What Is Something You Are Proud Of That You Are Embarrassed To Talk About? – #TQOTD
What's that little hidden talent, hobby, or guilty pleasure that you are just too embarrassed to talk about?
TEXT QUESTION OF THE DAY:
What is something you are proud of that you are embarrassed to talk about?
- My wife and me were eating at a restaurant, and the lady behind us was chocking on a piece of steak. She could not breath at all. No one knew how to do the Heimlich. So I got up and did it. Saved here life but broke her ribs doing it.....
- The thing im proud of that im embarrassed to talk about is the way i pulled myself out of a deep depression. 3 years ago after my husband left i fell into a deep depression. Being a newly single mom and dealing with the loss of my best friend was overwhelming. I found myself in this dark hole screaming for someone to save myle but felt like no one could hear me. I had hit rock bottom and found myself on my knees, bawling my eyes out in front of my therapist begging for her to help me. She in fact got me the help i needed and im so proud of the person i am today because of it. To anyone out there fighting this same battle, please know that you are NOT alone. Its ok to not be ok. I promise.
- TQOTD: I just got out of prison last November. I want to leave my past in the past and obviously am not too keen on announcing I spent time behind bars. But... Even though it's embarrassing to admit (because it announces I was in prison) I am proud that I am doing well on parole, staying clean, working, being productive and being the good man I was meant to be
- I had the photo shoot done at Glamor Shots, like every other 80's girl, in my early twenties. My mom and I were walking through East Town one evening and they had a HUGE blown up photo of me on one wall in the store! It was so cool...then.
- My Masonic heritage everyone judges me so i don’t discuss it much unless I’ve met someone that’s been a PHQ and they have a clue what I’m talking about
- I took flying lessons because I was so afraid to fly on an airplane! I figured if i knew what was happening and the mechanics of a plane, it would help me. And, it sure has! Best money spent!
- Running. It has helped my mental stability and my physical health, but I think my friends couldn't care less.
- I have a teaching degree but would rather clean homes.
- That I've written and published three books and I'm writing more.
- BIP: Celine Dion is not only my favorite Canadian but my favorite female musical performer of ALL TIME!!! She makes me cry in the car everytime.
- That I have too many baseball hats! I have one for every MLB team! Have at least 200 hats
- I took a shower. ♀️
- I’m a rockstar flute player.
- snapple cap collection
- Leaving an abusive marriage.
- My family lmao
- Leaving my "dream job" of being a teacher behind. Seven years of college did not pay off! At least I have my bachelor's and decided that my happiness is more important than being stressed for the rest of my life. I'm proud I quit!
- My job ...yeah im not using my degree.....but i make more, have better benefits, better vacation time and work better hours than i would if i worked in my field. Hardly any weekends! Plus i kind of enjoy the actual work itself more.
- I sing like and angel but haven't told a soul. A couple of people have caught me here and there and demand to hear more....but it doesn't happen
- TQOTD.. On a good day, I'm a pretty decent singer.. I'm incredibly shy about it and you will probably never hear me, but I'm pretty proud of my hidden talent ♀️
- I’m proud that I’ve woken up an hour early everyday this year so that I could work out, but I’m always embarrassed to talk about it because I feel like if I do t lose as much weight as I should then I’ll just be seen as a failure.
- I'm a brother in pain and I have 13 pairs of Nike's and counting proud of my shoes but being a guy don't talk about it alot
- I was and have always been proud to be a mom. I had my first at 20 and people tried to make me feel embarrassed all the time. My kids are my everything. I’m now 26 with 3 kids 2 of them being twins. All girls and all perfect.
- What I’m proud of but embarrassed to talk about ... being a single mom with no family living in this state. No father figure in her life. She is turning 11 this month... and I have now been single for just over 11 years. I’m embarrassed that I’ve had to do it all alone. But I did it, and no one can say I’m weak!
- I'm proud of myself for completing 5 years of probation with no violations which my last day was yesterday but I hate talking about it because it's a part of my past I want to leave behind me
- I'm proud of my singing. In my lifetime I've performed in front of crowds of thousands, at a church on Sundays, even weddings and funerals. I know I'm fairly good. But I get embarrassed when people who have heard me tell others how "good" I am. I never know what to say and I'd rather they just hear me first without the expectations.
- Secretly proud of my boyfriend and my relationship thats going well but don't like to talk about it mainly with my family as they can't accept their 32 year old gay son
- TQOTD: Something I am proud of but embarrassed to talk about is how far I have come with my anxiety thanks to medication & therapy. I was in a really dark place & had troubles functioning day to day a couple years back & now my anxiety rarely flares up to the extent that it used to.
- One thing I am proud of is that I became the manager of a tanning salon when I was only 20 years old. I get embarrassed when people ask me where I work and what I do because every time I say I manage a tanning salon, they immediately look down on me because "tanning isn't good for you".
- ? Of da day..... i'm proud of the money I make and then I'm the best at what I do but I'm not gonna talk about it, lol. U can't touch me biotches
- Tqotd: *warning pig* I am a man, and I do not have a refraction period during balloon animals.
- I am proud to admit that I successfully left and emotionally abusive relationship with my sons father. It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to go through. And we are successfully coparenting our son. I am still healing from this relationship and it is still a fresh wound but I feel so proud of myself to finally stand my ground. Abuse is not universal and it isn’t always physical but it always takes a toll. Get out if you can and seek help if you can because I am finally living my life the way it was meant to be lived
- Doing a divorce photoshoot. Was so empowering and badass after a painful divorce. But not everyone thought so. But I am still glad I did it!
- I can touch my tongue to my nose! I think it’s cool but really don’t think other people wanna see it hahaha
- I can fit an entire whopper in my mouth and swallow it whole, call me anaconda♀