What’s the weirdest thing you ever found in your apartment or home? – #TQOTD
I don’t know about you but I have moved around a lot so I for sure have found some weird things in houses or apartments when I moved in. Connie and I once moved into a place with roaches everywhere and it freaked us out and was nasty as hell! Steve found a room that looked like a weird kill room from a movie with empty jars (Can’t believe he didn’t smell them) and Christine found a bunch of bullets in a lamp shade. I will say this though … your answers for the TQOTD were awesome!
TEXT QUESTION OF THE DAY:
What’s the weirdest thing you ever found in your apartment or home?
- went to do laundry and there was a chicken in the laundry basket…a. Live one
- A pair of boxers wrapped around a broken pipe in the basement. My father-in-laws way of “fixing” it.
- Weirdest thing we found in our home. Was a skeleton lol in the cupboard
- Possums in my basement
- A knife stuck into a tree in our woods. Clearly had been there a number of years, all rusty and handle disintegrating. Creepy.
- The house we live in now has some old potato sacks and old newspapers in the walls for insulation. Husband was fixing a wall and pulled some of it out. Also found the weight and pulley for an old dumbwaiter still in the wall. Old houses are pretty cool
- McDonalds food in my son's dresser drawer.
- A live (BAT). My cat was playing with what I thought was a leaf. Wrong!
- My children
- An adult movie (vhs) on top of a cabinet in the kitchen.
- Bb gun pellets. Also had a cutout in one of the walls in one of the rooms and found other 'interesting' drug/gun related items there from previous owners
- carpet turkey on my wall... it's a long story.
- An angry bat.
- Acorns in my closet
- Found a WW1 headstone in my yard, used as a step.
- When I was a college student, I cleaned for the college in the summers. Let’s just say gross used condoms in the frat houses.
- Maybe a qt can of Vaseline.Here when we bought the house.
- These swans under the wallpaper during a bathroom remodel.
- My family
- A mole
- My house is really old and we found an old baby boot in the wall
- When we moved into our current home we are renting we found cockroaches and when we contacted landlords they tried to blame us
- A renter left behind her personal…. Umm… toy
- Not in my home but at my work several years ago, a family of raccoons in the electrical closet, I work at school!
- My friend came home and went to go to the bathroom and found a squirrel in the toilet
- When we moved into out last house 6 years ago, there was a plastic under the furnace. We were too afraid to touch it. We just moved into a new house but left it for the new owners
- A box of pinecones in the garage and my exs computer wide open so I could see he was unfaithful.
- Today I found a nipple or tongue ring in my washer when no one here has either of those piercings...
- A snake in the bathtub. Somehow came thru the pipes
- The weirdest thing we found was when we were remodeling our house, my husband pulled the ceiling down on the back porch area and about a thousand walnuts fell on him, evidently the squirrels were using it as storage
- The previous owner painted rugs on the floor...like literal paint, made to look like rugs.
- Well this isn’t exactly “in'' the house…..there was a patch of ground in the front yard that grass would not grow very well on. One day the husband started digging a bit, & hit something hard. After more digging, we realized it was a tombstone! I started freaking out, wondering if the guy was there. Turns out stuff like that ends up in fill…..who knew? I managed to track the guy down. They replaced the stone at some point, & this one ended up in dirt fill. Pretty creepy!
- My ex's mistress