making her the FIRST WOMAN to fly across the Atlantic by herself. Other trips of hers wouldn't turn out so well.
43 years ago . . . In 1971, three drunken fans at a Cubs game decided to beat up CHICAGO singer PETER CETERA because they thought his HAIR WAS TOO LONG. Cetera lost four teeth and needed five hours of surgery. (I guess there was no one nearby who would fight for his honor or be the hero he was dreaming of.)
26 years ago . . . In 1988, Ron Howard's "Willow" was released . . . starring VAL KILMER and 3-foot-6 former Ewok superstar WARWICK DAVIS!
25 years ago . . . In 1989, TOONCES THE DRIVING CAT debuted on "Saturday Night Live".
25 years ago . . . In 1989, GILDA RADNER died in Los Angeles of ovarian cancer at age 42.
21 years ago . . . In 1993, more than 80 million people watched the FINAL EPISODE OF "CHEERS". That makes it the second-highest-rated series finale ever, just behind "M*A*S*H" and ahead of "Seinfeld".
16 years ago . . . In 1998, FRANK SINATRA was laid to rest, baby.
Five years ago . . . In 2009, MICHAEL VICK was released from Leavenworth Penitentiary and allowed to serve the last two months of his sentence under house arrest. He had spent 19 months behind bars for dogfighting.
Some people think he wasn't punished enough, but remember . . . he's on the Jets now.
Two years ago . . . In 2012, ROBIN GIBB of the BEE GEES died from cancer at 62.