What’s The Cringiest Thing You’ve Ever Seen A Bride And Groom Do For Their Wedding? – #TQOTD
Having their ex's give them away, a hardcore makeout session at the altar, or even a very inappropriate dress by the bride. Those are just a few examples of cringe moments at weddings, what was your cringiest memory from a wedding?
TEXT QUESTION OF THE DAY:
What’s the cringiest thing you’ve ever seen a bride and groom do for their wedding?
- In-laws wedding and groom and all groomsmen were wearing a tux and a ball cap. The groom had a dip of tobacco in during the wedding and I crap you not. His grooms cake was designed like a Copenhagen can.
- At my cousin's wedding, they did the thing where the groom removes the bride's garter and tosses it to all the single guys. I guess none of the guys wanted to be next to be married, because once the groom tossed the garter, no one grabbed it. It just landed on the ground a few feet in front of a crowd of motionless guys. The groom tossed the garter 3 times before one guy halfheartedly picked it off the ground. The bride wouldn't look at any of those guys for the rest of the night.
- Groom changed who his "Best Man" was and didn't tell the original BM until the start of the ceremony.
- Wedding was at a scenic boarding school campus during the summer. Guests were told dormitories were complimentary to stay in. Guests were not told there would be no bedding provided or A/C in the building. Groom later emailed everyone who stayed in a dorm asking for money.
- My uncle not only brought up his daughters ex boyfriend in his speech but talked about their toxic relationship for a solid 5 minutes. I highly recommend preparing a speech before talking in front of a room full of people.
- Requiring every attendee to bring a date because she didn't want "sad, lonely people on her day". Not my friends luckily but pretended to be a friend's date because she really wanted to see her cousin get married.
- Dated a girl in my 20s and went to her friend’s wedding in upstate New York. In the middle of the service the minister’s cell phone rang, he answered, it was God, God wanted to talk to the groom, conversation lasted a couple minutes, then the ceremony continued.
- Potluck wedding with no alcohol or music. Groom kept showing people his flask and bragging about it. Macaroni was only redeemable thing, but when i went to scoop there was hair in it. Very sad.
- It’s a tie between my sister breaking her knee (seriously) at her own wedding dancing to the cotton eyed joe and my stepsister having her reception at an honest to god truck stop while 6 months pregnant. In her defense, the food was good but WOW was it weird walking through a gas station in formal wear.
- they made this whole scenario where the bride was like a damsel in distress and the groom was James Bond and he got on a zipline and did this whole thing to “save her” and then kiss her. they even put the 007 music and everything. it was brutal to watch.
- My parents wedding. Lol I was about 28 when they finally got married. My mom hired a DJ, paid him, but never returned any of his calls to set up a song list. Like 10 minutes before they were supposed to walk down the isle they finally had my mom listen to a couple intros of the wedding march and pick one. It was a nice intimate wedding next to a gorgeous river on a beautiful sunny day and here the wedding starts with Queen’s rendition of the wedding march blaring with electric guitars. It was hilarious!
- Went to a wedding where the bride and groom didn't have teeth. Well let's just say when you may kiss the bride happened .....
- A toast by the best man that talked about how the couple was hooking up and how her heard them through the walls. The brides side was very strict Pentecostals. It was like the air was being sucked out fo the room.
- Get married. We warned him. He had to learn the hard way. #evilcrazysister
- Groomsmen came up to he aisle and handed a full size candy bar to the bride. ♀️
- I mean, my wedding was untraditional and I got married in black wedding dress, but at least it wasn’t a whole ensemble of pajamas!
- Didn't have a Dj but played music through pandora, it was different
- 30 years ago just about to the date my best friend got married and I was the maid of honor. Little did we know that the bride was pregnant and ended up leaving the reception due to morning sickness so I got asked to play bride so the reception could continue like the dollar dance and stuff like that I am still baffled to this day and yes they are still married
- The worst thing that I had ever seen, was actually at a reception rather then the wedding, and the groom actually started a fight at his own wedding, which ended up being about 25 guys all fighting each other, because everybody was drunk of course, and on top of that, his new wife was pregnant, and his parents paid for the whole wedding
- Cringiest wedding thing ever...at my wedding my husbands very intoxicated hockey friends gave him a lap dance during the dollar dance. I thought it was hilarious but I can imagine what all the grandparents thought.
- The minister (or pastor?) used to date the bride and gushed about how wonderful she was. Told the groom if he ever died not to worry, he'd take care of her. I was shell shocked. I so wished I could think of a reason to ask the couple for a copy of the video of their wedding but couldn't quite find a legit one.
- I wasn't a guest, I was working the wedding. The bride got drunk and sat on some other dudes lap for two hours and flirted with him while the groom sat by himself at the head table with a defeated look on his face.
- Pajamas. Everyone was in pajamas. Bride, groom, guests, everyone.
- My friend had a monkey greet guests to the reception. Mr. Monk was quite the hit!
- They sang their vows to each other. Neither had a singing voice.