Odd Satisfactions that Bring Me Joy
We've all heard about the simple pleasures in life that bring us joy but what about odd satisfactions? I have several, and even if you haven't thought about it you have one or a few yourself. On Tuesday's Christine-ology I talk about those odd satisfactions.
Let’s talk about satisfaction.
Dictionary.com defines it as
an act of satisfying; fulfillment; gratification.
Satisfaction comes in different forms for different people. For some it could be satisfaction with your job, satisfaction with your family, and the obvious, satisfaction with balloon animals.
But not all satisfaction is clear and cut. Some are weird. Some would describe it ass “odd.”
The Rolling Stones said they couldn’t get any of it, but all they have to do is go on YouTube and see a myriad of videos that display strange satisfactions.
I felt it yesterday when I was slicing a red onion for my dinner. Each slice so perfectly cut. I felt that same sense of satisfaction the previous night slicing an avocado and then neatly placing the slices in my quinoa bowl.
My satisfactions aren’t just limited to food but other things that give me that ahhhhh *sigh* sense of feeling include:
- Canned dog food coming out in the exact shape of the can
- Squeezing out a string of puss from a popped pimple
- The smell of gasoline
- A color-coordinated and organized closet
- Peeling the entire skin off an orange in one take
- Watching makeup videos and seeing it all blend together to make a face masterpiece
- Seeing the guy behind the meat counter scoop ground meat
Is this weird? Probably. But that’s what makes them oddly satisfying. What is your odd satisfaction?
Christine-ology is every Tuesday and Thursday at 7:30 a.m.