Food Court Challenge: I Ordered Something Off Every Menu in the Mall Food Court
For starters no one dared me to do this. It was a spur-of-the-moment thing that I came up with on my own.
I was in the food court at Rivertown Crossings Mall today, trying to decide what I wanted, when a random thought crossed my mind: "I should order something from every place." I laughed to myself and then thought "why not? It would be interesting to do." I debated with myself but then I realized that it was now or never! If I didn't attempt this now I probably wouldn't have thought about this crazy idea again. So I went for it.
I ordered something off every menu in the food court.
From left to right this is what I got:
- Side order of noodles and 2 spring rolls from Cajun Cafe. Keep in mind, when I ordered a side of noodles I didn't expect it to be that BIG. I was expecting something small.
- Slice of cheese pizza and garlic bread from Villa Pizza
- Orange chicken and fried rice from China Max.
- Sushi (spicy shrimp roll) from Tokyo Express.
- Double Bacon Potato Skin Fries from Charley's Philly Steaks
- Spicy Tostada & mini cheesy chicken quesadilla from Taco Bell (quesadilla is below the fries)
- Corn Dog Nuggets kids meal from A&W
- 2 cookies from Subway
I know a lot of these food items are sides but it would be a little much if I ordered a meal from every restaurant. For example, I was obviously thinking about a philly sandwich from Charley's but for a limited time only, they had the potato skin fries so I had to try that.. and I'm glad I did because they were delicious! Being a sushi lover, I had to at least try a roll. It was a lot tastier than it looked. Not bad for mall sushi. And, being that my favorite thing from Subway is their cookies, it was only right.
The end result? $37 later, I had a ton of leftovers and although it was tasty trying everything, I hated myself afterwards. I was uncomfortably full and felt tired and lethargic once the excitement died down.
Would I conquer the food court again? Most likely not. But at least now I can say I did it... and I have a random conversation starter.