What’s A Popular Saying You Don’t Really Understand? – #TQOTD
Cake and eating it, Crap on a stick or putting a cat in a bag and then letting it out. Sometimes we say weird things with meaningful messages. We learned some fun ones today.
TEXT QUESTION OF THE DAY:
What’s a popular saying you don’t really understand?
- Something bigger than myself. Wanting to be something bigger than myself. I mean isn't anything we do that's not selfish just that. It's so overused. I hate catch phrases.
- Cheugy (“chew-gee”)
- It is what it is
- “That’s so SUS.” I guess I’m officially old to not know slang anymore.
- I'm going to hit the head before we go. Why not just say I got to go to the restroom
- Can’t see the forest through the trees? Like, I was a little kid for goodness sake. WTH?
- I don't understand this one "hotter than Dutch Love"
- Hubby says “tomato-tomaaatoe” I had to spell it that way so you knew what I was saying lol I think you know what I am saying though
- I'll keep an eye out.
- I don’t understand “Sheesh” 😂
- You can’t have your cake and eat it too. Can’t it be in my stomach while I’m eating more at the same time? Doesn’t make any sense!
- "Release the kraken." I know it's a line in a movie but I have no idea why people say it.
- If I was any better, I'd be twins. Seriously... I have never understood that one.
- Cool beans
- "3 leaves let it be" bc poison ivy isn't the only wild plant with 3 leaves....
- “A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.”
- “What’s the whip?”
- it’s a fluid situation
- I plead the 5th
- Jimmy crack corn and I don't care.
- Two sheets to the wind.
- What about the saying STIFF UPPER LIP, who has a stiff lip and what exactly does that mean?
- "Barefoot and pregnant" Why does she have to be barefoot? Does it refer to being in the country?
- Sleep when the baby sleeps. Yeah ok
- You can't have your cake and eat it too. If it is indeed my cake, you really think I won't eat it?
- First one is She's all that and a bag of chips. Saying number two is when I was growing up my dad and his friends would say, wow look at here she is built like a brick house. What the heck does that really mean?
- "the bees knees" Do bees even have knees, and if so, what's so cool about them?
- "I'm not gonna lie" I just don't get it.... Do you regularly lie?
- When Fish says, "Hamburger"