What Is Your Favorite Word And Why? – #TQOTD
Pull out your dictionaries and thesauruses because you're going to need them if you want to fully understand every word on this list.
TEXT QUESTION OF THE DAY:
What is your favorite word and why?
- Philosophy. Because what does the word really mean?
- Precipice. Just love saying it. Was the name of my 5th grade reading book, I used the dictionary to learn what it meant, and have lived it since.
- Right now it's WTF because, you know, 2020. It's usually shenanigans, but there will be none of those this year.
- Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. Because it’s the longest word in the English dictionary and super fun to say once you know how.
- Colloquialism. Because I know a lot of them and like watching someone's face when I point one out and he/she has NO idea what I'm talking about. A lot of the older generation knows what I mean and will laugh, but sometimes...I get the laugh.
- Whatchamacallit..because it fits when you can't remember the name of something.
- Juxtaposition. I love when I get a chance to use it. Makes me feel smart.
- SERIOUSLY......because it can take the place of multiple words and I can't get in trouble because I'm not swearing at inappropriate times
- Noodle - it’s fun to say! I feel like you can’t be sad when you say noodle.
- Homogenization - because it's just fun to say!
- All my favorite words are the naughty ones ♀️ do I really need have a reason? Ok 2020.
- NO! Because I feel like that is all say to my dogs, daughter and husband. ♀️
- Moist... because it makes a lot of people cringe..♀️
- Cornucopia it's fun to say !!!!
- Clandestine. I just told my husband today at lunch, that clandestine is my new favorite word!
- Mellifluence. It just rolls off the tongue.
- Bunny. Just fun to say.
- It’s 2 words but I say it often enough together it may as well be 1...you’re fine!! Whatever the situation is, whoever it is, you’re fine♀️
- My favorite word is phenomenal... It's kind of fun to say but I use it all the time especially when I'm talking about food or my boys when they do something good I just think it's a really uplifting word and I love the way that some people can't say it correctly.
- TQOTD. Lovely. It flows and it even sounds lovely, especially with a British accent. That's what clinched it for me, when I was a camp counselor in the Stone Age and became friends with my girl, Ali, from Preston.
- Prophylactic, because many people find the word hilarious! It cracks people up.
- My favorite word is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Because it's an amazing long work.
- Fav word: In English? ... say it slowly like Buddy the Elf: Francisco In Spanish... Google the pronunciation Fish or you'll murder it.... El sacapuntas. Fun to say! It just means pencil sharpener My kids did Spanish immersion and just to annoy them I yell that it them, it's fun to say and embarrasses the heck out of them bc why the heck is their mom shouting pencil sharpener!!
- TQOTD- word is discombobulated. Why? Well say it. IT'S FUN!!!! BUTTHURT AND SHEBOYGAN!!!
- My favorite work word: Alleviate
- Because honestly it just sounds better then release or reduce or lighten.
- My favorite at home word- Scut
- The mix of skank and slut that my husband made up for me when he is crossed at me, because he’s not allowed to say bad words in front of our children to me, so he made one up. Which makes him a scut.
- TQOTD-My favorite word is butthurt. Lol. These days everybody is butthurt And it's fun to say.And Sheboygan. Cause thats fun to say too
- My favorite word is boobs. Lol probably because I love mine and it’s a great word and you can spell it on calculators!
- Mudder f**ker! Lol it just rolls off the younger perfectly
- F**k. Because it applies to every situation.
- Twatwaffle Because it makes people smile and makes me giggle lol