When Do City of Grand Rapids Pools and Splash Pads Open?
With the heat this past weekend, you might be wondering when you can cool off in City of GR pools and splash pads. The answer is - in about two weeks!
According to the City of Grand Rapids, splash pads will open June 7 and pools June 11, 2021. The City Pools will stay open until August 21 and splash pads until September 12.
The City of Grand Rapids has three pools:
- Briggs Park (Lafayette and Knapp NE)
- Martin Luther King (Fuller and Franklin SE)
- Richmond Park (Richmond and Tamarack NW)
Briggs Pool's hours will be Monday 1p.m. to 4p.m. and 5p.m. to 8p.m.,Tuesday 1p.m. to 4p.m, Wednesday through Saturday 1p.m. to 4p.m. and 5 to 8p.m., and Sunday noon to 4p.m.
Martin Luther King Pool's hours will be Monday through Saturday 1p.m. to 4p.m and 5p.m. to 8p.m., Sunday noon to 4p.m.
Richmond Pool's hours will be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday 1p.m. to 4p.m. and 5p.m. to 8p.m., Thursday 1p.m. to 4p.m., and Sunday noon to 4p.m.
Admission is $1 for Grand Rapids residents under 17, residents 18 and over are $2. For non-residents under 17 it's $3 and for those over 17, it's $5. You can find info on punch cards and season passes here.
The City of GR has set the following COVID-19 protocols:
- Maximum capacity will be reduced to allow for physical distancing
- Pools will close for one hour between each three-hour open swim session to allow for facility sanitation
- Face coverings are required when indoors in locker rooms
- Face coverings should not be worn in the water, but physical distancing must be maintained
- Cashless payment options will be offered in addition to cash at all facilities
Splash pads are free! There are 14 throughout the City of Grand Rapids. Hours will be 10a.m. to 9p.m. daily.
- Aberdeen Park -2230 Eastern Ave NE
- Alger Park - 921 Alger Street SE
- Campau Park - 50 Antoine Street SW
- Cherry Park - 725 Cherry Street SE
- Fuller Park - 300 Fuller Avenue NE
- Gerald R Ford Middle School - 851 Madison Avenue SE
- Heartside Park - 301 Ionia Street SW
- Highland Park - 523 Grand Avenue NE
- Joe Taylor Park - 1030 Bemis Street SE
- Lincoln Park - 231 Marion Avenue NW
- Mary Water Park - 1042 Lafayette Ave NE
- Mulick Park - 1632 Sylvan Avenue SE
- Roosevelt Park - 739 Van Raalte Drive SW
- Wilcox Park - 100 Youell Avenue SE
If you know anyone interested, the City is looking to hire pool staff for the upcoming season. You can check out open positions here.