Your daily dose of whatever includes:
- Random Wednesday Facts
- Flea releases statement about RHCP Super Bowl Performance...was it all fake?
- Bieber knows Selena loved him...here's why.
Justin Bieber Knew Selena Gomez Was in Love with Him When She Agreed to Give Up Her Virginity
A so-called "source" tells Radar Online that JUSTIN BIEBER bragged to a friend about being SELENA GOMEZ'S "FIRST." Justin supposedly said, quote, "I knew she was in love with me when she gave me her virginity."
The friend says it happened in the summer of 2011, when Justin and Selena made plans to go to Palm Springs SPECIFICALLY to do the nasty.
The friend adds, quote, "The purpose of the trip was 100% because Selena finally said 'yes' to having sex with him. They agreed [to do it] because they both said they were in love." (This true "love" lasted two years, give or take.)
Did Justin Bieber Want to Get Baptized in New York City Last Weekend?
The "New York Post" says JUSTIN BIEBER was looking for a place in Manhattan with a private pool on Saturday . . . because he wanted to get BAPTIZED.
A source says, quote, "Justin is serious about his Christian faith, and after recent events, he needed to take a pause."
Another source adds, quote, "Justin and his team [wanted to] conduct a baptism for him, a cleansing ritual, with the Hillsong Church, but they couldn't find a place in time."
Sexy Pictures of Famous People
1. CLAUDIA SCHIFFER is 43 and she still looks like THIS. Is that fair?
3. BRAD PITT and ANGELINA JOLIE held hands during a dinner date in Australia.
4. British minx KELLY BROOK has an insane beach body . . . but her boyfriend might be even HOTTER.
5. MARIAH CAREY in a bikini top still works for me. You?
6. We wanted TIFFANI THIESSEN in a bikini, and by golly we GOT IT.
7. Here's what Seahawks quarterback RUSSELL WILSON got for winning the Super Bowl: A courtside seat at a Nets game with JAY Z and BEYONCÉ.
8. KATY PERRY and JOHN MAYER hit a strip club in Santa Barbara after the Super Bowl, and Katy took pictures with some of the ladies.
Four People Were Arrested in the Philip Seymour Hoffman Case
New York City police arrested four people as part of their investigation into the overdose of PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN. They'd gotten a warrant to search three apartments in a building in New York's Chinatown. Sources say they were tipped off by someone who bought heroin from the same dealer Hoffman did.
Police got a warrant to search three apartments in a building in Chinatown. They were apparently looking for two men in particular, after being tipped off by, quote, "someone in the heroin market in New York City."
This person apparently bought from the same people Hoffman did, so he used to see him at the guy's apartment.
Meanwhile, several celebrities were seen yesterday, paying their respects at the home Hoffman shared with his longtime partner Mimi O'Donnell and their children.
Did Philip Seymour Hoffman Once Participate in an Intervention for Heath Ledger?
Rumor has it that PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN once participated in a drug intervention for HEATH LEDGER. Sources also say Hoffman went to support groups like AA, where he was a big help to others because he'd been clean for so long.
Paul Walker Left Everything to His Daughter . . . But He Wants His Mother to Have Custody of Her
PAUL WALKER left his entire $25 million estate to his 15-year-old daughter Meadow. But some of the other conditions of his will might cause problems among those he left behind.
Meadow lived with her mother, Rebecca Soteros, for the first 13 years of her life. She'd been living with Paul since 2011, but went back with Rebecca after Paul died.
But Paul's will states that he wants his own mother to be Meadow's guardian, and he wants his father to control the estate. It's not clear if Rebecca is cool with this.
Richard Gere Dumped Julia Roberts in the Original Draft of "Pretty Woman" . . . and Four Other Alternate Endings
A new list of alternate movie endings includes: RICHARD GERE paying JULIA ROBERTS for the week and leaving her in the gutter at the end of "Pretty Woman" . . . and SYLVESTER STALLONE throwing the fight in "Rocky" so he can buy a pet store.
