How Did Your Co-Worker Get You In Trouble? – Flashback Friday #TQOTD
It’s time for another Flashback Friday for the Text Question of the Day! This one was originally from April 11, 2019.
TEXT QUESTION OF THE DAY:
How did your co-worker get you in trouble?
- Steve. I’ve never gotten in trouble at work but I might today. Not bc of a coworker but bc of you. You are just adorable and I cannot put the show away this morning. But how can I answer questions on the phone when you’re stealing my attention
- As a mechanical engineer designer, I get thrown under the bus all the time it feels like because no one wants to blame it on the bosses, even if it is their fault. So, since I am the lowest one on the "food chain", I am the one that always gets blamed.
- 2 years ago, a co-worker told my boss that a friend of mine I worked with and me were racing thru our calls and making games out of them, it backfires on her though. A day later they changed the policy for audits and she got written up for being bad at her job
- I took video of my co-worker sleeping at the front desk and sent it to the boss
- What if you know your coworker is doing something wrong and you are afraid to tell on them?
- Text ?......A co-worker and I got in trouble when we got video taped talking about another co-worker who quit because of the video.
- I worked in a kitchen and our boss and chef was a total moron. No matter what we said to Upper management they really didn't care . we couldn't take it any longer so we went on his computer and found proof that he was watching balloon animals while at work. He was fired the next day.
- #questionoftheday I used to work for a place that charged 25 cents for ranch and other sauces. I always worked drive thru and never charged people cus if they asked last second at the window cus I thought it was STUPID that we charged. One time my coworker that was a brownoser caught me and told my boss and ended up making me get in huge trouble. Btw, a majority of people did this except for them and of course I was the only one that got chewed out.
- Stopped at the gas station I worked at part time with my then girlfriend, and the cashier asked me to cover her smoke break. I told her I couldn't and she said "I cover yours!!" My girlfriend thought I had quit.( I was down to a few a day) That was a long night.
- Text question of the day. Long story short....I was reported to HR because we didn’t end up getting pizza. And yes i had to have a meeting about toxic work environments. . #really? #yesreally. #firstworldproblems
- Get thrown under the bus all the time by coworkers ,I work with like 40 women, I'm so used to it that I automatically say go ahead and blame me because I don't care. Love to look at them and simply say" have a nice day". BIOTCH
- Anonymous please. TQOTD. She was on a power trip. She got me written up for insubordination for going above and beyond for a customer. She "tattled" because I offered to mail something to a customer that was supposedly against policy. BS
- We were on a business trip and at the hotel bar they asked for a room # and last name for the check, I gave our bosses. The next week the boss mentioned a large bar tab on he wasn't sure was his. My co worker started laughing and sold me out. I didn't get in huge trouble but that tab did get switched to my expense line. We also never told each other our room #'s when traveling again.
- Me and and a co worker got in trouble racing the Hi-los because goody two shoes on the floor told on us!
- My husband got a guy fired for smoking weed on lunch. They were going to put him on heavy machinery and so he told their boss the guy smokes weed on lunch. The following Friday after lunch he got walked to the office after lunch and had to take a drug test. He failed. Lol
- I posted a meme that said “I’d tell you to go to hell but I work there everyday” on my Facebook and someone told my boss, needless to say she wasn’t very happy
- Tattled on me for being 5 minutes late every day. My boss approached me and said “Technically I have to say something, but I really don’t care. You usually work late and through your lunch so it doesn’t matter. Maybe try to be on time because they’re going to continue to complain.”
- My friend Robyn and I were being to sarcastic and hurt people's itty bitty feelings
- I left a note in a communication note book at had an exclamation point.... I guess it made the note sound mean♀️
- I was brushing my hair at my own desk. Ugh
- Connie’s been trying to keep you out of trouble for years
- I hurt someone’s feelings
- I was called into my bosses office one time because I wasn’t going out to eat at lunch time with everyone. Yes, I actually got into trouble because I couldn’t afford to eat out. So there for I was anti social
- I got into trouble for getting mad at myself and vocalizing it, quietly, because it made someone else upset. Can’t make this stuff up.
- What my coworker did to get me in trouble. I was training a new higher how to close. We have to clean the classrooms at the daycare I work at. I was told by one of my 3 bosses that it's okay if yuu don't mop if there was not a lot of kids in the room that day. Well I let him know this boss said this. I found out the next day he was the son of one of the other bosses and he told his mom. Yeah I got talked to and told that it needs to be cleaned property everytime. (A few years ago now) what's really funny is a few weeks later that boss that talked to me cleaned a room across from mine. She didn't do 1/2 of what was on the list for cleaning.
- My coworker got me in trouble by passing me the walk-in talkie just to distract me and make me laugh. Not only that but by hiding in the box room and jumping out at people and me just standing their laughing lol oh the joys of work.
- Debra (good co worker) Blanch (obviously bad) So I needed 3 weekends off in a row. My boss told me he only allows 2 weekends off a month, his policy not the companies. So I devised a plan with Debra for her to request off the 3rd weekend I needed off then at the last minute we would have her pick up my shifts through another manager. Game. Set. Match right? Wrong. We were telling Blanch our plan and how if this works it benefits everyone in the department. Everyone else was like you guys are BRILLIANT!! But Blanch decided she wanted to kiss ass real bad to our boss and told him our plan! He pulled Debra and I into the office separately and threatened to fire us both, especially me because it was my idea and I was the one needing the time off. And I supposedly took advantage of sweet sweet Debra. Debra is no angel so don't be fooled. Neither of us got fired but I nearly fought Blanch when we worked together next. No one likes her or trusts her now and I ended up quitting a few months later because time with my family is more important.
- I actually got pulled into my office and had to have two of my managers talk to me because I got in trouble for being a bully to two girls that work with me. The ways I bullied were I gave one of my co-workers that I have been giving him rides home for the last 2 years cuz he lives five blocks away from me I gave him a ride home but one of the girls has a crush on him and she doesn't like it when I'm with him so I was mean cause he asked me and not her. The other way I was a bully is I hang out with one of the other girls' ex-boyfriend and that implies that I am trying to steal him from her even though that is not the case and they went to my managers and said that I found him on tinder and that it is affecting my work ethic. for one I don't have a tinder for two I didn't even know he had a tinder for three I dated his cousin. So overall I explained to my managers that I did nothing wrong and that I am the furthest person from a bully and I still had to get a slap on the wrist for giving a guy a ride home so he didn't have to walk in the cold. none of which any of these incidences are work related it's all these girls just being jealous of something that is not even there.