What Conversation Will Be Guaranteed To Start A Fight Tomorrow?
Let's start a fight this Thanksgiving. Or maybe not... But if you could start a fight, what will guarantee to get people heated at the dinner table?
What one conversation will be guaranteed to start a fight tomorrow?
- I am NOT starting it this weekend, but telling my family that I’m having no kids at my wedding is going to be a big argument(we have so many little ones around)
- With one of my daughters it would be Trump with my mom it would be Gun control
- Not a fight.... but I love to get up early, put the buzz on, smoke the bird, and prep the food. We eat for 20 minutes, rest our eyes LOL. And then I wait to see who is going to clean up the kitchen..... Most times I need to recruit, while I'm enjoying another beverage in front of the fireplace, all while I hear the dishes clanking in the other room, with the grumbling!! Maybe that's why nobody comes over anymore??
- Politics...Trump will be re-elected in 2020
- Who let the dog out
- Politics, money, religion, the three things to not bring up.
- Anything to do with the Detroit Lions
- Who doing dishes
- Text question: "When are you going to have children?" STOP ASKING. My husband and I just got married in 2018, were 22 years old. Just calm down. Unless your buying me a house, I'm not having kids anytime soon.
- ooooh good one. my brother in laws denial of his alcoholism. hes been to detox twice but refuses to do any after care. it makes my sisters life miserable but shes the ultimate enabler. my husband has no filter so this is going to be just a freaking joy.
- SECRETS. There is a long running animosity between two of my siblings and one is hosting. My mom said she wants all of us together. I devised an early out for my sibling. I am NOT looking forward to it. Rather than a blow out, it will be awkward silence and tension.
- I dont know what it will be about , but something will come up to fight about...more than likely my wine drinking i use to tolerate my husbands family this day will contribute to one or more subjects to argue over.
- The fight the might come to fruition is me my two sister-in-law's and mother-in-law is all of us just making small talk we will all get snarky and mean with each other. We don't really get along, so holidays and get togethers are tense.
- Well considering we support and pay for pretty much everything at my mother in laws(electricity, property taxes, etc) since my father in law passed along with our own and also take care of two of our Aunts as well since their husbands passed while letting my husbands cousin and older brother (who by the way are over 50) also live with my mother in law and get nothing in return, I’m pretty sure that would start something. And no we don’t even get an offer to help pay for anything. Plus we have our own family of 5 to take care of (3 of which are teenagers). The catch: we co own the farm she lives on and my husband is a farmer at heart so kind of stuck but tired of freeloaders.
- Not a fight but some butt hurt family...my honey and I are flying to Jamaica for our wedding. And no one is going with us!!!!! No drama on our wedding/vacation!!!!
- My husband’s family are Republicans, and we are Democrats. You do the meth.
- Connie and fish, it's not really a fight per se. But my mom is the Queen of guilt trips (like all moms. Lol). I am the only one in my family to have graduated from college. And now I have a "real job". I work in a "social work" field, with people who are experiencing homelessness. which is already emotionally draining. But whenever I spend an extended amount of time with my mom, she always has to bring up how proud of me she is, except for the fact that I have time for other people's families but not my own.
- Putting up Christmas decorations "too early"
- Our fight would be can you wait until people are done eating before you take all the food and pack it in your car it's not leftovers until everybody's done
- Too much to drink!! Liquid courage!!
- I have 2. It would be politics (obviously lol) and my sister in law. Shes 19 and making some crappy decisions lol
- The one who starts the arguments isn’t invited this year! But it’s usually about how the world isn’t how it used to be and young people are the worst. We don’t fight unless he is around!
- A conversation that would start a fight is what time are we eating at? Every year someone is late and the one hosting the party says we have to wait to eat. One year we didn't get to eat until 10 at night!!! The person was 4 hours late!! When it was my turn to host, I said we weren't waiting for anyone. Ya they didnt like that!!!
- four secrets I'm bound to get into a fight with my mom over the portion size of food that I give my almost 1 year old. She thinks I gave him too big of pieces but I know what she can handle what he can't handle since we did baby LED weaning with him since he was 6 months old. He's been able to eat a whole slice of pizza on his own since he was seven-month-old I think he can handle turkey. Also would like to add that she needs to realize that babies have an anterior gag reflex and also do not need teeth to chew and eat food
- Secrets: fighting about why the dog is so fat
- TQOFTD-my sister having a child out of wedlock and getting married to the baby's daddy without them knowing.
- Is Dr. Pepper a root beer or a cola? For some reason my Dad demands that it is a root beer so I like to tell him it's a cola.
- Can we please medicate that child yet?
- Finally telling my mom that her food sucks. Jello fruit salad, velveta mac n cheese, and her horrible attempt at cheesy potatoes. Really mom? Just because your mom made those dishes for you in the 1950s doesn't mean it should be a tradition. They are disgusting!
- This actually happened last year so hopefully it doesn't happen again this year, but my family was fighting over my grandfather inheritence. Oh did I mention that he was still alive and in the middle of the conversation? Awkward and uncomfortable as all get out!