"Rocky": Rocky THROWS the fight for money . . . instead of taking world champion Apollo Creed 15 rounds and losing by decision . . . and buys Adrienne the PET STORE.
"Alien": The alien kills SIGOURNEY WEAVER by biting off her head . . . then gets on the radio and communicates with Earth in HER voice.
"Seven": In the movie, after BRAD PITT finds his girlfriend's head in a box, he shoots the killer, KEVIN SPACEY. But originally they were going to have Brad's partner, MORGAN FREEMAN, kill him, so Brad wouldn't get the blame.
"There's Something About Mary": After BEN STILLER FINALLY hooks back up with CAMERON DIAZ, he gets hit by a bus. The end.
Jay Leno Made 4,607 Bill Clinton Jokes During His "The Tonight Show" Run
Someone put together a rundown of the most common targets of JAY LENO'S jokes over the past 21 years . . . and apparently, Leno took the most shots at BILL CLINTON. 4,607 jokes to be exact. He made more than 1,300 fewer jokes about GEORGE W. BUSH, who came in second.
1. Bill Clinton, 4,607 jokes
2. George W. Bush, 3,239 jokes
3. Al Gore, 1,026 jokes
4. Barack Obama, 1,011 jokes
5. Hillary Clinton, 939 jokes
6. O.J. Simpson, 795 jokes
7. Dick Cheney, 673 jokes
8. Michael Jackson, 505 jokes
9. Monica Lewinsky, 454 jokes
10. Bob Dole, 452 jokes
The 50 Greatest "SNL" Sketches of All Time
1. "Matt Foley, Motivational Speaker", with Chris Farley, from 1993
2. "Buh-Weet Sings", with Eddie Murphy, from 1981
3. "[D-word] in a Box", with Andy Samberg and Justin Timberlake, from 2006
4. "Wayne's World: Madonna Fantasy", with Mike Myers, Dana Carvey and Madonna, from 1991
5. "Point / Counterpoint", with Jane Curtin and Dan Aykroyd, from 1978 . . . specifically, the quote: "Jane, you ignorant slut."
6. "Stefon's Halloween Tips", with Bill Hader, from 2012
7. "Choppin' Broccoli", with Dana Carvey, from 1986
8. "White Like Me", with Eddie Murphy, from 1984
9. "Behind the Music: Blue Oyster Cult", with Christopher Walken and Will Ferrell on the cowbell, from 2000
10. "Word Association", with Chevy Chase and Richard Pryor, from 1975 . . . this is the one where Chevy said the N-word on the air. (WARNING: The N-word is UNCENSORED in the video at the above link.)
The Super Bowl Ratings Were Adjusted Up . . . and Obama's State of the Union Was the Least Watched in 14 Years
Once the final numbers were in, the ratings for "Super Bowl 48" were adjusted up to 112.2 million viewers and "New Girl" had 26.3 million viewers. Meanwhile, Obama's "State of the Union Address" was the lowest rated of the past 14 years. It averaged 33.3 million viewers across 15 networks.
1. "Super Bowl 48", Fox, 112.2 million viewers.
2. "Super Bowl Post Game", Fox, 65.8 million viewers.
3. "New Girl", Fox, 26.3 million viewers.
4. "Big Bang Theory", CBS, 19 million viewers.
5. "Brooklyn Nine Nine", Fox, 15.1 million viewers.
6. "Blue Bloods", CBS, 12.9 million viewers.
7. Wednesday's "American Idol", Fox, 12.7 million viewers
8. An "NCIS" repeat, CBS, 11.7 million viewers.
9. "The Millers", CBS, 11.5 million viewers
10. Thursday's episode of "American Idol", Fox, 11.4 million viewers
Wednesday TV Reminders:
• "American Idol" . . . 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. on Fox. Hollywood week begins.
