What’s The Best Piece Of Career Advice You Have Ever Received? – #TQOTD
From your first job until your most recent, you've had other people telling you how to be better, so now it's time for you to share that knowledge with us.
TEXT QUESTION OF THE DAY:
What’s the best piece of career advice you have ever received?
- Was advised in college to learn how to golf. Don’t have to be good but That’s where a lot of relationships and deals happen. Turned out to be excellent advice! 🏌️♀️ ⛳️
- “I don’t blame you for wanting to leave this place, it’s so disfunctional here.”
- 8 years later and I’m still with “the new place” and definitely happy to work for a company whose values align with my own. Not exactly advice but it was the right choice!
- "24 hr. rule". Never have a knee jerk reaction, always take a day to digest and think about events or actions at work. Don't go off on a rant. This has saved me time and again. Sometimes things are not always what they appear until you stand back and take in the whole picture.
- Learn to pick your battles. You may be right but sometimes it’s best just to let it go.
- Keep your opinions open!! Don’t work somewhere that makes you unhappy!!
- The advice I always give is, Work and home = separate!! Don’t add your co-workers on social media and don’t act like BFF’s hanging out after work! Don’t get coworkers involved in any aspect of your life. Period!
- Advice? Always lower the volume on the radio so they don’t hear what you are listening to
- Best advise for me was to always ask for help, better to ask for help than to do it wrong
- TQOTD: Do not quit your job until you have another one lined up.
- Be comfortable with uncomfortable situations
- Not saying yes to every task asked of you- it is scary to say no but respect your boundaries and mental health!
- Best career/life advice. Work to live, not live to work.
- Get out of your comfort zone.
- My sister ended up managing the company I worked for. I was making crap money, toxic environment. I decided to go with a job offer at a different company. Making 5 more an hour and excelling in my career.
- You're always replaceable.
- You can't do what you don't know.
- Always learn from your co workers.
- I work alone. I tell myself to be on time, do my best, and be nice.
- Your work peers are not your friends. They will do anything to move up, that includes stepping on you.
- Always look a person in their face when you are talking to them or they are talking to you.
- Said the meanest boss ever, tee ,but he learned there’s no training Carol. He ended up liking me! (Slam goes the door) 😬💥🚪“.Your not here to make friends your here to do your job.now shut your yap. “ 34 years later......Imma still here and he’s been fired! My yaps still going, bahah👄
- If you can’t take rejection you’re in the wrong business
- When customers are rude to you, don't take it personally.
- Document everything. Good or bad.
- Don't listen to respond, rather listen to understand.
- The only people who don't make mistakes are the people who do nothing
- Not all humans will like you, and that's okay!
- Dress for the position you want not the position you have.
- The grass is not always greener on the other side
- Never work harder than the client
- Take early retirement!
- In my line of work I found teach your associates everything you know and they will make you look good. Treat them with respect and they will be loyal. Don’t ever try to hold them back and you get credit for their success.
- TQOTD: forget everything I ever taught you and go learn what your bosses want you to do it.
- I work as a nurse Tech at the hospital the greatest advice I've ever been told is to be a nurse tack before you become an RN
- Best career advice i've gotten is to not take a job solely for the money. You want to be happy or at least content with what you choose!
- My best advice would be from my mom (of course) show up, do your job. NEVER leave on bad terms and burn bridges. Also my own advice, don't get a job to make friends, that'll only create more drama! Get a job to make money and do better with your life! ❤️
- Back in the mid 80s some random stranger to me get into computers it's the way of the future. # Didn't do it # Still broke. SMH. PS I had 30,000 dollars to invest...
- The best career advice I have gotten is to make the worst or hardest part of the job your favorite part and be the best you can at it.
- "Don't take a job for the money, take a job cuz you love it" ~Jimmy Steele
- TQOTD. I don't know that I've ever received good career advice. Maybe that's why I stare in the mirror in the morning and cry and wonder what I did wrong.
- No matter what your job is do it with pride and do it well...from sweeping floors to being a boss. And what goes with this as well is always treat everyone with respect...everyone no matter their job!
- The best advice I ever received for my career is not to trust anyone or confide in any of your coworkers it’s bound determined to come back and bite you in the ass
Enter your number to get our free mobile app