• "The Middle" . . . 8:00 to 9:00 P.M. on ABC. Keegan-Michael Key from Comedy Central's "Key & Peele" guest stars as a minister who counsels the family.
• "Law & Order: SVU" . . . 9:00 to 10:00 P.M. on NBC. Rosanna Arquette guest stars, along with Mark Boone Jr. from "Sons of Anarchy".
• "Top Chet" [11th Season Finale] . . . 10:00 to 11:00 P.M. on Bravo.
Tonight's Late Night Talk Shows:
• "Letterman" - Matt Damon and Lenny Kravitz.
• "Jimmy Kimmel" -Ashton Kutcher, Sarah Paulson, and The Head and the Heart.
• "The Tonight Show" - Sandra Bullock, Blake Shelton, and Vintage Trouble.
• "Jimmy Fallon" - "The Best of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon: Guest Comedy Pieces".
• "Carson Daly" - British singer Jake Bugg and "House of Cards" producer Beau Willimon.
• "Arsenio" - Larry King, comedian DeRay Davis, and DJ Baby Chino.
• "Conan" - Michelle Monaghan ("True Detective"), Nick Offerman (the pirate Metalbeard in "The Lego Movie"), and comedian Daniel Sloss.
• "Craig Ferguson" - Jim Parsons.
• "Chelsea Lately" - 14-year-old Emma Kenney, from Showtime's "Shameless".
• "Jon Stewart" - George Clooney.
• "The Colbert Report" - Lake Street Dive.
Flea Says the NFL Wouldn't Let the Chili Peppers Perform Live at the Super Bowl, But the Vocals Were Legit
FLEA has confirmed that the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS were NOT playing their instruments live during the Super Bowl halftime show, because the NFL wouldn't let them. He said that it was a difficult decision . . . but they went ahead with it, mostly because the vocals WOULD be live.
In a post on the band's website, FLEA admits that the NFL wouldn't let them play their instruments live, but ANTHONY KIEDIS' vocals WERE legit.
He says, quote, "I understand the NFL's stance on this, given they only have a few minutes to set up the stage . . .
"There [are] a zillion things that could go wrong and ruin the sound for the folks watching. There was not any room for argument on this, the NFL does not want to risk their show being botched by bad sound, period."
He said the band is usually against this sort of thing . . . but after a lot of consideration, they decided to go ahead with it, for the surreal, "once in a lifetime" opportunity to perform at the Super Bowl.
He also said they recorded the music earlier that day, specifically for the Super Bowl. (Here's his full statement.)
Five Random Facts For Wednesday
1. From 1923 to 1969, the official language of Illinois was "American."
2. The first movie to feature the word "vagina" was . . . a DISNEY movie. It was an educational film they released in 1946 called "The Story of Menstruation".
3. In the early 1900s, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich was considered a delicacy and only eaten by rich people. Eventually, by the 1920s, the price of peanut butter went way down.
4. In an NHL game, if all of a team's goalies are injured, the team has the option to suit up anyone as their goalie . . . even someone from the stands. Of course, they'd probably just have another player suit up instead . . . but prepare just in case?
5. The Hubble telescope's lens is so powerful that if YOU had its vision, you'd be able to stand in New York and see two bugs flying next to each other in San Francisco.
Five Ways Social Media Ruins Relationships
1. It's too easy to find out when the other person lied to you about where they were going or what they were doing.
2. When you're first dating someone, you can go through their old posts and interactions and see if they used the same lines and moves on someone else.
3. You initially like someone because you're compatible with their PROFILE . . . but it turns out not to represent who they really are.
4. The other person is TOO obsessed with social media, and focuses on it more than they focus on you.
5. Seeing endless photos of your friends on vacations and at parties with their significant others makes you feel like your relationship is boring.
20% of People Log In to Their Significant Other's Facebook at Least Once a Month
According to a new survey, 20% of people log in to their significant other's Facebook at least once a month using their password . . . 28% check their significant other's phone . . . 30% still regularly stalk their exes on social media . . . 49% have sent or received sexual texts or photos . . . and half still have those texts or photos saved.
1. 20% of people log in to their significant other's Facebook at least once a month by using that person's password.
2. 28% regularly check their significant other's phone for messages and photos.
3. 49% of people have sent or received sexual texts or photos from their phone. And half of them still have those texts or photos on their phone right now.
4. 30% of people admit they still regularly stalk their exes on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
5. 14% have made a HOMEMADE SEX TAPE with their cell phone. (Mcafee)
In Honor of Their 10th Anniversary, Facebook Made a Video of Your Life
Facebook just turned 10, and in honor of their birthday . . . they want to dredge up all the embarrassing stuff you were doing back when you joined their site.
Facebook just launched a new feature that throws together a one-minute retrospective of your time on Facebook featuring photos, wall posts, and more. Check yours out at Facebook.com/LookBack.
12 Rules for Being a Good Boyfriend . . . According to Two Girls Aged 6 and 9
1. Nice handwriting.
3. He should like his girlfriend's parents.
4. He's not living with HIS parents.
5. "Nice jewelry." We assume that means he GIVES nice jewelry, not wears it.
6. He doesn't pick his nose.
7. He doesn't try to kiss you on the first date.
8. He's ALWAYS happy.
9. He respects different religions. (???)
10. His last name is "not weird."
11. He brushes and flosses.
12. He doesn't tattle tale.
The BBC Mistakenly Said It's the Chinese "Year of the Whores"
It was just Chinese New Year, ringing in the Year of the Horse. So remember to stop writing "Year of the Snake" on your checks. HEY-YO!
Unfortunately, the closed captioning person over at the BBC wasn't quite familiar with the Chinese zodiac . . . and during a story on Chinese New Year, they typed in the subtitle, quote, "Welcome to the year of the whores." (The Independent)
Photos of the Day: Create Horrifying Photos of Your Friends Using the Panoramic Setting on Your Camera Phone
If your phone has a "panoramic" setting, it turns out you can use it to make horrifying photos of your friends . . . where it looks like they've got arms growing out of their NECK and stuff. You just start shooting and let them move around a bit, but don't actually pan across the entire room.
Shivering For 10 Minutes Burns as Many Calories as Exercising For an Hour?
According to a new study, SHIVERING for 10 to 15 minutes burns as many calories as an HOUR of moderate exercise. The researchers found that both cold and exercise help produce a good kind of fat in your body that burns calories.
Six Things You Don't Know About Starbucks
1. Starbucks has grown by an average of two stores per day, every day . . . for the past 27 YEARS.
2. Santa Fe Springs, in Southern California, has the highest concentration of Starbucks stores in the U.S. There are 560 within a 25-mile radius.
3. A Starbucks Grande coffee has 330 milligrams of caffeine . . . or over four times more than Red Bull.
4. Starbucks had a $1.25 billion profit last year, which is the equivalent of two Grande coffees purchased by every single American.
5. For some iced drinks, Starbucks offers a 31-ounce size called the TRENTA. It's larger than the capacity of the human stomach.
6. 20% of Starbucks customers go there at least 16 times a month.
What's the Worst Thing You've Ever Found in a Hotel Room?
What's the worst thing you've ever found in a hotel room? Some of the best ones we've heard are a guy who woke up in a motel bed covered in hundreds of ants . . . and someone who found a hidden camera in his clock at a hotel in Vegas.
1. "I stayed at a motel and the room looked surprisingly nice. Nice bed, nice TV, clean bathroom. I woke up in the morning covered head-to-toe in hundreds of ants."
2. "I was staying at a decent hotel, and as I went to open one of the folded towels, a maxi pad fell out. A USED maxi pad."
3. "At a so-so, but not terrible hotel, I saw a wet, dark area in the corner where the back of the bed meets the wall. It smelled bad enough for me to check out. There was a cluster of pretty big mushrooms growing. Fungus IN a hotel room."
4. "I found the alarm clock in my room in Vegas had a hidden camera in it. The front desk said it wasn't their standard alarm clock and someone must've switched it to record people. They gave me a free week."
5. "I stayed at a hotel that sometimes shut off its pipes for winter and had just turned them back on. When my wife went to take a shower, ROACHES started pouring out of every open drain . . . a huge colony had been living in the shut off pipes." (Reddit)
Police Investigate a Domestic Violence Situation . . . But It Turns Out to Be Pigs Having an Orgy?
Last Monday, a woman in Maine called the cops when she heard her neighbor screaming, and thought it was a domestic violence situation. But when the cops showed up, it turned out the sounds were coming from a MALE pig . . . who'd just been put in a pen with five female pigs in HEAT.
Darren Criss is 27. Deliciously gay Blaine on "Glee".
Cristiano Ronaldo is 29. One of the highest paid soccer players ever, thanks to the $132 million contract he inked with a Real Madrid in Spain in 2009.
Gena Marbles is 30. Mattress actress whose 157 fine films include "Fifty Shades of Bizarre", "Mission Possible 2", and "Lady of the Rings". (Not to be confused with YouTube comedienne Jenna Marbles.)
Rod Roddenberry is 40. The son of "Star Trek" legends Gene Roddenberry and Majel Barrett. His mom was Nurse Chapel and did the voice of the ship's computer.
Sara Evans is 43. Country singer who dropped out of "Dancing with the Stars" because she was going through a nasty divorce.
Michael Sheen is 45. Dr. William Masters on Showtime's "Masters of Sex".
Bobby Brown is 45.
Chris Parnell is 47. Former "SNL" star who has a recurring role as Dr. Leo Spaceman on "30 Rock" and does the voice of Cyril Figgis on FX's "Archer". He's also Garth in the "Anchorman" movies.
Duff McKagan is 50. Ex Guns N' Roses bassist who's now in Velvet Revolver . . . which DOES still exist, despite the fact that they haven't done anything or even had a lead singer since Two-Thousand-Freakin'-Eight.
Laura Linney is 50. "Kinsey", "You Can Count on Me", "Mystic River", "Love Actually", and Showtime's "The Big C". Eric Stoltz used to nail her good. She's now married to some guy and just had a baby last month!
Jennifer Jason Leigh is 52. "Single White Female", "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" and "Road to Perdition". Eric Stoltz used to nail her good, too!
(Other women Eric Stoltz used to nail good whose birthdays are NOT today: Ally Sheedy, Lili Taylor and Bridget Fonda!)
TIM MEADOWS! "The Ladies Man" is 53 today!
Christopher Guest is 66. Count Rugen, the six-fingered man, in "The Princess Bride" . . . Harlan Pepper in "Best in Show" . . . and Nigel Tufnel in "Spinal Tap"! He's married to Jamie Lee Curtis and he's also an "SNL" alumnus.
Darrell Waltrip is 67. NASCAR redneck and the voice of Darrell Cartrip in "Cars".
Al Kooper is 70. Keyboardist for Blood, Sweat & Tears!
Al Kooper also played organ on Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone", French horn on the Stones' "You Can't Always Get What You Want", wrote the 1965 #1 hit "This Diamond Ring" AND produced Lynyrd Skynyrd's first album!
Cory Wells is 72. Three Dog Night! He lead-sings on such classics as "Mama Told Me Not to Come", "Eli's Coming" and "Try a Little Tenderness". He did not have a $2,000-a-day coke habit like Chuck Negron.
Roger Staubach is 72. Legendary Dallas Cowboys quarterback.
HANK AARON is 80. He hit 755 home runs . . . SANS STEROIDS! SCREW YOU, BARRY BONDS!
RED BUTTONS! (1919 - 2006) THE WORLD'S MOST FAMOUS RED-HEADED COMEDIAN! SCREW YOU, CARROT TOP!
Countdown to Upcoming Events
• 2 days to the Winter Olympics
• 4 days to "The Walking Dead"
• 9 days to Valentine's Day
• 19 days until "The Voice" returns
• 25 days to the Oscars
• 1,080 days left of "Hope and Change"
97 years ago . . . in 1917 - Foolish Congressmen passed a law BANNING SMOOTH, HAIRLESS ASIANS from entering our country . . . unless they were from Japan or the Philippines.
65 years ago . . . in 1949 - The IRS revealed that HUMPHREY BOGART was Hollywood's top-earning actor, with a before-taxes salary of $467,000 . . . while BETTE DAVIS was the highest-paid woman of ANY profession in America, earning $328,000.
61 years ago . . . in 1953 - Walt Disney's "Peter Pan" opened at the Roxy Theatre in New York City.
(How many boys became MEN later that night, while thinking about Tinkerbell after mom and dad tucked them in for the night? I don't really care. I'm asking for a friend.)
61 years ago . . . in 1953 - At the 5th Emmy Awards, "I Love Lucy" received the Emmy for Best Situation Comedy.
Over the next several years, LUCILLE BALL, WILLIAM FRAWLEY and VIVIAN VANCE all received their own Emmys . . . but the show's only brown man, DESI ARNAZ, never did! MIRA QUE TIENE COSA!!! ES UN PEEN-CHEE KAH-VRONE!!!
48 years ago . . . in 1966 - Surf-rockers THE MARKETTS entered the Hot 100 chart for the fifth and last time with the "Batman Theme". It reached #17 in nine weeks on the charts. HOLY MEDIOCRITY!
48 years ago . . . in 1966 - Sergeant Barry Sadler's "The Ballad Of The Green Berets" entered the low reaches of the pop chart. It quickly climbed all the way to #1 and stayed on top of the chart for 13 weeks.
37 years ago . . . in 1977 - The "Barney Miller" spin-off, "Fish", premiered on ABC . . . starring the incredibly sexy ABE VIGODA and a young TODD BRIDGES!
(Quick Quiz: Abe Vigoda . . . Dead or Alive? ALIVE! He turns 93 this month. Believe it or not, Todd Bridges is still alive, too.)
26 years ago . . . in 1988 - ANDRE THE GIANT defeated HULK HOGAN for the WWF title in the first wrestling match to be shown on prime time TV in 30 YEARS.
Andre immediately gave up the title, SELLING it to THE MILLION DOLLAR MAN. But the WWF decided the sale was invalid and VACATED the title.
22 years ago . . . in 1992 - OH MY GAWD! The NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK performed on "The Arsenio Hall Show" in order to deny lip-synching allegations made by a Chicago fan as well as the group's former music producer.
18 years ago . . . in 1996 - ELIZABETH TAYLOR filed for divorce from her SEVENTH husband, construction idiot LARRY FORESKINSKY. He was also her last. She died in 2011 and never remarried.
16 years ago . . . in 1998 - TIM KELLY of SLAUGHTER died of massive head injuries after his car was hit by a semi. He was 34 . . . and very talented. (???)
15 years ago . . . in 1999 - MIKE TYSON was sentenced to a year in jail for assaulting two frightened motorists after a car accident in 1998. He was unleashed on the world again after just three and a half months.
13 years ago . . . in 2001 - It was announced that sexy KELLY RIPA would join superstar REGIS PHILBIN as the permanent replacement for the beautiful, talented and completely unobnoxious KATHIE LEE GIFFORD.
13 years ago . . . in 2001 - TOM CRUISE and NICOLE KIDMAN announced that they were breaking up.
12 years ago . . . in 2002 - WINONA RYDER first pleaded innocent to four felony shoplifting charges.
9 years ago . . . in 2005 - CHRIS KLEIN from the "American Pie" movies was arrested for a DUI.